X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
    Zach Horstman joins them all two years later (granted Moss & Cordova will be gone). Doubt that any 2010 kids from SDSU will be on the roster unless a scholarship pops open or it's a walk-on situation. Likely suitors could include:

Adol Aloung
    Jared Bartling
    Terrell Newton

Still many thought that SD kids aren't good enough to build this program...what they will see is that they won't only be good enough they will be the leaders in the future.

Looking ahead at 2012.....

Sam Wallin
    Zach Kraning

then too early to tell for others but these two will draw a lot of attention the next four years.
    Cadsev...a quick synopsis on the above mentioned kids from the 2011 & 2012 classes would be greatly appreciated. I know Aloung (Roosevelt) has been mentioned on here for almost 2 years and it would be nice to get an update on him. Bartling is another Roosevelt kid but I haven't heard as much about him. The other 3 (Newton, Wallin, Kraning) I haven't heard much about.

Comment

Terrell Newton - 6'5" Huron Junior, plays all 5 positions on the floor, hard nosed tough kid. Might be without a true position in college but a good enough athlete to contribute. Hard to say what level right now but will get some DI looks.

Jared Bartling - SF Roosevelt Junior has been too inconsistent to state he's a DI basketball player. One night he looks great (ala Yankton 15 & 23 night performance) then he goes many games without putting up any significant numbers. Will get plenty of looks being 6'8" but doubtful that SDSU has interest, will offer or show interest down the road.

Zach Kraning - 6'9" freshman post from Viborg. Will be highly sought after due to size. He has nice vertical size not necessarily overwhelming broad shoulders but there is plenty of room to grow. He's narrow and should widen out a bit as he gets older. Has shown vast improvement in one year and if that continues will be a top recruit in 2012 class.

Sam Wallin - 6'3" freshman from SF O'Gorman....many consider him the most talented freshman currently in the class. Consistent strong, athletic guard with a high scoring mentality. Has had some great numbers for OG this year in limited playing time. Will be the foundation for the program in years to come. He's got a size 15 foot and could grow 1-2 inches more....fairly developed already for a freshman so hard to say how much taller he'll get, if he gets into the 6'4" - 6'6" range his value and stock in the DI rankings obviously rises...however currently he'll get strong DII-low DI looks.
      Last edited by Cadsev; 02-10-2009, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Zach Horstman - 6'9" freshman post from Viborg. Will be highly sought after due to size. He has nice vertical size not necessarily overwhelming broad shoulders but there is plenty of room to grow. He's narrow and should widen out a bit as he gets older. Has shown vast improvement in one year and if that continues will be a top recruit in 2012 class.
        Cadsev means Zach Kranning here btw, as he is the extremely tall kid from Viborg. Zach's father, Patrick, was my old high school's (Alcester) coach for quite a few years, but left to take the superintendent job at Viborg when I was in 8th grade, so I never got to play for him (though I attended many summer camps with him during my elementry/junior high years). I have never seen Zach play, but if he listens to his father, he'll be an incredibly good player.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Terrell Newton - 6'5" Huron Junior, plays all 5 positions on the floor, hard nosed tough kid. Might be without a true position in college but a good enough athlete to contribute. Hard to say what level right now but will get some DI looks.

Jared Bartling - SF Roosevelt Junior has been too inconsistent to state he's a DI basketball player. One night he looks great (ala Yankton 15 & 23 night performance) then he goes many games without putting up any significant numbers. Will get plenty of looks being 6'8" but doubtful that SDSU has interest, will offer or show interest down the road.

Zach Horstman - 6'9" freshman post from Viborg. Will be highly sought after due to size. He has nice vertical size not necessarily overwhelming broad shoulders but there is plenty of room to grow. He's narrow and should widen out a bit as he gets older. Has shown vast improvement in one year and if that continues will be a top recruit in 2012 class.

Sam Wallin - 6'3" freshman from SF O'Gorman....many consider him the most talented freshman currently in the class. Consistent strong, athletic guard with a high scoring mentality. Has had some great numbers for OG this year in limited playing time. Will be the foundation for the program in years to come. He's got a size 15 foot and could grow 1-2 inches more....fairly developed already for a freshman so hard to say how much taller he'll get, if he gets into the 6'4" - 6'6" range his value and stock in the DI rankings obviously rises...however currently he'll get strong DII-low DI looks.
          Cadsev,
          Where does Cory Jacobson from Viborg fit into this picture during the next few years? Any info on him?
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            Cadsev,
            Where does Cory Jacobson from Viborg fit into this picture during the next few years? Any info on him?
            Check the 2011 Recruits thread . . .

(Search. A GOOD feature . . . )
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Check the 2011 Recruits thread . . .

(Search. A GOOD feature . . . )

I did check it Filbert, but Cadsev had not provided his overview of Jacobson there like he did with the recruits in this thread. He only noted that Cory had scored 40+ in one game and SDSU had been to Viborg to watch him once. I figured since this thread was discussing recruits from 2009-2012, it was all right to ask about Jacobson here too. Guess not...
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                I did check it Filbert, but Cadsev had not provided his overview of Jacobson there like he did with the recruits in this thread. He only noted that Cory had scored 40+ in one game and SDSU had been to Viborg to watch him once. I figured since this thread was discussing recruits from 2009-2012, it was all right to ask about Jacobson here too. Guess not...
                Didn't mean to sound harsh (hence smiley).

Also, since I noticed the 2011 Recruits thread wasn't sticky, I went ahead and stuck it. I guess if we need a 2012 Recruits thread, somebody can create that, too.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Cadsev means Zach Kranning here btw, as he is the extremely tall kid from Viborg. Zach's father, Patrick, was my old high school's (Alcester) coach for quite a few years, but left to take the superintendent job at Viborg when I was in 8th grade, so I never got to play for him (though I attended many summer camps with him during my elementry/junior high years). I have never seen Zach play, but if he listens to his father, he'll be an incredibly good player.
                  Ya my bad.....should proof-read prior to hitting save...and yes indeed I did mean Zach Kraning and not Horstman....Horstman sucks

Cory Jacobson is on the radar.....solid guard and one of a few prospects in the 2011 class. Nagy has seen him play this season but no offer has been extended. More than likely will wait until summer when he's seen against a little tougher competition than the Class B SD HS level. He is solid and will only continue to get better. Could easily see him land a scholarship offer in the next six months if all goes well for him.

Comment

Dykstra and Heemstra have signed this morning.

Comment

Closing and de-sticking this thread . . . feel free to carry on with future recruit talk on the appropriate threads . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X