This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2009-10 Recruits

Nagy and Klink were on hand tonight to watch Madison trounce Dell Rapids Public 75-48. White, who was named MVP of the game, had 21 on 8-11 shooting including a long three pointer to end the third quarter. Fiegen had 15 on 6-11 shooting. The two men look good out there.

Comment

Went to the Madison-Dell Rapids game tonight. Dell Rapids just didn't have anyone the size of Chad and Tony. They could have taken a good shot every time down the court but they actually passed to open teammates. Only saw one bad pass between the two tonight. They both looked really good.

While they are both very good players, I don't think you can call them the best recruits ever for SDSU. It's so hard to compare players from different times. Do I think they will be good college players? Yes and I look forward to seeing them play next year for State.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        Nagy and Klink were on hand tonight to watch Madison trounce Dell Rapids Public 75-48. White, who was named MVP of the game, had 21 on 8-11 shooting including a long three pointer to end the third quarter. Fiegen had 15 on 6-11 shooting. The two men look good out there.
        I saw Radar and AC there, along with the guy from the 'practice squad' I believe. Don't know who he is but those were the 3 players I saw. I did see Nagy towards the middle of the fourth quarter.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
          Went to the Madison-Dell Rapids game tonight. Dell Rapids just didn't have anyone the size of Chad and Tony. They could have taken a good shot every time down the court but they actually passed to open teammates. Only saw one bad pass between the two tonight. They both looked really good.

While they are both very good players, I don't think you can call them the best recruits ever for SDSU. It's so hard to compare players from different times. Do I think they will be good college players? Yes and I look forward to seeing them play next year for State.
          I have only watched White and Feigen during the state tourney last year on TV. They are good recruits, no question about that, but the best ever in SDSU history? I think we need to let them tell us that by what they do on the court and shucks they are teens and perhaps very bright and athletic ones at that. Lets see what they can do next year.

Comment

The "guy from the practice squad" was nick selkin from lincoln. I have heard he is going to be on the team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoHopRebounds View Post
              The "guy from the practice squad" was nick selkin from lincoln. I have heard he is going to be on the team next year.
              Thanks for the info. Seen him sitting on the bench with the hurt guys and redshirts and didn't know who he was.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                That was a half-court shot, blue. And that's pretty typical of Chad to hit those (i.e. 2007 "A" third-place game against Parkston) LOL
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by NoHopRebounds View Post
                  I think he went to USF right out of high school but chose after his first year to go to SDSU. That would make him a one-year teammate of Dwight Peterson if I have my facts correct.
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                    I think he went to USF right out of high school but chose after his first year to go to SDSU. That would make him a one-year teammate of Dwight Peterson if I have my facts correct.
                    Yeah he was seeing the floor about the same minutes as Dwight towards the end of the season.... should at least help in practice...

Comment

Chad had a triple double last night with 12 points, 11 rebounds, and 12 assists as Madison beat Dakota Valley 94-51. Tony added 15 points.

GO STATE
                      Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                        That should complete our squad, two guys that couldn't get playing time at a middle of the pack GPAC team in NAIA II. Joeboo, are there any guys that were cut at BHSU that we could pick up?

I hate to be so negative, but in my opinion we need to be recruiting outside of SD. I am no expert, it is just my opinion.

Look what our Summit Leagues opponents are recruiting:
                        http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...&ATCLID=921530

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                          That should complete our squad, two guys that couldn't get playing time at a middle of the pack GPAC team in NAIA II. Joeboo, are there any guys that were cut at BHSU that we could pick up?

I hate to be so negative, but in my opinion we need to be recruiting outside of SD. I am no expert, it is just my opinion.

I believe Pederson and Selken are walk-ons and do not have a scholarship. If I have my facts right that would prove that kids are beginning to WANT to be here and aren't coming just for a scholarship.

Comment

So, Oakland is signing a local kid. UMKC is signing a local kid. Oral Roberts is up in Alaska and SU is in Australia. I'm pretty sure we don't have an assistant going to Alaska or Australia and the other two teams are signing in-state players. As for size, we recruited 6'10" Davis, 6'7" Radar, transfer 6'8" Pederson, 6'6" White, and 6'7" Feigen. I've seen how athletic the last 3 are. I would take that size with talent over a risky 7 footer from Australia.

Comment

Those guys are walk-ons and Pederson should see some floor time at the Jacks... Selken probably will be in a similar position as Wipf but if a guy WANTS to walk on thats fine with me... There is a big difference between them and White, Feigen, Davis and Rader, though Pederson might see a lil more time because of his style of play fits in good with the Jacks offense.... He is 6-8 and can shoot and can defend the 4....

BHSU..... I'm pretty sure next year we would beat USD..... As far as players.... Its hard for me to judge without being bias I'd say maybe 3 could make the team with 2 seeing time, and 1 helping out the Jacks....

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                                So, Oakland is signing a local kid. UMKC is signing a local kid. Oral Roberts is up in Alaska and SU is in Australia. I'm pretty sure we don't have an assistant going to Alaska or Australia and the other two teams are signing in-state players. I would take that size with talent over a risky 7 footer from Australia.
                                I will say this about recruiting in Australia, the two Aussies that signed with Southern Utah are not risky, as they went through the Australian Institute of Sport. The most talented basketball players from Australia (Luc Longely, Andrew Bogut, Nate Jawai, Patty Mills, AJ Ogilvy) have all played at the AIS.

When I was working at the AIS, there was a coach (not coaching at the AIS; but with a state team) that I met that was wondering about South Dakota State. He was asking me about State's mens program. He was thinking about applying for a Grad Assistant position. He had talked with Coach Nagy about the opening, but Nagy had told him he was probably overqualified for the Grad Assistant position, thus he didn't apply for it.

So for Southern Utah to get two kids from Australia and the fact they played at the AIS, they are definetly trying to move up in the Summit League.

Comment

Working...
                                X