2007 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2007 Roster

Loney. Not Looney. They guy works his ass off, at least give him the honor of spelling his name right.

Comment

JoeBoo: I think it's great that you, a Black Hills State U student, is an ardent Jackrabbit supporter. You obviously follow the team closely. Are you able to see many games in person? I know WNAX coverage in the Black Hills is real spotty...are you able to get WNAX in Spearfish?

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

PG - Callahan - Casey - Palarca
        SG - Sargent - Moss
        SF - Williams - Cassaday
        PF - Beran - Loney
        C - Berte - Engen

Others
        Moss should see decent time if he doesn't redshirt. Most likely towards the end of the season.
        Bassett and Cordova seem like simular players to me with simular size. Both will see time backing up the post positions.

One of the true freshman will probably be a starter, Either Palarca, Sargent, or Moss. Just depends which one is the furthest ahead.

I'm expecting big things out of Callahan this year. On the gojacks.com roster it says he's added 20 pounds of muscle and has improved his vertical by 4 inches. He showed what he can do in flashes last year and should be a more consistent player this year.
        Last edited by mitchell; 10-17-2007, 12:40 PM. Reason: just cause

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
          Loney. Not Looney. They guy works his ass off, at least give him the honor of spelling his name right.
          Sorry I its Loney I wasn't sure..... As far as WNAX its my favorite station I listened to it all the time growing up, at night I get it here; last year they had the free broadcast but it was usually maxed out for basketball games... I follow a lot of basketball on here and Terry V. blog I also know people that know a lot bout the program.... I had kinda quit listening to SDSU games towards the end of there D-II days and the start of D-I days because less and less of there opponents I recognized but with 2 years ago "lets have football players play" and last years "will we have enough to finish the game" kinda brought an interest to the team for me you learn who the real players are the ones who stick it out and then the some what local recruiting class. Dale Moss South Dakota, Clint Saregent close enough, Josh Cassady was a team mate to one of my good college friends... and Palarca who isn't local but seems to be playing really good.

I don't want people to get upset about me forgenting Loney or for spelling his name wrong... The guy is one of those guys that does his job and does it quietly something a lot of people including myself respect..... He is a guy that gets lost though also you have 2 seniors returning 2 sophomores that lit it up last year and quite possibly the best recruiting class that SDSU has ever had.... no disrespect to Loney at all.

Comment

Without Cadwell it seems like we may lack a pure shooter that can hit the 3 when we need it. Who's the best pure shooter? Who's going to be best at the 2 guard? Callahan and Palarca appear to be point guards. Sargent and Moss and Williams appear to be wings/slashers. Who's going to be the shooter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-D1 View Post
              Without Cadwell it seems like we may lack a pure shooter that can hit the 3 when we need it. Who's the best pure shooter? Who's going to be best at the 2 guard? Callahan and Palarca appear to be point guards. Sargent and Moss and Williams appear to be wings/slashers. Who's going to be the shooter?
              We haven't had a pure 3-pt shooter for years. You could make a case Cadwell was his freshman year but not last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                We haven't had a pure 3-pt shooter for years. You could make a case Cadwell was his freshman year but not last year.
                Callahan shot pretty good from the arch last year.... Post presence and an electric point guard will help a lot when it comes to perimeter play.... teams won't be able to sag to the shooter like they did last year with Cadwell.... I wouldn't be surprised if Callahan put up big numbers from the arch this year, especially if he is playing the two with Palarca at the point.... Sergent can also shoot lights out and he has a the ability to take it to the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Callahan shot pretty good from the arch last year.... Post presence and an electric point guard will help a lot when it comes to perimeter play.... teams won't be able to sag to the shooter like they did last year with Cadwell.... I wouldn't be surprised if Callahan put up big numbers from the arch this year, especially if he is playing the two with Palarca at the point.... Sergent can also shoot lights out and he has a the ability to take it to the hole.
                  I agree with Joe. From what Nagy has said, I think we can expect to see better shooting from Callahan and he showed streaks of this last year. He said a number of times last year that he is a really good shooter and he can't understand how it hasn't transitioned to game action. I don't think he is our point guard, and having him at the two will help. Kai can shoot it from outside, he was lights out at midnight madness (I know that isn't a great predictor, but actually most of the team shot very well). I think Sargent has a pretty good mid-range game, that was the impression I got from talking with one of his high school coaches, but I don't know about his range. He might have that lost art (10-15 footers) you don't see too much anymore in high school kids.

Either way, having a post presence will be the biggest factor in our outside shooting improving. Ben and Berte should help there this year, although I don't know about the following year...
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                  X