This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2008-09 Recruits

ok.... I don't know if he every had an offer.... What I do know is that SDSU had looked at him (how hard I don't know)
    As for why he is going to BHSU... we're giving him a full ride and our assistant use to coach at the high school and is a friend of the family.....

The kids from Colorado I was talking about was

Beau Gamble a 6+ foot PG from Boulder Colorado.... a 2 star recruit has a known offer from Santa Clara as well as interest but no offer from Northern Illinois

Kameron Wilhite a 6-3 PG from Peblo Colorado... hes a 1 star recruit is a football player so his recruitment is mixed...... I watched a couple of his games on FSN Rockey Mountain and he is hes similar to when Garrett runs the point....

Comment

Another update on Wolters. Something must not have gone well while he was in Brookings; http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090...TS04/104160023

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Another update on Wolters. Something must not have gone well while he was in Brookings; http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090...TS04/104160023
        It's already been discussed at length, he just didn't like SDSU and didn't see it as a good fit. Personally, I hope he goes to NDSU so we have the opportunity to play him for the next 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          It's already been discussed at length, he just didn't like SDSU and didn't see it as a good fit. Personally, I hope he goes to NDSU so we have the opportunity to play him for the next 4 years.
          Things have changed. IMO, SDSU is right in the thick of it. Obviously i felt better about it before he took a visit up north but i think he is just struggling to make a decision and is weighing out all his options. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
            Bingo. Wolters is not on our screen. We cant change this and we move on. I dont think any of the staff goffed unless we forgot to pay the motel bill for his stay

Comment

Sounds like Wolters will make a decision next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Bingo. Wolters is not on our screen. We cant change this and we move on. I dont think any of the staff goffed unless we forgot to pay the motel bill for his stay
                Today's (April 21) Fargo Forum includes an article under the headline: St. Cloud Tech guard considering NDSU offer. In the story, SDSU is still listed as one of three D-I programs Wolters is considering:

The St. Cloud Times newspaper reported that Nate Wolters, a 6-foot-5 all-state guard, is considering Division I scholarship offers from NDSU, South Dakota State and Colorado State, coached by former NDSU head coach Tim Miles. Wolters is also considering Division II offers from Augustana of Sioux Falls, S.D., St. Cloud State and Minnesota State Mankato.

Odd thing: the St. Cloud paper didn't list SDSU but the Fargo Forum, citing the St. Cloud paper as a source, lists SDSU.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/238050/

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                  Sounds like Wolters will make a decision next week.
                  I heard tonight a decision is expected within the next day or two. SDSU has an offer out to Nate.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    I heard tonight a decision is expected within the next day or two. SDSU has an offer out to Nate.
                    Based the player's prior comments and optimism previously expressed by Augie, I'll guess that he's going to Augie.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Ran across this story while searching the internet for news anything more about Wolters. Can't wait to see Brayden in the Jackrabbit uniform

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...d=4786&page=77

Quietly, he sits in the weight room pounding the weights. No one stands around him as he works out to his own drummer. The tunes coming from his mp3 player are all he knows at the moment. With intensity and passion in his eyes, the Brookings Register Player of the Year knows he needs to be better next year.
                      "He's definitely a humble kid, but he's got a quiet confidence about himself," said Paul Seville, director of operations for the Dakota Schoolers. "He handles himself in high regard; he can be bashful at times."
                      If you get him on the court; prepare to be amazed. You see a different persona from the shy and humble prep star you see on a daily basis. Brayden Carlson, a future Jackrabbit, becomes confident , yet menacing, with acrobatic moves and deadly three-point shooting for those who dare to enter his sacred ground.
                      "It is that competitive spirit that comes out in the kid," said Bobcats head coach Travis Engebretson. "I think the basketball court is kind of Brayden's domain in terms of what he likes to do and how hard he works."

Comment

You see a different persona from the shy and humble prep star you see on a daily basis. Brayden Carlson, a future Jackrabbit, becomes confident , yet menacing, with acrobatic moves and deadly three-point shooting for those who dare to enter his sacred ground.
                        "Dare to enter his sacred ground."

Chortle!

Writer needs to lay off the Red Bull . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          "dare to enter his sacred ground."

chortle!

Writer needs to lay off the red bull . . .
                          lol!!!
                          Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

wonder if the writer still lurks around the board???????
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Breaking News......

Nate Wolters is going to be a SDSU Jack!!!!!

GO BIG GO BLUE GO JACKS

Comment

Source? Link?

Not doubting you, just wondering how you heard?

Comment

Working...
                                X