GDT: Friars(#4) vs Jackrabbits(#13) 11:40CDT Key Bank Center TruTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Providence might not be that bad after all.
    Or the Jacks were just that good (but fell just short)

Comment

• the jacks have nothing to feel bad or be embarassed about. the friars, after all, are the regular season champs of the same conference where patrick ewing, chris mullin, alonzo mourning, and carmelo anthony played, among many other all time greats and hall of famers

they were not able to play the game they prefer to play and most often played during the season, BUT STILL played them to a game that was within one possession with one minute to go

there have been several references to the jacks not winning yet in this tourney. since we have been in D1, our conference has won 4 games in the ncaa. maybe i am mildly biased but i would say that it is beyond debate that the Baylor and Michigan and Gonzaga teams we played were FAR BETTER than the teams played in any of those 4 wins

the providence team and the maryland team were maybe not beyond debate but probably better than any of those teams and definitely BIGGER

Ohio state was really our one BIG opportunity to get a win. initially i thought the matchup with providence would be better and it was still our second best opportunity, but they did have a big size advantage and they did a VERY good job of forcing us into a game where they could take the greatest possible advantage of that

it definitely did NOT come down to the officials!!! we needed to take better care of the ball!!! but we were right in the game and one or two breaks would have been huge!! the two that stand out were the circus shot made by their PG AND the call going their way with 30 seconds left after the refs had the whistles in their pocket the whole game

anyway we have played 6 ncaa games. we have been tied or within 3 points with 90 seconds or less to go in three out of the six!! we played baylor very tough for the big majority of the game. gonzaga and michigan beat us comfortably but we were DEFINITELY not embarrassed

we have given ourselves a GOOD GOOD shot to win 3 of the games. keep doing that! we will get the wins soon enough!!

the jacks were DEFINITELY good enough to make the sweet 16 in this tourney. we played a tough team in the first round and came up just a small bit short

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        I wonder how Matthew Mors is liking Wisconsin?
        https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/st...831921164?s=21

I tried giving you guys a heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X