GDT: Friars(#4) vs Jackrabbits(#13) 11:40CDT Key Bank Center TruTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If I remember correctly, Mike declared after his junior year and then removed his name before the deadline. Nothing to lose by doing that - gets an evaluation of your game by scouts and they give suggestions about the parts of your game that need to be worked on.
    no limit to it either. I'm sure most are hoping we'll have him back for two years. he was trending on twitter https://streamable.com/9umnoc

Last edited by peavy; 03-17-2022, 08:38 PM. Reason: edit: broke streamable into 2 gifs

Comment

• I wonder how Matthew Mors is liking Wisconsin?

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        I wonder how Matthew Mors is liking Wisconsin?
        I think if he does decide to transfer Creighton would be on the top of his list. I believe they were his runner-up to Wisconsin. We could always hope though!

Comment

He red-shirted this year.

Comment

if we are going for long shots, i think i would rather have Griesel

hope i am wrong. matthew seems like a really nice kid!! and i wish him great success, but i am not sure he is going to be that good

Comment

• Obviously Sam has a ton of experience and is very talented, but he also thrives with the ball in his hand. We already have Baylor for that role. I think the team would be better served by someone off the ball.

Comment

Obviously Sam has a ton of experience and is very talented, but he also thrives with the ball in his hand. We already have Baylor for that role. I think the team would be better served by someone off the ball.
                good thought!!! i believe the two would find a way to thrive, just as when baylor was a freshman AA was the main ball handler, but they have figured it out. but truly i do see the spirit of your idea and do NOT disagree

that said i also do not see mohrs best as a slasher or spot up shooter. he is probably also best with ball in his hands. and i have doubts he will be as impactful as either of those two

i am REALLY hoping that the kid from lincoln will be a clone of a player who was at ndsu a while back. Wright i believe was name. Traevon Wright i think

also the guards we have coming could be very very good. the kid from hull i am told by those who see him a lot has NO HOLES in his game. only worry he is skinny but so are doug and baylor

and i think Sayler and the Desmet kid have a chance to be excellent also

of course those 3 area all between 6'3 and 6'5 so not the player exactly that was first mentioned here

Comment

• Maybe its just me but for a mid major it seems having a score first pg who can shoot the 3 is the key needed for an NCAA upset. I will not post any evidence to back my claim out of shear laziness......But it seems quick guards who can score are the x factor for the upset win.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

good thought!!! i believe the two would find a way to thrive, just as when baylor was a freshman AA was the main ball handler, but they have figured it out. but truly i do see the spirit of your idea and do NOT disagree

that said i also do not see mohrs best as a slasher or spot up shooter. he is probably also best with ball in his hands. and i have doubts he will be as impactful as either of those two

i am REALLY hoping that the kid from lincoln will be a clone of a player who was at ndsu a while back. Wright i believe was name. Traevon Wright i think

also the guards we have coming could be very very good. the kid from hull i am told by those who see him a lot has NO HOLES in his game. only worry he is skinny but so are doug and baylor

and i think Sayler and the Desmet kid have a chance to be excellent also

of course those 3 area all between 6'3 and 6'5 so not the player exactly that was first mentioned here
                    If I remember correctly from his prep school highlight tape, Broden Lien is a good perimeter shooter. Not the slasher type, but a 6'8 player who can shoot the 3 would be a piece the Jacks haven't had.

Comment

• 24 Hours later and a little reflection time.

My first thought? Damn, they were right there. Just a couple things going the other way and that result could have been different in this game and that could happen against darn near anyone had we advanced.

Second thought is just appreciation for this team of great players, coaches, and others. Was that team any fun to watch? We are so damned spoiled as SDSU fans to get to watch great basketball every year. All this team did was to go18-0 in conference, win the SLT, lead the nation in field goal % and 3-point %, second in the nation in scoring, and set numerous school records that won't be touched. And, of course, total domination at Frost Arena. They battled through everything that was thrown at them. Remember the collective "Uh,oh?" after Idaho? More important than all of the on court stuff is the quality people that they all are. Players and coaches alike. I've been watching SDSU basketball for darn near 50 years and this is the team that I will remember as being the best. Man, what a year! Can't believe it is over but only one team cuts down the nets.

Thanks to Douglas Wilson. Wow, what a show you put on in the Yellow and Blue! We've never done it but #35 should be in the rafters! Maybe that could be part of the new FB&T Arena? Hang the legends up there! Douglas, Nate, and Mike from the D1 era and the legends from D2. Best wishes to him and his family on whatever is next.

This team took SDSU to a whole new place and raised the bar for all who come after.

There will be plenty of time to talk about the future. Its time to reflect on this amazing bunch of Jackrabbits!

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• We needed a perimeter player to get some dribble drive. Arians started to get that message in the second half, but against a team like Providence you need to be understood right away. But its water under the bridge and I don't think we played poorly.

What a year though. Perfect conference and a very solid non-con.

Comment

• Is there anything known about our non-con schedule for next year? Or when does that usually get announced?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If I remember correctly from his prep school highlight tape, Broden Lien is a good perimeter shooter. Not the slasher type, but a 6'8 player who can shoot the 3 would be a piece the Jacks haven't had.
                            you mean besides jordan dykstra and mike daum? or just for the last 3 years since mike graduated. and YES that player would have been really helpful!! imagine if we could have had mike and doug together)) or some form of that. imagine the room doug would have to operate in the paint if mike was taking a big defender out 20 feet from the hoop

of course the thing with both of them was that in their own way they were both affective inside and outside

i have to guess that meant that Broden was ABSOLUTELY NOT ready to contribute this year because the idea of a shooting big had to be appealing to the coaches

well anyway the last time we had a good shooting post player who was NOT ready to play as a true freshman, he turned out to be more than WORTH THE WAIT)))!! i guess i have doubts we have the next one of those but i will be happy to be wrong!!!!

Comment

• Providence might not be that bad after all.

Comment

• Too bad the Jacks didn’t get matched up with Illinois. They stunk yesterday. Jacks always seem to have a tough matchup. Oh well. Jacks will win one eventually.

Comment

Working...
                                X