GDT: Friars(#4) vs Jackrabbits(#13) 11:40CDT Key Bank Center TruTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Friars(#4) vs Jackrabbits(#13) 11:40CDT Key Bank Center TruTV

The Friars enter the game as the regular season champ of the Big East. They are the best team assembled for many years at Providence. The Friar fans indicate the team plays physical which makes me hope that regular basketball referees are retained rather than MMA officials. The distance to Buffalo would assume that there will be many more Friar fans in the arena. The opponent has an experienced team with the Covid rules that extended so many college careers including Douglas Wilson who has also found improvements in his game. The Friars seem insulted that they are only around 2+ point favorites for today's game. Even though the Friars find playing the Jackrabbits an inconvenience on the tournament trail, the Jackrabbits are confident they will bring game to the Friars. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

It sounds like Luke Appel is hobbled from the foot injury he suffered against NDSU, but the Coach Hendo says he's going to try to play. Luke and Matt Dentlinger will need to provide some high-quality backup minutes in order for the Jacks to compete against the much bigger Friars. The Jacks' outside shooters will have to be on, too. Go, Jacks! Get that first Big Dance win!
    This space for lease.

Comment

Feel free to remove if not allowed. Game link for those who don't have cable. You shouldn't need any sort of ad-block. Worst case the game is a few seconds behind the actual one, and refresh the page if it stops

https://ustvgo.tv/trutv/

Comment

This should be an awesome game.

The two teams couldn't be more different. They are big, physical, defensive minded, and like a slower pace. The Jacks are fast, offensive minded, and love to push it. What gives today? Will we struggle with their length or will they struggle with our offensive prowess?

Have to keep the bigs out of foul trouble. All hands on deck rebounding today! Just play Jackrabbit basketball

Let's do this!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I think that Appel performing for the entire game as needed will be important. Dentlinger will need to up the game. The guard play and Wilson should be amped up for this game.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This is going to be a battle. Jacks need to guard the 3 a little better

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
              Feel free to remove if not allowed. Game link for those who don't have cable. You shouldn't need any sort of ad-block. Worst case the game is a few seconds behind the actual one, and refresh the page if it stops

https://ustvgo.tv/trutv/
              stuck at work, thanks so much for the link. works great. i was getting worried. missed the first couple minutes but much appreciated.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I like the start. Seems like we can get stops easier than I anticipated. Need some other players besides Doug + Baylor to create more offense.

Also, we are already trending #2 on Twitter. Even though it’s an early game, the national attention from playing right now is unreal.

Comment

Jacks seem to have a speed and quickness advantage. Need to get some scoring from someone other than the big two.

Comment

Foul trouble doesn’t appear like it’ll be an issue for anyone today. I think that favors us.

Comment

Lazy passes hurting the Jacks right now

Comment

Baylor looking a little gassed.

Comment

Limit turnovers. Hit shots and we’ve got better than a punchers chance.

I was worried Doug would pick up a cheap foul at the end of that marathon before the first media.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                            Lazy passes hurting the Jacks right now
                            No kidding.

Comment

**** awful passing

Comment

Working...
                              X