Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU @ ORU Halfway through the Summit

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
    Well there you go. You didn't even need me to explain it.
    So how does watching the game on Saturday tell us anything about where SDSU and ORU have come from?

If you're gonna have an opinion on something explain your point. People can't read minds.

Comment

This was your question....I wonder though, did SDSU close the gap more than ORU has regressed?. If you watched the game it's pretty easy to ascertain. You answered your own question. So the answer is yes.

Our bigs were better our guards were better and we won. Our coach is in much better condition than theirs.. Our assistants were more nattily attired and even our cheerleaders where better looking and more athletic. Our crowd is larger and our student section is much more vocal. I'm sure our bus was nicer and got better gas mileage too.

So all in all, that's why the gap has been closed and why SDSU has a better program and will continue to have a better program for the foreseeable future. In fact I can't think of one reason a kid would want to attend ORU unless you played baseball.

Comment

This was your question....I wonder though, did SDSU close the gap more than ORU has regressed?. If you watched the game it's pretty easy to ascertain. You answered your own question. So the answer is yes.

Our bigs were better our guards were better and we won. Our coach is in much better condition than theirs.. Our assistants were more nattily attired and even our cheerleaders where better looking and more athletic. Our crowd is larger and our student section is much more vocal. I'm sure our bus was nicer and got better gas mileage too.

So all in all, that's why the gap has been closed and why SDSU has a better program and will continue to have a better program for the foreseeable future. In fact I can't think of one reason a kid would want to attend ORU unless you played baseball.

Even after spewing all of this you still have not answered my question as to how watching ONE game on Saturday gives us any info on the development (or regression) of the two programs since 08-09.

My question of this:

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        I wonder though, did SDSU close the gap more than ORU has regressed?
        was in response to bigticket1's post that seemed to insinuate that ORU didn't have any talent outside of Omegano. I took that to mean that he thought ORU has taken a HUGE step back. He may not have meant it that way, but I'm not sure the cupboard is exactly bare down there which is why I asked the question above. They are top 200 in RPI and .500 on the year. Not great, but not horrible either.

Your response of:

Really? I would say if you watched the game it was very easy to figure this out.
        gives us nothing. What was easy to figure out? That the Jacks are way better than 08-09? That ORU is way worse?

Maybe we need to talk to the ORU posts and see what they say.

Comment

Any questions as to why dragging discussions from one board to another is deprecated around here?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Late to the party again...

Excellent win on Saturday. It was nice to see SDSU win a game where Reed was shutout on the evening. Winning at the Mabee Center is not easy. ORU is like a bunch of gnats in that building. The way State responded to every ORU run on Saturday night was awesome! In the second half every time the Rabbits would extend the lead to six or seven points ORU responded with one or two three pointers to keep the game as a one possession game. Then in response SDSU would get a hoop to keep them at bay. Excellent job on the road!

I also thought the broadcast was good. I would describe the color guy as the John Gruden of college basketball. He "loved" everyone!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Gruden Like!. The color guy was very good. I remember watching the Buffalo game and thinking it's difficult to determine whether there were two teams on even in the game. ESPN3 has been great exposure for the Summit and having the men play like they are is really taking advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Any questions as to why dragging discussions from one board to another is deprecated around here?
                Touche!

I had to read back because I thought the ORU posts (like the big men) were dissing Larsen. Turns out it was just some knot head ORU posters on another board.

Then panties got wadded. Then I got wise.

Pretty much how it went.

Comment

An interesting discussion. As far as talent, I think its a continuous improvement. Seems back then we could not get true freshman like Reed and Thiesen to give us a chance. TV on facebook gave a link to the Tulsa paper and their story on Jake Bittle. I understand Jake does not like the cold of the Dakotas but otherwise is pleased with SDSU.

Comment

Larson named Summit Player of the week.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...20150126glqoqo

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

Well deserved!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Even after spewing all of this you still have not answered my question as to how watching ONE game on Saturday gives us any info on the development (or regression) of the two programs since 08-09.

My question of this:

was in response to bigticket1's post that seemed to insinuate that ORU didn't have any talent outside of Omegano. I took that to mean that he thought ORU has taken a HUGE step back. He may not have meant it that way, but I'm not sure the cupboard is exactly bare down there which is why I asked the question above. They are top 200 in RPI and .500 on the year. Not great, but not horrible either.

Your response of:

gives us nothing. What was easy to figure out? That the Jacks are way better than 08-09? That ORU is way worse?

Maybe we need to talk to the ORU posts and see what they say.
                        Whoa , don't drag me into this one. All I said that after Emegano, the rest of the ORU talent isn't anywhere close to those final Dom Morrison teams before they left the Summit . Which I don't think anyone would dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Whoa , don't drag me into this one. All I said that after Emegano, the rest of the ORU talent isn't anywhere close to those final Dom Morrison teams before they left the Summit . Which I don't think anyone would dispute.
                          Didn't drag you into anything. Quoted your post. That's all.

In fact, I actually agreed with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            ORU also has a few more players leave the team each year that may have been steady contributors. The latest player to leave,Drew Wilson, was a junior who played one year at Missouri State and then ORU 2013-14 where he played in 31 games. He was averaging 12.5 minutes through the first 6 games this year. He is 6'7" & 220#. It could be the expectations for behavior/classroom or Coach Sutton has tough standards for the team. SDSU has some players leave the team, but it seems playing time would be the issue for most of those players. I would agree that this ORU team is not as talented as earlier ORU teams. It was still a tough game to win in Tulsa.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

Pretty good, for a pedestrian.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Pretty good, for a pedestrian.
                                HA, no kidding

Comment

Working...
                                X