• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA 6thFan Contest

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. T

http://6thfan.ncaa.com/
    I hope no SDSU fans are using a script and if they are they stop using it..... We have scared NDSU, Ark State, and BYU in our 1st round massive climb to the top. They all accused us of using script (hoping no one actually used one) and now they all have blatantly stated that they are using scripts. There is no reason why we cant win this without cheating.

Comment

Well, I see that since 11 p.m. last night, WIU was able to go from down 51-49, to leading 51-49, a trend they have been on since Arkansas State joined the fray. I realize that automated scripts for voting are prohibited by the rules (I think that means completely automated, no human involvement), but the contest certainly is meant to be one in which fans vote for their favorite team. But there is nothing that prohibits fans voting against other teams, and as the saying goes, there lies the rub. Because in a fair fight, there would be a mechanism (requirement to register for one team, and not allowed to switch voting). Because Bryant can't put up a decent number, we are victims, just as NDSU is a victim of the same circumstances. Regardless, I'll keep voting and see what we can do.

Comment

It is also Highly likely that they cannot in fact in any way tell if the scripts UCF and others are using are being used, more likely they use the above a deterrent

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          It is also Highly likely that they cannot in fact in any way tell if the scripts UCF and others are using are being used, more likely they use the above a deterrent
          Not terribly difficult to look at timestamps and IP addresses of votes, and toss out votes that come in more quickly than X per minute.

Having said that, I've long felt that 'the fix was in' for contests like this . . . like somebody's thumb was on the balance scale, so to speak. Having said THAT . . . I have a feeling that the 'Jackrabbit' mascot has attracted its share of admirers beyond 'Jackrabbit Nation.'

I ain't sayin' nuthin'. I don't know nuthin'. I'm just postin' on an obscure message board here.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I ain't sayin' nuthin'. I don't know nuthin'. I'm just postin' on an obscure message board here.
            True for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              I've seen a lot of WIU people asking famous people for retweets to get it out to a wider audience. Has anyone asked Nate to retweet and ask for some RT? Anyone else famous to assist?
              Who was the guy on ESPN last year that was obsessed with the Jackrabbit logo? Andy Katz maybe?
              Also, wasn't there a writer for SI or ESPN that came to a women's game in the last few years that loved Frost? Graham ??
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Put in my morning half hour of voting before my morning meeting. Still down 51-49.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  I hope no SDSU fans are using a script and if they are they stop using it..... We have scared NDSU, Ark State, and BYU in our 1st round massive climb to the top. They all accused us of using script (hoping no one actually used one) and now they all have blatantly stated that they are using scripts. There is no reason why we cant win this without cheating.
                  Sorry to tell you, but if all of the SDSU fans refuse to use a script, you won't have much of a chance. According to a BYU fan, he found somewhere in the data file for the 6thfan website that shows the percentage of total votes for each school. As of yesterday morning at 11:00am, BYU had 28% of the total votes, NDSU had 22% of the total votes, UCF had 20%. He said the rest of the schools were between 4-7% of the total votes. If he is right, BYU had 4 times as many total votes as you guys as of yesterday morning, and NDSU had about 3 times as many as SDSU.

It is not looking good for the Bison, but we are still going to put up a fight. If we don't make it through this round, I will be putting votes to whoever wins your matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonboone11 View Post
                    Sorry to tell you, but if all of the SDSU fans refuse to use a script, you won't have much of a chance. According to a BYU fan, he found somewhere in the data file for the 6thfan website that shows the percentage of total votes for each school. As of yesterday morning at 11:00am, BYU had 28% of the total votes, NDSU had 22% of the total votes, UCF had 20%. He said the rest of the schools were between 4-7% of the total votes. If he is right, BYU had 4 times as many total votes as you guys as of yesterday morning, and NDSU had about 3 times as many as SDSU.

It is not looking good for the Bison, but we are still going to put up a fight. If we don't make it through this round, I will be putting votes to whoever wins your matchup.
                    Have one to share?

Comment

I think they are talking about entries for the sweepstakes contest.

Comment

TK22867 <-- This guys script is working great. It uses a free Google Chrome add-on and basically does all the mouse clicking for you. The code still needs to be hand entered, so I don't consider this cheating. PM TK22867 for the code.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonboone11 View Post

Bisonboone11: just come over to the dark side and bring your friends too.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                            Bisonboone11: just come over to the dark side and bring your friends too.
                            It sounds like your script works the same way our's does.

Comment

I don't think the NCAA or Turner Broadcast Interactive gives a rats ass about keeping this "fair". It is a promotion to collect contact information, the money is committed already. Why would they care who wins?
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

PM me the script and some directions I will join in on the fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X