BASKETBALL RECRUITING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BASKETBALL RECRUITING

The late signing period dosen't end until May 19th. I too am hopeful that we can sign a big guy. Anyone from 6'9" up would be great. I am still hopeful that we can sign a Jr College kid for help next season. Sounds like we have a good one coming in '05-'06 already.

Comment

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
       Anyone from 6'9" up would be great.
      This is the only line I respectfully disagree with.  

I am sure that you didn't mean it that way, because you are a great fan I know.  We do not have to settle for just anyone at any height.  We can attract quality players just like we have in the past. Something is in the works, I just know.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
        Over on chicagohoops.com, they talk about Steve Holden and say that he will be playing at South Dakota State who will be joining the Mid Continent Conference next year.... Have they heard something we havent ??
        Wow, you leave on a business trip and the board explodes. Very excited about Steve Holden! ;D I wonder where chicagohoops.com heard about the Mid-Con. From Steve, from the Mid-Con, from some other sorce. Or is it just something they mistakenly threw in. ???

Go State! ;D

Comment

Hopefully, if that isnt the truth, SDSU will sign with a league soon. Signing on with a league even if we didnt get to play in it for a few years, would definitely help us recruit wouldnt it?

Not being a league must hurt us on the recruiting front, there must be a lot of players that are really looking to go Division 1. These are the players that USD and Augie would never be able to get. SDSU might still be having a tough time being that they dont have a definite league to play in yet.

Hopefully one of these leagues will ask us to join SOON!!

GO Rabbits!!

Comment

Welcome Rabbit Fan to the board! Don't be a stranger.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

Has anybody really heard about the freshman Michael Loney? I know that he redshirted last season, I had heard through the grapevine that he is a really good player. I think he is more of a post player though, so maybe we dont really need another post player to pick up this spring.

Comment

I don't know much about Loney, When I checked out iowapreps.com when SDSU signed him, I concluded (by his high school stats) he may be the best of the Iowa freshman. I think he's 6'5'' and it sounds like hes a great scorer, also a real competitor on the court.-we can use that. I havent heard anything about him during his redshirt year. He would be to small to play the post in most cases I would think. I'm sure some our Brookings area posters may have some more insight as to how he is coming along.

Comment

Just looking at Loney on the bench he has a slight build and question whether he can be a big force in the middle. I believe there is a reason he was redshirted and the other 3 incoming freshman were not and that was he needed to bulk up. I'm still thinking there will be some late additions from the Juco ranks to bolster our depth at the 5 position.

Comment

Loney is listed at 6-5 220lbs. He's built pretty well. I always assumed Nagy redshirted him due to the make up of the team last season. and for future team needs & development. I may be wrong

Comment

Texas Jack, I think you may be on to something there. I had also heard that Loney was a heck of a player out of high school. Nagy must have had a reason to redshirt Loney, usually that means the kid needs time to adjust to college or time to adjust physically. Looked to me like Loney was a pretty big kid on the sidelines, 6-5 220, sounds like he is pretty well built...maybe he is a Charles Barkley type. Undersized post player who is strong as an ox, and very good around the basket.

Comment

Here is the link to the ChicagoHoops.com story on Steve Holdren:

http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles/humphrey.html

Go State!

Comment

SDSU apparently has landed a great recruit and this Chicagohoops says we are in the Mid Continent Conference. Not so sure about the conference, but its great news to know we got one of the top guys in Illinois. Thanks Coach Nagy. Being Centinnial grad helped us here.

Comment

Updates from insiders are finally up. I have to say this is a pretty ****ty site for info, ie. recruits are only posted after they have been signed, and then only if a fan e-mails them in. Two weeks ago the 2005 jacks player wasn't even listed, and now they show him as a commit to sdsu. Same thing with almost all of the NDSU players. Also, there five star rankings leave a lot to be desired.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=7...mn=RatingValue

Comment

Heard from high places this weekend that Loney (red shirt freshman) can flat out PLAY!! Apparently this kids work ethic is unbelievable, and he like a genius math major. I heard that he was the only guy on the team that could move Cervany out of the lane!! After hearing multiple comments about him (ALL RAVES) he may be the best of the freshman from last season-and we have him for 4 years!!! ;D

Comment

Texas Jack...I think I wrote the same information you just stated about a month ago! I guess I am only a freshman on this board, and my information will be treated as such, right? Good to see that we agree though.

Has anyone heard about a new recruit coming in? I thought I saw the coaching staff with a young man at Applebees this past week. Looks like they are working pretty hard at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X