Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who's Got Next? Life After Wolters: 2013-14 Jackrabbits

Sometimes Nagy likes to have experience come off the bench. If we get the white who played in the summit tourny he starts, or if he is the White who played in the NCAA tourney he might get the 6th man who can spell the other guys with his experience. but it would be based on if one of the younger guys raises his game. Say horstman stays healthy and really sticks to the defensive side, because when i see hortsman on offense, i like what i see, good shooter, athletic, but like Heemstra positioning and moving feet on D seem to be issues, picking up silly fouls. I think it will be 4 seniors and bittle and hopefully a munch deeper rotation. Devine will need minutes unless heemstra can figure out how to stay out of foul trouble, but i like the offense and intensity and passing he brings. I honestly wouldnt be surprised say if donlan if he does well he starts, with heemstra off the bench, let Dysktra who worked really hard on defense and can defend the post rather well, get the start their, and heemstra can get some minutes to watch the game and get in the flow from coming off the bench.

I have no idea what will happen or what it could be but it sure is fun to talk about.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If Carlson (6'4") can run the point and Horstman (6'6") or Donlan (6'6") as a 3 and Chad White (6'6") as a 2. Our back court would have great length and might be able to cause some caos in press and zone situations. They would also be very dangerous from beyond the arch. When Braden ran the point when Nate was on the bench (especially Nates Junior year) Carlson seemed to be more aggressive and seemed to take on a different role. I would like to see that more often next year and I think we can still be

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Sometimes Nagy likes to have experience come off the bench. If we get the white who played in the summit tourny he starts, or if he is the White who played in the NCAA tourney he might get the 6th man who can spell the other guys with his experience. but it would be based on if one of the younger guys raises his game. Say horstman stays healthy and really sticks to the defensive side, because when i see hortsman on offense, i like what i see, good shooter, athletic, but like Heemstra positioning and moving feet on D seem to be issues, picking up silly fouls. I think it will be 4 seniors and bittle and hopefully a munch deeper rotation. Devine will need minutes unless heemstra can figure out how to stay out of foul trouble, but i like the offense and intensity and passing he brings. I honestly wouldnt be surprised say if donlan if he does well he starts, with heemstra off the bench, let Dysktra who worked really hard on defense and can defend the post rather well, get the start their, and heemstra can get some minutes to watch the game and get in the flow from coming off the bench.

I have no idea what will happen or what it could be but it sure is fun to talk about.
        White is a shooter, shooters have off days, if healthy he is going to start

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          White is a shooter, shooters have off days, if healthy he is going to start
          And sometimes a 6th man plays more then some starters. I'm just saying he could be the one who might be that guy. Still play huge minutes but have some experience on the bench when the game starts.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
            So we're pretty set in with the 4 seniors and bittle. I'm high on donlan man, he's a shooter, he's athletic, has midrange game and can finish around the rim good
            I'm high on Donlan, too. If he forces his way into the starting lineup, that will be a good sign. I'm guessing that Devine will see plenty of minutes, though not necessarily as a starter. This team will be deeper than any SDSU team of recent years.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I'm high on Donlan, too. If he forces his way into the starting lineup, that will be a good sign. I'm guessing that Devine will see plenty of minutes, though not necessarily as a starter. This team will be deeper than any SDSU team of recent years.
              Thats the better way to say it. I think without Wolters we lost an excellent playmaker and I'm thinking we need some guys that can make plays. Chad doesn't really make plays unless its a catch and shoot 3 ball, which is good, but he needs someone to facilitate that

Comment

Taevaun Prince out.

Source.

Just in: @CoachNagy says that sophomore scholarship guard Taevaun Prince will transfer out of SDSU in search of more playing time.

Comment

Opens up a scholarship.

Comment

I guess what you hear around the coffee tables does not count. I heard about this about 2 weeks ago, of course at coffee. Best of luck to Taevaun

Comment

Originally posted by Krow View Post
                      Taevaun Prince out.

Source.
                      I'm stunned. How could you see this coming? Player expected by coaches to contribute valuable minutes, player expecting to contribute valuable minutes. For whatever reason player does not meet either his or coaches expectations. Player chooses to find a better situation for himself and for the team.

It happens almost every year to every team and sometimes more than once. I expected this and I think most that follow the program closely did as well.

Good luck and good health for Taevaun.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        If you have 'heard this' or 'heard that' about Prince, feel free to cite your source.
                        I feel like this is a little overly restrictive. Part of the advantage of taking the time to review this forum is information that might not be readily available to the generally disinterested or minimally interested public, casual fan.

My feelings? If it isn't malicious in nature or an outright lie (credibility can be determined fairly easily) I think it should be allowed without having to out a source that might be in a sensitive position.

Just how I would like to see it approached.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I heard about this from a reliable source about six weeks ago. Good luck to Taevaun. It'll be interesting to see if the other half of what many of us have heard comes about. We'll see.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Best of luck, I liked his game, thought he should have seen more time this year. But I understand the business and hope he does well in the future. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Buffalo (closer to his home of Toronto) or New Mexico St., they were his second choice, and have a rich history of Canadian players. Just speculation though.

And for the situation, I think there are certain things that need to be cited. If you want to use vague things like they didn't get along he wasn't happy with his role that is fine. But if you are saying things like they were fighting and no one liked a player and he was a joke and blah blah blah to the point where you are being very negative about a player and then using the famous "in the know" I think you need to cite your source, because though many on here are pretty open about who they are/what they do, many don't and I don't know if you are a manager, player, cheerleader, players roommate or if you actually live in Chicago and you hear voices in your head telling you to type this.

Comment

I'm shocked. Truly flabbergasted. Unbelievable.

No wait, I've known about this for months but wouldn't divulge my source and was subsequently torched by other Board members.

So much for coming to a fan site to get insider information. Might as well stick to reading the Argus.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                I'm shocked. Truly flabbergasted. Unbelievable.

No wait, I've known about this for months but wouldn't divulge my source and was subsequently torched by other Board members.

So much for coming to a fan site to get insider information. Might as well stick to reading the Argus.

Its fine to say I'm hearing Prince will transfer its when you added other things and said because you are in the know. Believe it or not but there have been those who changed their minds when transferring, there have been rumors from those in the know saying X player will transfer and then it didn't happen.

The rule goes back a few years when rumors were left and right that everyone on the team was planning on transferring and for certain reasons and then no one wanted to put a name beside the report. Obviously some things are allowed for on fan sites, but there are reasons for these rules, people need to remember that these are amateur athletes.

Comment

Working...
                                X