Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gdt: Murray state

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Another fyi: We're still going to the big dance, regardless of how disappointing this road trip was.
    This - take care of business in Omaha get the #1 seed - use the extra day of of rest is SF - win the Conference Tourney - go to the NCAAs

Comment

[post deleted]
      Cool it with the racist crap. First and last warning. -filbert.
      Last edited by filbert; 02-23-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Win Summit League Tournament.
        Save season.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Dilusional.

We most definitely can go to the big dance. But it is far from a certainty with NDSU, WIU, and Oakland in the mix.

I guess i'll join Kemo in being dillusional. Positive thinking is so much better

Comment

Yes. I will be in Brookings. I would love to see a rivalry develop. I like Nagy's offense. This late in year, he should have more depth, though. He must not trust his bench?

Comment

Seemed pretty simple to me; we ran out of gas after 50 minutes and they continued to make big plays/shots until the end. That would have been a nice win, but losing is no disaster. Murray is not an easy out on their home floor. Let's get that #1 seed so we get a "virtual bye" (IUPUI) followed by a day of rest in SF.

Comment

Fun game to watch. Canaan vs Wolters (man I wish he didn't fall like that) delivered.

It ended like I was afraid it would.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Seemed pretty simple to me; we ran out of gas after 50 minutes and they continued to make big plays/shots until the end. That would have been a nice win, but losing is no disaster. Murray is not an easy out on their home floor. Let's get that #1 seed so we get a "virtual bye" (IUPUI) followed by a day of rest in SF.
                  Being picky here. Do we play 30 minute halfs? You are right at the 10 minute mark of second half, the wheels fell off and there was not enough time or energy to put them back on.

Comment

Just got home from the game. Props to the 4 kids from SDSU running around with the Wolters big head cutouts and sitting in the upper deck behind our student section. The Murray students were very rowdy tonight and got the old farts in the good seats to cheer and it was a pretty good atmosphere (not sure how loud it came across on TV). About 7200 there--not a sellout like we had last year vs St. Mary's.

It looked like playing only 6 guys a few nights after losing in double OT in California killed you guys, along with Nate not being 100%. Isaiah's had a bad foot and EdFro a bad back, so Murray's not been 100% either.

Maybe cowboyracer will run around with a Steve Prohm big head when we play the return game in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Dilusional.

We most definitely can go to the big dance. But it is far from a certainty with NDSU, WIU, and Oakland in the mix.
                      I'll be expecting an apology on March 12 at roughly 9pm. (just kidding of course, but I do still have confidence in this team in the right situation. I think the right situation is in March in front of a favorable crowd)
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

This a game where a dozen quality Biddle minutres might have helped a lot,no?

Comment

A 2 OT game that didn't need to happen with guys playing to many minutes. Nate getting hurt was not himself way to many turn overs o his part. Guys started great but worst second half I have ever seen.

Nagys failure to use time outs just drives me bonkers. That and his distrust of his bench. Not sure why horstman and heemstra who have proved atleast imo to earn more minutes he still fails to use or develop a bench.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sorry I compared Canaan to Louie Krogman. Second half showed him to be a complete player, especially after he sat down for a bit. Still think Wolters could have stood a break. Maybe they could have worked on his back. That many minutes in pain isn't a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyracer43 View Post
                              Yes. I will be in Brookings. I would love to see a rivalry develop. I like Nagy's offense. This late in year, he should have more depth, though. He must not trust his bench?
                              Marcus Heemstra - back up forward plays quite a bit

Jake Bittle - back up point guard - out broken hand - hoping for return next week

Taevaunn Prince - back up guard - missed a couple of games with a toe problem and hasn't been the same since the injury

Zach Horstman - back up guard/forward missed considerable time at the beginning of the season with back issues is only now starting to contribute (probably should have played more tonight)

Cory Jacobson - Walk on

Joey Feilmeier - Walk on

Everyone else on the roster is red shirting this season.

Comment

It's fortunate the Jacks only have to play one game in the next 14 days. I want the #1 seed as much as anyone,but knowing that #2 is guaranteed is a big deal.. Getting Sunday off and not having to play 3 in 3 days is very beneficial. And trying to predict and matchup with who will be easier to play in Sioux Falls is anybody's guess. The top 4 teams all have strong and weak points,and last year's tourney showed that its all about how teams are playing that week,not how they are seeded. If the Jacks are playing at the top of their game that week,things will be fine. If they're not,any number of teams could send us home unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                                X