• Show
Clear All

• Re: Gdt: Murray state

Nate having back spasms. Yikes.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Naggy needs to be called out on his lack of vision. As good as Nate is he needed to be pulled! It was obvious. Failure on Scott's part. Nate is more valuable come march. This game isn't as important as winning in SF. Figure it out. End Rant.
      I'm not upset about Nagy's decision to keep playing Wolters because of what the injury was. Strained back muscles aren't going to be better or worse based on playing an extra 20 minutes, and it's going to need some time to heal up regardless.

The good thing is we have some time for him to heal up. There is no doubt he will have every trainers attention for the next couple weeks and I think he'll be fine come tournament time.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

39 minutes from three players, including one with a potential back injury. Gotta go deeper.

Comment

Nagy: "Looks back and thinks he probably should have called a timeout during Murray's run. Told the players that they all played their tails off. Mistakes were his and should have used timeouts. Thinks it would have impacted the game and held off some of their runs .... trusts the players because they are experienced. Said Nate stiffened up and couldn't move in the second half. Landed right on his hip, having back spasms... obviously impacts the team. Thought other guys played well. Just too short of bench right now. Should have used a timeout. Falls squarely on him. He's got to do a better job. Pleased with first half, not intimidated. Gave up too many offensive rebounds ... kept Murray in the game in first half. Says the team got tired ... that's his fault. Pleased with the effort. Interesting to see how they respond. Tough atmosphere to play in ... says atmospheres don't face them ... doesn't believe it affects the Jacks ... Need to get back, get healthy, and practice well. Practice like they're coming off two losses. Loves his players ..."

Comment

Murray State has a good team and they played a good game tonight. We've had some real stinky losses this season -- this wasn't a stinky loss.

Comment

Cannan was nearly impossible to stop on his lay ups and from the 3 although he threw a few bricks towards the end, but maybe we had his hands in is face.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                Not me - I'd waaaayy madder than I was about CSUB. At CSUB we played as well as we could in the situation - this was a stinker. Nate was injured and clearly needed to be replaced and nobody else stepped up. It was even worse because we showed how well we could rebound, shoot, defend, move without the ball, in the first half. In the second half the rest of them played worse than an injured Nate. Only playing 5 players for 19.20 minutes when the opposition is on a 17-3 run? Please, that's just crazy..... I need to go find a river and practice my bridge building skills.....
                That is crazy.

Go get a win next Thursday and get rested up for Sioux Falls. Its going to be a rough path to the NCAA this year.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I stand corrected. Coach Nagy just said he messed up by not calling more time outs.
                  Does not do any good to say I should have used time outs! USE them - my goodness.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Murray State has a good team and they played a good game tonight. We've had some real stinky losses this season -- this wasn't a stinky loss.
                    Very good team and I think we measure up with them fairly well. Winnable game but they took over in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Nate having back spasms. Yikes.
                      And still he played better than anybody we had available on the bench, IMHO. Who's going in for him? Prince? Jacobsen? Like either one of those guys are going to be able to guard Caanan as well as Nate did, bad back and all? Nobody else on the floor for SDSU could stay with Caanan when he got going. Nate still could (more or less), even with the back spasms.

Ordinarily, I think Nagy would have put Bittle in to spell Nate, but he wasn't available.

Murray State's a good team. On a neutral floor, all things being equal, I suspect SDSU is a better team. But all things weren't equal tonight, and it wasn't a neutral court. Not embarrassing to lose to MSU at their place especially with a dinged-up Wolters. Mortifyingly embarrassing to lose to an inferior CSUB team anywhere, any time.

On to Omaha and a chance to win the conference.

(I will add that Horstman and Heemstra should probably have gotten a few more minutes, and Nagy could and probably should have tried to sneak Prince in for a minute or so in each half. Not sure that would have made a difference except for scoring margin tonight. Who can say?)
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        Does not do any good to say I should have used time outs! USE them - my goodness.

GBGBGJ
                        I wonder what Coach Nagy's reaction would be to a player saying the following:

"I should have boxed out"

Should have is not acceptable. I trust he will get better in this area, especially if he continues to use a 5.5 man rotation.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Just an fyi: Nate couldn't have taken a break without sitting the rest of the game. Once he sat his back would have tightened up and he would have been done.

Another fyi: We're still going to the big dance, regardless of how disappointing this road trip was.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

No gloat. That was the best bracketbuster game I have ever seen. Sad to see Wolters bunged up. Did you hear the boos when the foul was called on EdFro. He was leading nation in charges taken and I tho't it was offensive. My opinion does not matter. Wolters is an awesome player. Faster than I thought. Not explosive -- fast, but get there -- fast. No wasted motion at all. He needs to get with EdFro, or EdFro's trainer His back has been a problem all season. I was glad to see Chad White play so well. My little girl watched him in HS in Madison. Her opinion of he and Fiegen is positive. Since Murray won the game, should Murray be called the "Rabbit Chokers?" My other l'il girl has been to Brookings several times, recruiting engineering types for Peter Kiewit, Inc. Good Luck in NC2A. The game turned sour for you guys, but I saw a year's worth of motion offense tonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Just an fyi: Nate couldn't have taken a break without sitting the rest of the game. Once he sat his back would have tightened up and he would have been done.

Another fyi: We're still going to the big dance, regardless of how disappointing this road trip was.
                              Dilusional.

We most definitely can go to the big dance. But it is far from a certainty with NDSU, WIU, and Oakland in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyracer43 View Post
                                No gloat. That was the best bracketbuster game I have ever seen. Sad to see Wolters bunged up. Did you hear the boos when the foul was called on EdFro. He was leading nation in charges taken and I tho't it was offensive. My opinion does not matter. Wolters is an awesome player. Faster than I thought. Not explosive -- fast, but get there -- fast. No wasted motion at all. He needs to get with EdFro, or EdFro's trainer His back has been a problem all season. I was glad to see Chad White play so well. My little girl watched him in HS in Madison. Her opinion of he and Fiegen is positive. Since Murray won the game, should Murray be called the "Rabbit Chokers?" My other l'il girl has been to Brookings several times, recruiting engineering types for Peter Kiewit, Inc. Good Luck in NC2A. The game turned sour for you guys, but I saw a year's worth of motion offense tonite.
                                Replay looked to me like he undercut Wolters, but only just.

Tough game. Good game.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rabbits-Racers become a regular thing.

Good luck the remainder of the year.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X