Gdt: Murray state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gdt: Murray state

I think Nagy also needs some blame for not using timeouts to slow down Murray's momentum.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I believe starters played 214 of 250 minutes against CSUB & didn't follow this game real close, but don't remember any starters sitting the second half. This plus Wolters being a half step slow from his injury made for a tough second half.
      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        I think Nagy also needs some blame for not using timeouts to slow down Murray's momentum.
        Yep. 6-9 on the road this year...
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Couldn't buy a bucket and they couldn't miss from any shot put up beyond the arc. Just one of those games. Scheduling didn't help either as you could tell we were gassed at the end. Get the game in Omaha after some rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Just ran out of gas.

Tough road trip. Murray State is a good team and you have to play for 40 minutes if you want to beat them. Hopefully Nate is okay. Hats off to Issiah Canaan, as he really is a big time player.

Need to get back home and refocus. It's amazing how we can go from a great team to a below average team in the same game. I've thought most of the year that our good is better than anyone else's good in the Summit, but we need to be bringing our good/great for the Omaha game and the Summit League Tourney.

Lots of meaningful basketball still left to play.
            Let's give Murray State just a smidgen of credit here, too. They really cranked up their half-court defense and got a bunch of easy baskets, at the same time SDSU couldn't make a 3. That was ballgame right there.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Chad White on radio: "Murray came out with a lot of intensity in the second half. Jacks ran out of gas. Murray's really good at home .... Blames himself, Carlson, and Dykstra for not getting open for Nate .... Said Nagy said after that they need a good couple practices ... have to play well at Omaha ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                20 to 5 run and we finally call a momentum time out. All of a sudden out outside shots are not going in. Tough road trip. Hang in there Jacks and win this at the end.

GBGBGJ

Right! I know Scott doesn't like to call TO, but they don't do you any good when the game gets out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  I don't know. I'm not sure that would have made any difference. Guys were missing shots because their legs were dead. Unless the timeout was 12 hours long, I don't think we were going to stop them.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Let's give Murray State just a smidgen of credit here, too. They really cranked up their half-court defense and got a bunch of easy baskets, at the same time SDSU couldn't make a 3. That was ballgame right there.
                    Absolutely, fun game to watch. MSU is good.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I could not agree more.

Comment

Canaan is a great shooter. I couldn't help but notice, though, that before Nate got hurt, Canaan couldn't stay in front of him.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                          Nagy calls timeout. 4:17 left. 10 point game.
                          Nagy needed to use a timeout or two earlier during that run when it was obvious the team was running on fumes. You don't get bonus points at the end of the game for not using 3 or 4 of your time-outs.

Comment

Nagy's short bench bites him again. Bittle would have helped a bit, I think. Anybody know how he's coming along?

Nagy's conceded. Jacobsen and Prince are in.

Gotta be strategic with a tired team, use the time outs.

Comment

I stand corrected. Coach Nagy just said he messed up by not calling more time outs.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just disappointed tonight. Not the incoherent rage I felt after the CSUB game. An improvement, of sorts.
                                Not me - I'd waaaayy madder than I was about CSUB. At CSUB we played as well as we could in the situation - this was a stinker. Nate was injured and clearly needed to be replaced and nobody else stepped up. It was even worse because we showed how well we could rebound, shoot, defend, move without the ball, in the first half. In the second half the rest of them played worse than an injured Nate. Only playing 5 players for 19.20 minutes when the opposition is on a 17-3 run? Please, that's just crazy..... I need to go find a river and practice my bridge building skills.....
                                Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Working...
                                X