Comment

• Re: Gdt: Murray state

Originally posted by witness View Post
      I take it Louie Krogman hates State and Wolters. Peep his tweets
      Who cares what Louie thinks?

Comment

Depth.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
          Who cares what Louie thinks?
          Couldn't help but laugh when I saw this.....can't tell if he is bitter or just jealous (as retweeted by Fakenatewolters)...... https://twitter.com/FakeHunterJamo/s...20051740618752

Comment

With that said......the second half was rough. I loved the way Carlson played, his dunk caught me completely off guard. If Tony would of made a few of his bunny shots we would of had a 20 point lead rather than a 14 point lead and who knows what would of happened then. White shot good aswell as Dkystra. Our offense was really fun to watch during streches of the game but brutal at the end.......I think our guys got too excited/panicky down the strech and started throwing up junk (it all started after white made that little hook/post up shot somehow). I fell like we have done that a few other times this year during differing parts of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
              Couldn't help but laugh when I saw this.....can't tell if he is bitter or just jealous (as retweeted by Fakenatewolters)...... https://twitter.com/FakeHunterJamo/s...20051740618752
              Wonder if I pissed him off when I mentioned his name. Anyway I'll be happy if USD wins tomorrow because they represent the Summit. Sorry LK's so bitter.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                LOL. Lenny Cooke thought he was better than LeBron James at one time too.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Louie the Tweeter might be feeling inadequate because USD is turning out to be a better team without him than with him, and (unlike Nate) his basketball days apparently are over.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

**OUR BENCH NEEDS TO PLAY**

-Nate the great Wolters is the only guy that cannot leave the floor for this team and has proven the ability to play a consistent 40 minutes every night.

-I like our 4 other starters a lot. Dykstra, White, Carlson, Fiegen are good players, some nights really good. I think they could be even better players if they played 32-36 minutes a night. They wear down. We ask Carlson to chase the likes of Caanon and Bader for 40 minutes?!? I dont care who you are or how good of shape you are in, that is not realistic to expect that. Carlson looked like he was standing still against Caanon late in the 2nd half and had no legs left on his shot. We ask Dykstra and Fiegen to push guys that are bigger, stronger, taller, and more athletic most every night for 38-40 minutes?!? Of course you are going to have some letdowns on the offensive glass. As long as we keep playing only 5.5 guys during big games we will not reach our full potential. We have seen 2nd half letdowns with worn down guys in big games too often.

- Heemstra and Horstman have proven more than capable subs. When these guys see minutes they produce and provide some energy. You always here people saying you need to step up when you get an opportunity. THEY HAVE!

Almost no other team in college basketball plays all their starters the kind of minutes we do. Im guessing there is a reason for that.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                      **OUR BENCH NEEDS TO PLAY**

-Nate the great Wolters is the only guy that cannot leave the floor for this team and has proven the ability to play a consistent 40 minutes every night.

-I like our 4 other starters a lot. Dykstra, White, Carlson, Fiegen are good players, some nights really good. I think they could be even better players if they played 32-36 minutes a night. They wear down. We ask Carlson to chase the likes of Caanon and Bader for 40 minutes?!? I dont care who you are or how good of shape you are in, that is not realistic to expect that. Carlson looked like he was standing still against Caanon late in the 2nd half and had no legs left on his shot. We ask Dykstra and Fiegen to push guys that are bigger, stronger, taller, and more athletic most every night for 38-40 minutes?!? Of course you are going to have some letdowns on the offensive glass. As long as we keep playing only 5.5 guys during big games we will not reach our full potential. We have seen 2nd half letdowns with worn down guys in big games too often.

- Heemstra and Horstman have proven more than capable subs. When these guys see minutes they produce and provide some energy. You always here people saying you need to step up when you get an opportunity. THEY HAVE!

Almost no other team in college basketball plays all their starters the kind of minutes we do. Im guessing there is a reason for that.
                      Y

Yes indeed!

Comment

A couple of late comments (as usual) after reading through this thread. Nate's horrific fall (especially the landing) led to our problems in the second half IMO. He guarded Canaan the whole first half and had him under control. In the second half, because of his back spasms, Carlson moved over on Canaan and in the last 10 minutes, he just couldn't stop his drives to the basket. On our offensive side, history this year has shown that when our other players stop hitting their shots overall, Nate has taken over the game. It wasn't that he was just a half step slow...he couldn't move laterally well...and he certainly couldn't drive the lane, which took away most of his effectiveness. As to his staying in the game, I believe it was Nate's choice, hoping he could help the team win, and also knowing that if he sat on the bench, he wouldn't have played again. Anybody that watches a replay of the game and just concentrates on Nate during that last half, knows how he was doing everything he could, despite the pain he was in. This was not an ugly loss IMO (certainly not like CSUB). This was a good team, playing at home in front of 7200 (like when we fill Frost and chase teams out), who got rocked by our fast start, but being at home were able to hang in and close the deal. Our travel (SD - California - Kentucky) didn't help, but wasn't the deciding factor. Chad, Brayden and Jordan shot very well to start, and couldn't hit a thing in the closing minutes. **** happens. This week is different than last...two games which really didn't fit into the proper part of our schedule then...a very important conference game now. Hope Nate is improving...will be glad to hear an update tonight at the coaches' show. GO JACKS.

Comment

SDSU BracketBuster TV Rating
                          http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/p...ster-tv-rating
                          - Find out how many people watched the SDSU at Murray State BracketBuster game
                          Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                          Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Working...
                          X