Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: @ UNO

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    It appears that Ralston is the new venue.
    http://www.ralstonarena.com/arena-in...vent-scrapbook
    http://www.omaha.com/article/2012101...10159998/1001#

Comment

The basketball team may still have problems getting the key for that building. Hockey is king in Omaha. The Mavs do not appear to have problems going forward. I am guessing that the new building passed in October??
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

They get like 1000 people at a game why don't they play at the sapp field house thing they use to play on campus.....besides its a horrible place to watch a basketball game.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The UNO women have a home game tonight.
          Originally posted by goon View Post
          They get like 1000 people at a game why don't they play at the sapp field house thing they use to play on campus.....besides its a horrible place to watch a basketball game.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Very nice facility. But I am surprised the school, city, private or whomever built it for a capacity of 3500. Wether Omaha stays there or not a seating capacity of 3500 really limits you to what you can host. However, it is a georgeous facility.

It will even be nicer after a Jackrabbit victory.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I remember going to Sapp once in our NCC days, the place made the BSA look like a palace.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                I remember going to Sapp once in our NCC days, the place made the BSA look like a palace.
                I went when SDSU played USD must have been a confrence tourney or something their. So it was one of our last D-2 games down there probably and it was bad anyway to slice it. However the building it self i though was kind of cool as a gym, but not a college basketball facility by any means.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Any recent news on when Biddle gets back? Could have used him tonight with Wolters ailing.

Comment

Jake BITTLE is with the team in Omaha - no idea yet if he will play but travelling with the team is certainly a step in the right direction.
                    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Game is on Midco Sports. Nice to see Wolters last regular season home game with Conference regular season title implications on the line able to be viewed by more people than just a computer screen
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I thought I had heard/read he wasn't going to play against OMA and was hoping to be ready for the league tournament. I can't remember where I seen it though.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          I thought I had heard/read he wasn't going to play against OMA and was hoping to be ready for the league tournament. I can't remember where I seen it though.
                          I remember seeing that about Bittle also, but I think it was here. I'm not sure of the original source. We sure could use him tonight.

I wonder if the Argus has any plans to sub in a temporary beat writer for TV. I do miss his excellent coverage of all things SDSU. Hopefully all will be well with his daughter soon.

Comment

Marcus Traxler, a student journo with the SDSU Collegian has been subbing for TV at home games but I see from his tweets that he is headed to the Golden State today for spring break. The Jacks media squad at @SDSU_Jacks provides pretty good coverage if you cant watch or listen to the game.
                            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Any word on whether this game will be on FCS? Wasn't listed on DirectTV as of this morning. My hopes are not real high.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                I remember seeing that about Bittle also, but I think it was here. I'm not sure of the original source. We sure could use him tonight.

I wonder if the Argus has any plans to sub in a temporary beat writer for TV. I do miss his excellent coverage of all things SDSU. Hopefully all will be well with his daughter soon.
                                What IS latest on that?

Comment

Working...
                                X