Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: @ UNO

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    In case this has not been made clear earlier, let me shed a little light on UNO's use of the Ralston Arena. The arena was built to accommodate arena football and hockey, and not basketball. But from what I understand, the city wanted to get more recognition for the arena, and made a deal with UNO (4 years) to play there men's basketball games there at no cost. Earlier in this thread, it is explained that UNO is planning to built its own arena, which will be on the southside of the UNO campus. The Ralston arena is about four miles from the UNO campus, and would definitely not fit the UNO hopes for its basketball program, but is basically a "stop gap" arrangement. Although UNO officials seem to feel they will get the money to build their own facility, I have no current information on where they are at on that proposal.
    Thank you for clarifying. I was under the mistaken impression that the arena in Ralston would be a permanent home for UNO. Admittedly, I was confused given the distance from campus, as to why they would choose to be there. I now better understand the circumstances. Thanks again.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
    X