Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote every day for Nate

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
    Then what good did it do all of us to vote??????
    More than 60% of the votes were for Nate and Aaron Craft - neither made the top 5. I think the top vote getter out of the 5 finalists was probably Dellavedova. I agree - why bother doing this if you are not going to listed to the fans??
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

I voiced my displeasure on the Facebook page that was linked.

Comment

The fan vote only made up like 1/30 (or something) of the vote. It was stated pretty clearly, I thought.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Apparently the final committee may have up to 30 members from the areas noted below. So one vote won't be a big factor...
          2nd page of this thread.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Dellavedova who DID make the cut was fantastic for St Marys today - the Gaels lost to Gonzaga and Dellavedova had a massive 2 points going 1-8 from the floor. Inspiring stuff for a Cousy finalist
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
              Dellavedova who DID make the cut was fantastic for St Marys today - the Gaels lost to Gonzaga and Dellavedova had a massive 2 points going 1-8 from the floor. Inspiring stuff for a Cousy finalist
              I've never really understood the love for Dellevedova, He averages 15 ppg and 6.4 assist and 3 rebounds. Which are good numbers, but you take Gonzaga out of the WCC and the conference compares easily to the Summit League.

I thought Wolters deserved to be a finalist, the numbers he has put up with or without a fan vote should make you a finalist.

Comment

I guess they are trying to show us the importance of one man, one vote principal. You can't stuff the ballot box. Lets hope the NBA draft turns out better for Nate than the Bob Cousey award. That one really counts and is a well thought out decision.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 03-13-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  I guess they are trying to show us the importance of one man, one vote principal. You can't stuff the ballot box. Lets hope the NBA draft turns out better for Nate than the Bob Cousey award. That one that really counts and is a well thought out decision.
                  They'll also get to put their $$ where their mouth is. Hope he meets/exceeds expectations on draft position. Of course, the whole team can help him out with a couple (or more) wins in the Big Dance.

Comment

I join the disappointment and agree with the observation that the voting is a sham if they are not going to even consider it for making the final five. And the 1/30th was for the final 5 voting. There was another, smaller "select committee" that was narrowing down the list from 12 to 5. I do appreciate everybody taking the time to vote for Nate. At least he knows that Jackrabbit Nation knows he is the top point guard in the country! I had really hoped it would help get him into the final five, but was pretty sure he would never get picked by the "big" committee of NBA players, National Media guys, etc.

Comment

I guess why doesnt the committee just announce the final 5 and then let fans vote and not waste our time. atleast the fans vote would actually be for one of the finalilsts. essentially they made the fan vote worthless.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                        Then what good did it do all of us to vote??????
                        I don't imagine a lot of you have time to do this, but here is what I am pursuing over this hoax vote by the Basketball Hall of Fame. I have posted a message on their Facebook page; I am writing a letter addressed to the Bob Cousy Award screening committee (1000 Hall of Fame Avenue, Springfield, MA 01105) and I plan to make a call to them (847-446-6752) asking them to explain to me why they include a fan vote...indicate the leading candidate in that vote will get one vote on the committee, and then not include the leading candidate on the final five, wasting everybody's time in the process. It is a sham and a hoax, and I think it would be helpful (particularly from people away from Brookings or South Dakota) who raise heck with them. If nothing else, go to their Facebook page and let them know what you think (​www.facebook.com/BBHOF)

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          The fan vote only made up like 1/30 (or something) of the vote. It was stated pretty clearly, I thought.
                          I do not recall the weight given to the fan vote but it was minimal. My recollection is the player receiving the greatest number of fan vote received 1 point in the overall decision-making process. No other player received any credit for fan votes -- that tells you it was a miniscule part of the selection process. Think about it: if fans had a greater role in the decision, some fans would get organized and vote a lot. (Like, us?)

From the Cousy award website (note nothing is said about the fan vote):

The selection criteria emphasize leadership, team work, success, and fundamentals as being critical parts for the game of basketball as a point guard. Nominations are solicited from across the country from head coaches and the winner is selected by a Blue Ribbon Selection Committee made up of the biggest names in college basketball.

Oh well, after this basketball season is concluded, we'll go back to thinking about CAN Koozies at football tailgating, not Bob Cousy.

Comment

I could see having a fan vote count for a single vote if this was the finals, but it wasn't. What is the purpose of having a fan vote to get to the finals? That is what I have a problem with. They could have at least shown the fan vote counted towards something by putting the winners into the finals. Realistically, I don't think putting the fan vote in the final would have mattered much. It will typically come down to two or three guys the "Blue Ribbon Selection Committee" are going to vote for anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              Nate is not a finalist for the Cousy Award. List of finalists:

Trey Burke
                              Michael Carter-Williams
                              Matthew Dellavedova
                              Shane Larkin
                              Marcus Smart

If I was starting a team FOR THIS YEAR, there is only one of those guys, maybe two, I would take over Nate and it would be close. That Shane Larkin is a finalist but Nate isn't? I simply have no words. Michael Carter-Williams is a turnover machine. His shooting stats are abysmal - 39% from the floor, 27% from three. Big name school recognition rears its ugly head once again.
                              Unlike Nate, Dellavedova and Carter-Williams aren't even Wooden Award finalists. So he's good enough to make the cut for the best player in America, but not the best point guard in America?

Comment

The Cousy Award is dead to me.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X