Western Illinois @ Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

If we win tonight, suddenly the game against NDSU will become the biggest game of the year. Then the game at Oakland might become the biggest game of the year, then when Western comes to Frost, that'll be the biggest game of the year. In the end, all the games are big when it comes to winning the conference or getting a 1 or 2 seed for the Summit Tourney. One isnt bigger than the other. But the New Mexico win is the win i will remember next fall when thinking back on the past season. And the win we get on March 12th.

Comment

I hope that if they get the crowd they are expecting tonight and win, that they all show up Saturday against the Bison because that game will be a lot bigger than the one tonight. This is just a revenge game for them and beating us tonight means nothing except makes them feel good. They better bring a crowd to Sioux Falls if they want to feel real good

Comment

http://www.wgem.com/story/20609121/2...itical-stretch

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          the New Mexico win is the win i will remember next fall when thinking back on the past season. And the win we get on March 12th.
          Very true. Whatever happens tonight, I can virtually guarantee that none of us will remember it two years from now. On the other hand, getting a win against a top-20 team won't be soon forgotten. That's probably something that won't happen again for a long time. That, plus the extra media coverage of the upset win, makes me think the NM game was definitely bigger than a win tonight would be.

Fighting for a high seed is important and it is fun for fans but we all know the success of this season will ultimately be judged by what happens in Sioux Falls. That's part of the deal with the high expectations we brought into this season. On a related note, how many casual fans would even remember that SDSU was not the #1 seed last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Fighting for a high seed is important and it is fun for fans but we all know the success of this season will ultimately be judged by what happens in Sioux Falls. That's part of the deal with the high expectations we brought into this season. On a related note, how many casual fans would even remember that SDSU was not the #1 seed last year?
            How many casual fans would remember the seed in general? Although it is a good thing to draw more of that fan base. It is a fact for me to know that the Jacks are able to compete with Baylor last year or New Mexico this year and that I would plan on a win at Macomb today with the same players.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Very true. Whatever happens tonight, I can virtually guarantee that none of us will remember it two years from now. On the other hand, getting a win against a top-20 team won't be soon forgotten. That's probably something that won't happen again for a long time. That, plus the extra media coverage of the upset win, makes me think the NM game was definitely bigger than a win tonight would be.

I remember we werent the number one seed. But i dont remember who we played the first 2 games. And i was there.

Comment

I think it was IPFW, SUU, and WIU. 2 out of 3 for sure.
                Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                I remember we werent the number one seed. But i dont remember who we played the first 2 games. And i was there.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I looked it up and IPFW was incorrect it was iupui. 2-7 games slip by.

Comment

Re: Western Illinoist

Any report on crowd size?

Comment

Re: Western Illinoist

Another crappy start.

Comment

Another slow start and another hole to dig out of. This time it is on the road against an outstanding defense and a revenge-hungry opponent.

Comment

Score update?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This mirror scheduling blows!
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

12-9 wiu
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks down 12-9 under 12 timeout.

Comment

Working...
                                X