Western Illinois @ Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois @ Macomb

It may a bit early, but this has the Leathernecks focused on the Dakotas.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Western Illinois

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Gonna be in Cancun enjoying a little R&R. Planning to use WiFi to keep my eye on the score. Huge game for WIU. They barely got by a USD team that wanted to prove they belong. It will likely be the toughest road challenge for the Jackrabbits the remainder of the year.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Cool concept for a video. I was hyped until I saw all of the clips with a 1/4 filled gym :/

This will be the game that shows what this team is made of.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Cool concept for a video. I was hyped until I saw all of the clips with a 1/4 filled gym :/

This will be the game that shows what this team is made of.
        WIU is promoting this game as a food fight game. Adults get in for 4 cans and students get in for 2 cans. Regular price is $10 for reserved and $8 for general. Students $3. It is not that they charge too much. Also, it is the whiteout game and the bison is the purple out game. The leathernecks are trying to get some local recognition and break out of the 1500-1800 attendance mark for highs. It looks dark and small on the clips and maybe noisy. Jacks need early lead and keep it.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Jacks stay at #19 in mid major college insider, WIU is #18. bison #10.
          ORU has 7 votes.

Comment

Fun fact, that video actually shows each basket WIU has made so far this season on their way to averaging 62 points per game...

In all seriousness, this will be a tough, tough game. They did a great job on Nate last year, other players are going to have to step up for an SDSU win.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Here is what their fans are saying

http://www.leathernecknation.com/Forum17-1.aspx

Comment

Jim Molinari interview on WGN

http://soundcloud.com/scott-lawson-6...terview-wgn-am

Comment

It's cool to see WIU fans getting into it this year. Our league needs more of that.

Comment

WIU's less than stellar schedule has been discussed here. I took a closer look at it just now and it is even worse than I thought.

- They have only beat ONE team that has a winning record (U Illinois Chicago is 10-7).
                    - The combined record of the teams they have beat is 73-136 (35% winning pct.).
                    - In games that match up with ours, they beat IPFW by 12, Oakland by 10, KC (road) by 5, and USD (road) by 2.

Those numbers make WIU hard to truly figure out at this point, but there is no doubt that winning in their newly-packed gym will be difficult.

Comment

I don't think Western is very hard to figure out. It's a team that's hungry - two points away from the tournament last year. A little bit limited on offense, but they're going to play in your face defense. It's what they do.

This is going to be a great test for the Rabbits. I'm looking forward to it. Go Rabbits!

Comment

Here is another interview - lots of love for WIU in Illinois radio

http://soundcloud.com/scott-lawson-6...interview-espn

Comment

All this pub will help WIU with recruiting down the road. Might help us a little too in IL.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205980270

Comment

I find it somewhat amusing that people discount WIU for winning 11 straight against sub-par competition. Winning 11 in a row isn't easy, no matter who you play at the DI level.

IMO, WIU is a talented team that is well coached. Sounds dangerous to me.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X