Western Illinois @ Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

Yes, there is an audio and video stream for this game. The audio stream (starting with a 6:30 pregame show) is from the Leatherneck Sports Network. The video broadcast begins at 6:50.

Comment

Originally posted by beauspencer View Post
      Yes, there is an audio and video stream for this game. The audio stream (starting with a 6:30 pregame show) is from the Leatherneck Sports Network. The video broadcast begins at 6:50.
      It is good to know that someone can keep the fans at the women's game updated on the men playing the Leathernecks.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Thanks, OldHare, for the links to the articles in the Western Courier. The comment by Molinari about parity in the league was kinda funny when the reporter spelled the word 'parody'.

Comment

Is there any substance to the fact that Mediacomm Channel 22 is covering the game, or is that a replay from the Leatheneck Sports network?

Comment

Gojacks.com now clearly shows that video will be available for both of tonight's games.

Parks has been officially upgraded to "probable", so expect to see him clogging up the middle. Our jump shots are going to have to fall at a pretty good rate because getting points from the paint (including Nate's floaters) will probably be a struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Gojacks.com now clearly shows that video will be available for both of tonight's games.

Parks has been officially upgraded to "probable", so expect to see him clogging up the middle. Our jump shots are going to have to fall at a pretty good rate because getting points from the paint (including Nate's floaters) will probably be a struggle.
              It will be a good for the Jacks to play their own game of tough defense and up tempo offense. If Nate is able to engineer the game, the points will follow for the offense. This is the game where Nate will surface as to why he may be the best player in the Summit.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                It will be a good for the Jacks to play their own game of tough defense and up tempo offense. If Nate is able to engineer the game, the points will follow for the offense. This is the game where Nate will surface as to why he may be the best player in the Summit.
                The key to winning will be which team is able to control the pace of the game. If the score is in the 50's or 60's,WIU has a great chnce to win. If the Jacks can score 70 or more , they are likely to come away with the W.

Comment

As far as importance for the season, a win tonight would be bigger than the New Mexico win, agreed?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    As far as importance for the season, a win tonight would be bigger than the New Mexico win, agreed?
                    It is a very important step to competing for top 2 seeds in conference which enables!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post

The only win that will be bigger than the New Mexico win, will be if we win on March 12th. But thats just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        The only win that will be bigger than the New Mexico win, will be if we win on March 12th. But thats just my opinion.
                        This. We can win the conference tourney from any seed. It would be great to be a 1 or 2, but to me there are only 4 teams that really have a chance to win it. Win three and we are in. The New Mexico win was bigger then any conference game in the regular season.

Comment

This is why college hoops has such a lull until the conference tournaments. All the regular season means is qualification. Yes I understand that potential seeding in the NCAA & conference tournament(s) is on the line. This game should have much more meaning. It would be nice to see the Rabbits win tonight and take a run at a top 2 seed or even a conference championship, but it all comes down to three games in Sioux Falls. Which don't get me wrong is very exciting each March.

I know it would cost the conference money and it will never happen. I believe a one bid conference like The Summit should give the #1 & #2 seeds a bye into the semifinals. Top level regualar season play should be rewarded.

With that being said I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight and GO RABBITS!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                            This is why college hoops has such a lull until the conference tournaments. All the regular season means is qualification. Yes I understand that potential seeding in the NCAA & conference tournament(s) is on the line. This game should have much more meaning. It would be nice to see the Rabbits win tonight and take a run at a top 2 seed or even a conference championship, but it all comes down to three games in Sioux Falls. Which don't get me wrong is very exciting each March.I know it would cost the conference money and it will never happen. I believe a one bid conference like The Summit should give the #1 & #2 seeds a bye into the semifinals. Top level regualar season play should be rewarded.With that being said I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight and GO RABBITS!
                            The biggest problem with a conference like the Summit is that it's dang near impossible to get higher than a 13 right now, so the conference play is a lot less important than say a Horizon or A-10 as they can get a lot higher seed as AQ and the conference can get multiple bids.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The win at New Mexico is a great win for the program. It could be compared to the bucket list for the team. However, if you had a choice of being a .500 team and getting landmark victories or had the ability to have top seeds in conference which enable your team to give a better rested effort to win the tourney on a regular basis-I would guess having an annual advantage in the tournament will have as a great meaning for a successful season. The win at New Mexico is mile post for the program in a big(bucket) way. Those wins are a bit hollow without the prestige of advancement in March. The advancement is a bit easier in the Summit if there is a day off during the tournament in the middle instead of the first day. I agree that there is still that need to win 3 games in March and you are in. There is an advantage with the top 2 seeds. It is not a guarantee for the third game, but it is a day of rest among the games. Tonight will certainly give the team a chance to earn the day of rest during the tourney. (The regular season conference championship is still in the sights too.)

Comment

Have to disagree. The pub we got for the New Mexico win is huge. Last night I watched the UNLV vs the other SDSU on CBS Sports and they talked about our win in the pre-game. Those kinds of wins are big when it comes to recruiting.

I will say a regular season championship does get you an auto to the NIT and that is a nice ins. policy to have in your pocket going into the Summit Tournament so I know I want to win the regular season title to say we won it, to have the NIT bid and I want to win the Tourney and get into the dance with the best seed possible. So every game is important, but that NM win was a big one that will mean more if we get into the NCAA again.
                                Last edited by LakeJack; 01-17-2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X