Western Illinois @ Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Western Illinois

The write up on the IUPUI had them down to 7 scholarship players for the NDSU game. They also lost to Omaha. There may be more to the beating by the bison than anger from the bison on losing Braun. The 96 minutes at IUPUI from the bison bench had to be one of the higher bench minutes for the season.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/articl...ORTS/130119075
      The local Macomb paper. The Leathernecks could rebound for the bison.
      I would guess Terrell Parks isn't a math major - Jacks win by 6 , and he said if he would have made 4 of his free throws they would have won. Seriously,it sounds like they will be ready for the Bison on Saturday. I would bet that Bjorklund will not have another 7 for 7 shooting game against Mr.Parks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        I would guess Terrell Parks isn't a math major - Jacks win by 6 , and he said if he would have made 4 of his free throws they would have won. Seriously,it sounds like they will be ready for the Bison on Saturday. I would bet that Bjorklund will not have another 7 for 7 shooting game against Mr.Parks.
        Maybe he was talking about 4 front ends of the bonus and then he would have made the 2nd and that would equal 8.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
          Great win! Now only 1 game back of 2nd place.
          We are only 1 game back of 2nd place but the teams in 1st and 2nd have to play on Saturday so SDSU should either be tied for 2nd place or 1 game back of 1st place after Saturday. We do play both teams that are ahead of us at home later on in the season so if we take care of business, we should be OK.
          P.S. Here's to hoping that WIU beats NDSU on Saturday(just because that means we are back in control of our conference fate).

Comment

Either way this is good for SDSU who ever looses. If Western wins we are one game back of 1st with both teams coming to brookings, or if NDSU wins we are in second ahead of western. with still an inside shot at 1st. Either way its going to be interesting. Makes that dumb loss to USD even more meaningful. I really would love to see SDSU get 1st, but honestly in the big picture get the first 2 seeds IMHO are the most important thing we can play for. More favorable match up the first round and a day of rest is huge.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree, tournament-wise the difference between #1 and #2 appears to be small this year. The top-4 teams seem to be fairly evenly matched (assuming OU comes on strong) and you will probably be playing one of them in the second round.

The big perk of the #1 seed is that automatic NIT bid, which you would hope to not get to use because you are busy in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

Working...
              X