Western Illinois @ Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Western Illinois

SF_Rabbit_Fan - I find it somewhat amusing that people discount WIU for winning 11 straight against sub-par competition. Winning 11 in a row isn't easy, no matter who you play at the DI level.

We lost to Hofstra and USD - The Leathernecks are much better than both of those teams....... We have the ability to play well on the road - Montana, New Mexico, we also have the ability to suck on the road (Hello Verminville) - I'm going to be parked in front of my TV, decked out in my Jacks gear with my fingers crossed that we get a good start and that we play a consistent 40 minutes.
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Hopefully you are not referring to my post, in regards to disparaging WIU because of their schedule. I simply pointed out the facts about who they have beaten, and there is no denying it is an uninspiring list. That, of course, has nothing to do with how good the WIU team is. I do wish they would have played some better teams though. They could have done some good for the conference RPI.

To be honest, I will be surprised if SDSU leaves WIU with a win. Our habit of coming out of the gate like a wounded horse then finally waking up in the second half will not work out so well against a strong defensive squad on their home court. This one will take 40 very good minutes, and that might not be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post

We lost to Hofstra and USD - The Leathernecks are much better than both of those teams....... We have the ability to play well on the road - Montana, New Mexico, we also have the ability to suck on the road (Hello Verminville) - I'm going to be parked in front of my TV, decked out in my Jacks gear with my fingers crossed that we get a good start and that we play a consistent 40 minutes.
        My thoughts exactly.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Hopefully you are not referring to my post, in regards to disparaging WIU because of their schedule. I simply pointed out the facts about who they have beaten, and there is no denying it is an uninspiring list. That, of course, has nothing to do with how good the WIU team is. I do wish they would have played some better teams though. They could have done some good for the conference RPI.

To be honest, I will be surprised if SDSU leaves WIU with a win. Our habit of coming out of the gate like a wounded horse then finally waking up in the second half will not work out so well against a strong defensive squad on their home court. This one will take 40 very good minutes, and that might not be enough.
          Not at all Southeast - I was actually agreeing with you - albeit in a somewhat hamhanded manner. You are right on the $$$
          Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
            I'm going to be parked in front of my TV,
            So this game is on the tube somewhere?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

http://www.goleathernecks.com/ViewAr...B_OEM_ID=12000

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                So this game is on the tube somewhere?
                I wish! No, I'll pay WIU the $9.95 to watch it online and then we hook up the laptop to the flat screen TV and that way the whole family can watch it together rather than all trying to huddle around a laptop. It looks like the IUPUI video is free but that was just from a quick check of their site - don't quote me on that! There is no video from Jackrabbit Extra so this is the best that I can do - $10 is cheaper than going all the way to Macomb!

Comment

I'll probably be contributing $10 to WIU as well. This is certainly a video-worthy game.

It sounds like Terrell Parks had some kind of MRI today. TV reports that he is officially listed as "questionable" in Vegas. He's a major part of their tough defense.

Comment

There's a video link up for the WIU game on Jackrabblt Extra, listed as beginning at 6:50 pm CST. It's not listed as "video" on the Live Audio/Video Events page, but the audio is there, listed as beginning at 6:30 pm.

The video icon isn't shown on the men's basketball schedule, however.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'll probably be contributing $10 to WIU as well. This is certainly a video-worthy game.

It sounds like Terrell Parks had some kind of MRI today. TV reports that he is officially listed as "questionable" in Vegas. He's a major part of their tough defense.
                      Yup. He leads them in scoring at 13.9 (next closest is 11.9), rebounds at 9.4 (next closest is 3.7) and blocks at 2.8 (next closest is 0.6). If he's out, that's huge.

Stats taken from Yahoo.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        There's a video link up for the WIU game on Jackrabblt Extra, listed as beginning at 6:50 pm CST. It's not listed as "video" on the Live Audio/Video Events page, but the audio is there, listed as beginning at 6:30 pm.

The video icon isn't shown on the men's basketball schedule, however.
                        I may be crazy, but I seem to remember this game being available through Jackrabbit Extra in past seasons... might have changed this year though.

Edit - Just checked their site, they use NeuLion just like us. I would bet the game will be on Extra.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

It must not be a serious injury or there would have been more out since the injury would have been on Saturday. They did MRI today. It may have some effect on the offense, but he is still a big in the middle for defense and rebounding. He did bang the left hand/wrist at Omaha and then rode the bus back to Illinois. If I were to wager, I would wager "questionable" Terrell Parks plays even if the hand is tender/not broke.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

http://www.westerncourier.com/sports...9bb30f31a.html

http://www.westerncourier.com/sports...9bb30f31a.html
                            Articles in the Macomb area.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                              I may be crazy, but I seem to remember this game being available through Jackrabbit Extra in past seasons... might have changed this year though.

Edit - Just checked their site, they use NeuLion just like us. I would bet the game will be on Extra.
                              There have been a number of road games that haven't been listed as having video available that do show up right before the game starts. Since they use NeuLion I would agree that there will be video.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I was probably unclear: There are two events listed on the Live Audio/Video Events page, one, labeled as Audio, starting at 6:30, and another one, probably the video but not labeled as such, starting at 6:50 pm.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X