Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota

No comment. This game could have been huge for Jacks down the road.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

sorry i ever talked trash, this game isnt interesting anymore. hoping neither teams get any other injuries tonight good luck this year

Comment

Without Wolters there isn't enough players who can create their own shot right now

Comment

If the Jackrabbits had been playing better team defense, Wolters being out of the lineup would only be serious, not dire.

Hope Nagy uses this to pound the importance of defense into the guys' heads going forward.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

37-18. 4mins left. So so so frustrating. TOs, nobody can create their own shot, no fluidity on offense, bad shots. We have more TOs(10) than fgs(9).

Comment

Welp

Comment

Should have been a Djkstra-lead team offensively, with Wolters down. I see Big D has zero points. C'mon, man!
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Your trash talking was well deserved. Obviously Minnesota has more talent than SDSU. Wolters would be the only guy that could get playing time in a Minnesota jersey this year.

SDSU is very good for a mid-major team, but there is a huge difference between top 25 teams and mid-major teams. Mid-majors can definitely upset and be a better team on that night, but the talent level is much different.

That being said.....go Jacks.

Originally posted by goldenshower View Post
                  sorry i ever talked trash, this game isnt interesting anymore. hoping neither teams get any other injuries tonight good luck this year

Comment

men amongst boys. strength, speed, athleticism.

Comment

48-24 Gophers at half. Gophers made about every three, Hollins had 6 threes by himself.

Bittle looks like a freshman, turning it over way too much.

Dykstra and Carlson need to get going, each have 3 points I believe

Comment

Minnesota up by 24 at half. Andre Hollins has 6 3s. Bittle is getting his pocket picked every time he brings it up the floor.

Comment

Gophers shooting lights out...Jacks werent going to win with or without Wolters if the Gophers shot this good.

Backup point guard is just over-matched...turnover machine.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                            men amongst boys. strength, speed, athleticism.
                            Definitely. Someone mentioned earlier that we have the same talent level as U of M. It is crystal clear that is not the case. Even with Wolters, we needed at least a couple of others to have the best games of their careers in order to win. It sure would have been fun to see what Wolters could do in terms of personal scoring though.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                              I agree Kemo -what we really need to see, and what has been missing for this team thus far is chemistry. The Jacks need to play like a team, everyone on the floor and on the bench needs to do their job to the best of their ability - yes that means making shots and taking rebounds, hard-nosed defense and all the rest of the cliches. We don't need one or two to step up, the whole team needs to move up a place together. Too often in this short season we have seen players drift in and out of the play, stony cold one minute, hit a big shot/rebound/block and then quietly drift back into never never land for 10 minutes. Minnesota has a competitive edge coming into this game but I don't believe for a second that they have more talent - the Jacks need to just play hard and smart for 40 minutes. I'd like to hear more talk on the court and less of Nagy screaming from the sideline. Seems to me that communication on the court would go a long ways to bringing this team into one cohesive unit - if that happens tomorrow night - look out Gophers!
                              had to repost, not trying to trash sdsu because i think you guys will have a very good year, but i still thought this was pretty funny

Comment

Good call not playing Wolters. As stated earlier, I expect him to be out vs Dakota State as well.

Filbert said earlier Dykstra had a goose-egg...is that still the case? Yikes.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X