Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota

Anybody have any info on this Minnesota team SDSU plays Tuesday?

Just looking at their stat lines, it doesn't look like they have too many great outside shooters but an incredible defense. It looks to be a pretty tough match up.

Anybody watch Minnesota play this year yet?

Re: Minnesota

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit Slim's View Post

Just looking at their stat lines, it doesn't look like they have too many great outside shooters but an incredible defense. It looks to be a pretty tough match up.

Andre Hollins had 41 points against Memphis 12/16 on field goals, going 5/5 from three point line.

Comment

Going to the game. Hopefully I see something epic happen.
      It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Well touche. Their starters are all shooting barely above 30% from behind the arc just looking at the stat line.

Obviously pretty huge if we even play with them, but it should be interesting to see where this team is right now after a sluggish start.

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Andre Hollins had 41 points against Memphis on 12/16 on field goals, going 5/5 from three point line.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit Slim's View Post

I watched part of their games against Florida State and another game earlier this year. They are very athletic, much more athletic than the Jackrabbits. They turn the ball over quite a bit and aren't the best passing team. Their perimeter guys like to create their own shot. Hollins had that huge game scoring and I think only 1 assist. Mbakwe is a beast but not that skilled offensively. Williams is a leaper that is quick off the dribble but not a great shooter.

They will play shut down defense and force the Jacks to hit outside shots. Just like every team has they will try to isolate Wolters and make the other guys beat them. This is the best Gophers team SDSU has played so far and probably the best team we've seen this year. They are middling team in the Big 10 and will likely get an at-large bid to the NCAA tourney.

We will be there, heading out tomorrow afternoon to enjoy a couple nights in Dinkytown and downtown Minneapolis. Planning to make it to Blarney's for the alumni event.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Mbakwe is still coming off the bench and struggling a bit while coming back from his knee surgery.Eliason is a 7' center that is limited offensively - basically in for defense and rebounding. Rodney Williams and Jordan should be a heck of a match-up. Williams is a little undersized,but is quick and can jump out of the gym. It will be interesting to see which Hollins guards Nate. Dre is the point guard and is a better scorer. Austin is taller,and is the best defender on the team. If the Jacks from the first half last night show up,it will be an interesting game. If the second half Jacks show up,it could be a long night.

Comment

This will be on Big 10 Network, right?

Comment

Looks like it is ESPN3 - Back to Cubby's or BWW

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...kbl-sched.html

Comment

Good Luck on Tuesday Jacks, will be cheering for you!

Comment

Minnesota moves up to #14: http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...181875211.html

With the way we have been playing, my hope is just that we avoid a blowout. To get an upset (or finish within 5-6 points) I think our shooters are going to have to be red hot like they were for much of the Baylor game last March. Nate is going to need a big-time scoring game plus big help from several snipers that make the most from open shots. It can be done, but (aside from the first few minutes at Alabama) I have not seen the team play anywhere close to that level yet this year. Tomorrow night would be a great time to start.

Comment

Minnesota is dang good this year. I personally haven't seen this good of a Minnesota team. Nobodies even been competitive in Williams arena this year. But we have the technology...

Comment

The Gophers have several quality wins including a ranked Memphis team. Duke is their only loss by 18 points. Minnesota is certainly a team to be respected by any team. However, if the jackrabbits are intendcing to jump into another NCAA tourney; they will need to be ready to play this caliber of team. I am eager to see where the Jacks are at this point of the season and I hope they can elevate their game to the competition. Go Jacks.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                          Going to the game. Hopefully I see something epic happen.
                          Hopefully in a good epic way not tragically epic.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There's just something about Wolters returning to Minneosta his senior year that gives a good feeling about it.
                            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I disagree with the notion that we'll have to be red hot from beyond the arch to beat the Gophers.

We just need to capitalize on our open shots, perimeter players not named Nate need to be confident with the ball, and we need some focus on the defensive end. We'll be in position to win this game if we play sound basketball. It is not necessary to play "out of our minds," so to speak.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X