Tennessee State GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tennessee State GDT

When you break the press, slow it down and set up your offense!!
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Jacks turn it over and give up 2 more O-rebs but TSU can't capitalize.

This half is UGLY.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

What's the issue here in the second? Step on the gas in the first five minutes of the half and the game's over. What's happening that's different compared to the first half? I can't watch.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Just not taking care of the ball and TSU has gotten a few shots to fall that were not in the first half, also we are rushing our shots instead of playing for the good shot.

Comment

Despite the Jacks best effort to give the game away in the second half, they were able to pull if off. Can nobody handle the ball but Wolters!?! Wolters once again looked and played like the best player on the court. Jacks win 78-71

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
              Despite the Jacks best effort to give the game away in the second half, they were able to pull if off. Can nobody handle the ball but Wolters!?! Wolters once again looked and played like the best player on the court. Jacks win 78-71
              Shakey finish, thank goodness for Nate. When you have the lead you need to handle the ball, make high percentage plays and make FTs. Tenn St hung in there, Jacks prevail. We shot and made a lot more FTs, the difference in the game.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

they doubled up on Nate so he couldnt bring the ball up court. gonna see that a lot this year now that teams are seeing it works. Carlson and Prince cannot bring it up. Nagy needs to figure something else out to beat the press and get Nate open.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                  they doubled up on Nate so he couldnt bring the ball up court. gonna see that a lot this year now that teams are seeing it works. Carlson and Prince cannot bring it up. Nagy needs to figure something else out to beat the press and get Nate open.
                  White struggles bringing it up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    Can Bittle develop enough to be trusted in that role? There certainly is room for another ball handler on the court. There is little worse than having a guy that doesn't want the ball in his hand getting pressured in the backcourt with the game on the line.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

The high turnover numbers reminded me of an SDSU womens' game. Frustrating.

Excellent free throw shooting, some timely rebounds, excellent defense in the first half, and Nate Wolters made up for the sloppy ball handling. They were playing a solid team tonight and this is a good win, even if it did get sloppy. The winning streak at Frost continues. Nagy said that Tennesee State would probably be the best team to visit Frost all year. If he is right we are definitely in good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Can Bittle develop enough to be trusted in that role? There certainly is room for another ball handler on the court. There is little worse than having a guy that doesn't want the ball in his hand getting pressured in the backcourt with the game on the line.
                        Nagy just answered my question. Bittle is pegged for that role but has been turning it over too much in practice.

Comment

Cherish these games. Going to be a fun year. Our offense hasn't been hitting like normal but our defense looks pretty solid. Going to be a special season!
                          It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Well, I'll take the result. Finally got to a radio and listened to the last 10 minutes. Didn't sound all that pretty. Of course, it's hard to make very intelligent comments two games in when you haven't seen a team, but that doesn't mean I won't try, right? I'll keep it brief. Basically, so far, it doesn't like look anybody's advanced his game as much as Wolter's has since last season. Specifically, I'm referring to Carlson and Prince, who have not impressed at all so far this young season. Lots of time left, though. Go, Jacks!
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Tennessee State is a very good team, this was a quality win.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                                Wolters once again looked and played like the best player on the court.
                                Shouldn't he?
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X