Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tennessee State GDT

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    The four games this week, starting with tonight, provide varying contrasts and tests.
    Tennessee State is a tough draw tonight. They were 20-13 last year with a signature win over South Carolina and won 12 of their last 16. They lost to BYO by 15 on the road last week. Jacks had better be ready. Tennessee State is on a road trip; plays Minnesota Thursday night.

Hofstra on Friday night, even on their court, should not be a problem. 10-22 last year, and Purdie blew them out by 29 last week.
    Marshall is probably the toughest opponent this week. They are 1-1, blowing out Longwood and losing by 12 at Villanova. They were 21-14 last year and made it to the championship game of the Conference USA tournament. They beat Cincinnati last year. This would be a good win on a neutral court.

Am not sure why University of the District of Columbia is in that Hofstra Classic. UDC is a D-II team that perpetually goes through new rosters. They have two kids from Egypt and one from France on this year's roster, but they do have some players. One Egyptian, Ziad Ashmaya, is a 6-6 forward averaging 11 a game. They also have a transfer guard from Boston University leading the team in scoring. UDC lost by 20 to Villanova but eked out a win against the University of the Sciences (another D-II school based in Philadelphia)...
    I saw USD play UDC about 10 years ago in UDC's gym, and there were not 100 people at the game - almost all of them USD parents or alum living in the DC area. The U blew them out but UDC had only seven players. Maybe the Jacks are playing them because they, too, are a land-grant university - one of the rare urban land grants. Maybe the bench can get some valuable PT here and hope the Jacks are 3-1 by tipoff time on Sunday.
    I watched Marshall play Villanova on espn3 and I think that would be a real good win. They are big by anyone's standards and are strong and pretty athletic. They really struggled controlling the ball and had a lot of turnovers and sloppy possessions, but that was because Villanova is really quick and scrappy. Beating Marshall would be great and be just as good of win as Alabama would of. The announcers said that alot of people thought Marshall was the second best in conference u.s.a behind Memphis.

Comment

On a side note, when I watched the Alabama game I know Prince, Heemstra, Horstman and Bittle were on the bench, but there was one more on the bench that I did not recognize. Anyone know who also traveled to Alabama.

Thanks

Go Jacks!!!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

This is a game that the Jacks need to win. New Mexico beat Davidson which was one of the top Mid major schools today at home.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Congrats to the athletic department on cutting away even more student seating by putting the band in the student section. Go **** yourselves. Way to pick the year that has amazing turnout potential for students to cut down the size. The old student section is about 1/6 full 8 min before game time. Once again, go **** yourselves.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

More student seating could be going to floor with bleachers. Poor concept on that. Get old bleacher out
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I like the Wolters-Bittle backcourt a lot

Comment

Wolters To Dykstra is deadly

Comment

Carlson still missing ridiculously open shots. White is making his shots though

Comment

42-27 at the half Wolters and Dykstra both with a dozen. White is hitting his shots. It is always good to be home.

Bittle, Wolters is going to be a good combo on the floor when Bittle gets comfortable.

Just realized I should have read above... lol Somebody else commented on Wolter/Bittle and White Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                      On a side note, when I watched the Alabama game I know Prince, Heemstra, Horstman and Bittle were on the bench, but there was one more on the bench that I did not recognize. Anyone know who also traveled to Alabama.

Thanks

Go Jacks!!!
                      Jacobson ?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        Congrats to the athletic department on cutting away even more student seating by putting the band in the student section. Go **** yourselves. Way to pick the year that has amazing turnout potential for students to cut down the size. The old student section is about 1/6 full 8 min before game time. Once again, go **** yourselves.
                        The frustrating thing to me is there appears to be so much empty space on each side of the media table. I have not been to Frost yet to confirm this, but that is the way it appears on replays on tv. It looks like there is 5 or 6 feet at least and I would've thought they could extend the seats down another 2 or 3 rows.

Also, can anyone confirm if the old student area filled up as the game got closer?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

15 to go.

51-39 Jacks up.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

TSU getting a lot of offensive rebounds now, leads to easy layup. SDSU lead only 9 now.

Comment

Ball security! Ball security!

Comment

Under 12 TO.

SDSU has scored only 4 points this half so far.

Tenn. St. hits a 3. Lead only 6 now. 45-51.

Crowd size = 3,193.

Comment

Working...
                                X