X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baylor

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Oops! the've already moved into the elite 8! I tell ya', once March Madness starts....its a barn burner!
    Somebody needs to go over there and help theirconfidence out, they seem kinda down on themselves.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Baylor opens as a 7.5 point favorite over the Jacks. I'll give you guys a question...

IF ... IF ... we shoot just as well against Baylor like we did against Washington ... do we win this game?

Comment

Hey guys, Our fans do seem to be looking past you but luckily they don't play. We are going to have to come and play a tough game to win. I'm hoping that since 4 of our 5 starters haven't played in the tourney before that they will come ready to play but you never know. If you have any questions about us let me know and I'll do our best.

Comment

It be possible.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Granted they should be confident, they are the 3 seed, but putting yourselves srtaight into the elite 8? wow.
            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Baylor opens as a 7.5 point favorite over the Jacks. I'll give you guys a question...

IF ... IF ... we shoot just as well against Baylor like we did against Washington ... do we win this game?
              Nope....if we play defense and handle the ball, like we did against Washington.....then we win! I agree with their forum though....Seth Davis is a Dbag!
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                Granted they should be confident, they are the 3 seed, but putting yourselves srtaight into the elite 8? wow.
                Definitely ridiculous. Our fans are ready at the idea to play Duke in the Sweet 16. We lost to them in the Elite 8 two years ago on a phantom chargecall and we are all bitter about it. SDSU didn't get to 27-7 by being a bad team. I hope we are ready to play.

Comment

Sure PJIII is an absolute freak but talk about a player that disappears a ton. His athletic ability and potential outshadow his basketball skills and maturity. Sure he had a huge game against Kansas State where he had 21 in the first half. But look at his other games. Not counting the Kansas State game he hasnt scored 20 pts since January 28. Talk about checking out, as he has scored 10 pts or less 11 times including 4 pts 3 times. He was a third-team all-big 12. If you don't let PJIII get going early you can stop him, so the Jacks need to play physical and get under his skin early. Dykstra needs to hit 3s, crash the boards and play a great game. I really do like Wolters match-up and that week and a half rest should be nice. I would be really suprised if Coach Drew plays zone like he has been all year and hopefully White, Callahan, Dykstra, and Carlson hit their shots if he does. Heemstra also will need to have some good minutes when he gets in due to Baylors size. It seems as though when the Jacks are doubted about their rebounding ability, they step up big. Whatever Nagy is doing to get them motivated needs to keep doing it. I hope teams keep doubting us, so the Jacks will be able to sneak up on Baylor and punch them in the mouth.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Hi, just wanted to come by and let you know that one of the most active Baylor fansites is Baylorfans.com, if that hasn't been mentioned already. And don't take much if anything that you see there too terribly seriously.

Baylor missed any tournament at all last year and the year before even though we made it to the Elite Eight, in our backyard in Houston to the eventual NC, Duke, nobody has forgotten the road we took to get to that opportunity. First game was against an in state school, Sam Houston State. They came out in a triangle and two defense and completely confused our guys. Then we had Old Dominion which had knocked off Notre Dame and finally St Marys College who had upset Villanova.

We, well, I don't take anything for granted. I'll be looking more now at what your team has done this year and who the players are and look forward to another year in the Big Dance. Baylor isn't a historical regular attendee, I think a lot of folks are still high on the school having the Heisman Trophy winner this year and might get a little cocky, but please don't blame them too much, in our conference we've been playing University of Texas for a hundred years and been beaten soundly in just about everything.

Thanks for having me here.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Sure PJIII is an absolute freak but talk about a player that disappears a ton. His athletic ability and potential outshadow his basketball skills and maturity. Sure he had a huge game against Kansas State where he had 21 in the first half. But look at his other games. Not counting the Kansas State game he hasnt scored 20 pts since January 28. Talk about checking out, as he has scored 10 pts or less 11 times including 4 pts 3 times. He was a third-team all-big 12. If you don't let PJIII get going early you can stop him, so the Jacks need to play physical and get under his skin early. Dykstra needs to hit 3s, crash the boards and play a great game. I really do like Wolters match-up and that week and a half rest should be nice. I would be really suprised if Coach Drew plays zone like he has been all year and hopefully White, Callahan, Dykstra, and Carlson hit their shots if he does. Heemstra also will need to have some good minutes when he gets in due to Baylors size. It seems as though when the Jacks are doubted about their rebounding ability, they step up big. Whatever Nagy is doing to get them motivated needs to keep doing it. I hope teams keep doubting us, so the Jacks will be able to sneak up on Baylor and punch them in the mouth.
                      We played mostly a man vs KU and Mizzou in the Big XII tourney with good results. I bet we mix it up vs SDSU which a zone could kill us if y'all get hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Baylor1960 View Post
                        Hi, just wanted to come by and let you know that one of the most active Baylor fansites is Baylorfans.com, if that hasn't been mentioned already. And don't take much if anything that you see there too terribly seriously.

Baylor missed any tournament at all last year and the year before even though we made it to the Elite Eight, in our backyard in Houston to the eventual NC, Duke, nobody has forgotten the road we took to get to that opportunity. First game was against an in state school, Sam Houston State. They came out in a triangle and two defense and completely confused our guys. Then we had Old Dominion which had knocked off Notre Dame and finally St Marys College who had upset Villanova.

We, well, I don't take anything for granted. I'll be looking more now at what your team has done this year and who the players are and look forward to another year in the Big Dance. Baylor isn't a historical regular attendee, I think a lot of folks are still high on the school having the Heisman Trophy winner this year and might get a little cocky, but please don't blame them too much, in our conference we've been playing University of Texas for a hundred years and been beaten soundly in just about everything.

Thanks for having me here.
                        Longhorn Troll Alert!!!!! FYI Baylor went 5-0 against them this year in football (won last 2), mens basketball, and womens basketball.

Comment

I recommend skipping Baylorfans.com completely. 90% cess pool of ego and internet bravado. Any other BU site is by far superior for reasonable discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasjeremy View Post
                            Longhorn Troll Alert!!!!! FYI Baylor went 5-0 against them this year in football (won last 2), mens basketball, and womens basketball.
                            Dude, you're trying to say that my statement
                            we've been playing University of Texas for a hundred years and been beaten soundly in just about everything.
                            isn't true?

Yah, we had a great recent two years against the Horns. Stick to statistics Jeremy, they'll show you that I wasn't lying to these good people. Jeebus, Baylor on Baylor violence on a South Dakota fan forum. SMH.

Comment

WIU ran at Wolters all night forcing him away from the hoop for his first move. Very effective especially when the other guys were not hitting shots and WIU was controlling the boards and the pace. Baylor is so much more talented offensively than WIU. Jacks need Baylor's guards to be impatient, taking quick shots or forcing bad passes or it could get out of hand early. Some missed shots, a bunch of big buckets on offense and our best offense we could see some Baylor fans sweating.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                WIU ran at Wolters all night forcing him away from the hoop for his first move. Very effective especially when the other guys were not hitting shots and WIU was controlling the boards and the pace. Baylor is so much more talented offensively than WIU. Jacks need Baylor's guards to be impatient, taking quick shots or forcing bad passes or it could get out of hand early. Some missed shots, a bunch of big buckets on offense and our best offense we could see some Baylor fans sweating.
                                I'm no coach but I hope that Baylor plays a man and puts Deuce Bello on Wolters and pesters him as much as possible. Bello is a very big fast guard who brings it on defense. We'll need to do something to slow him down. I fear a zone will give him too many open looks.

Comment

Working...
                                X