• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Tournament Championship - WIU

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Just re-watched the game.

What a HELL of a game. Whew.

Western Illinois is my new second favorite Summit League team. Wow, what an effort those guys put out. With SDSU they will be among the favorites in the Summit League next year, if there is any justice at all.

I have NOTHING but respect for Western Illinois. I guess that's why I'm getting a bit annoyed about the "controversy" about the Augie fans in WIU t-shirts.

Good for WIU. Well played by them.
    Some one has mentioned that the President of Augie or a former one by the name Waggoner was the president at WIU before coming to SF. The t-shirt gate can possibly be traced to his office or residence. (Not sure if he is not retired or if he is in fact got his fingerprints on T-shirt gate.) Just saying....

No doubt about the future of WIU bb, its in good hands with Mollenari, he has found a way to win with the right kind of athletes. If WIU had won, then maybe we could be upset about the T-shirts, but that did not happens so its time to move on.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Not to hurt about the shirt deal... Those kids are just excited to be in the same building as SDSU since they probably couldnt get accepted here.

Its kinda like the saying if life give you lemons make lemonades... Well if you only get accepted to Augie then you better take it...
      It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
        Not to hurt about the shirt deal... Those kids are just excited to be in the same building as SDSU since they probably couldnt get accepted here.

Its kinda like the saying if life give you lemons make lemonades... Well if you only get accepted to Augie then you better take it...
        Are you subtly saying what I think you are saying?

Comment

here is tyler's call of the last play.

http://www.archive.org/details/SdsuS...nshipFinalCall

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Just re-watched the game.

What a HELL of a game. Whew.

Western Illinois is my new second favorite Summit League team. Wow, what an effort those guys put out. With SDSU they will be among the favorites in the Summit League next year, if there is any justice at all.

I have NOTHING but respect for Western Illinois. I guess that's why I'm getting a bit annoyed about the "controversy" about the Augie fans in WIU t-shirts.

Good for WIU. Well played by them.
            Filbert, I'm with you on this one. Isn't this all rumor and conjecture anyways? If someone is going to make that claim of this nature they should be forced to provide proof. Sounds like plain ol' rumor mongering to me.

WIU had a solid gameplan when they went up by 10 and they damn near pulled it off. Hats off to those guys. I wonder when the last time was the Arena saw a game like that.

This Jackrabbit, however, is still smiling from ear to ear. So proud.

I would emplore all of you to enjoy this moment for as long as you can. There is no telling when we will get back. Don't assume it will be next year. It is SO difficult to return to the dance year after year at the men's level and no one should be expecting that our team will consistently get there. Hell, look at Detroit. They are finally getting back to the dance for the first time since 1999. Think about that a second........13 years have gone by!

Comment

I got my mens Summit League Tournament champion t-shirt at the bookstore today. Get 'em while they're hot!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                Filbert, I'm with you on this one. Isn't this all rumor and conjecture anyways? If someone is going to make that claim of this nature they should be forced to provide proof. Sounds like plain ol' rumor mongering to me.

WIU had a solid gameplan when they went up by 10 and they damn near pulled it off. Hats off to those guys. I wonder when the last time was the Arena saw a game like that.

This Jackrabbit, however, is still smiling from ear to ear. So proud.

I would emplore all of you to enjoy this moment for as long as you can. There is no telling when we will get back. Don't assume it will be next year. It is SO difficult to return to the dance year after year at the men's level and no one should be expecting that our team will consistently get there. Hell, look at Detroit. They are finally getting back to the dance for the first time since 1999. Think about that a second........13 years have gone by!
                They were chanting "whose got the rabbit?" before the second-half tip. That's pretty solid proof right there. However, I really don't care. Its not like this is some nefarious accusation which requires an investigation.
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Ya know I'm a bit surprised Augie students remember that who's got the rabbit chant. It has been awhile since the teams hooked up competitively. Must've been a nostalgia trip for someone.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    They were chanting "whose got the rabbit?" before the second-half tip. That's pretty solid proof right there. However, I really don't care. Its not like this is some nefarious accusation which requires an investigation.
                    Yeah, don't care either but it was definitely Augie students, as I recognized one of the Augie GA BBall Coaches in the crowd of so-called WIU students.

Comment

Just rewatched the game and man you could sure tell that Griff is the unquestioned leader/captain of the team. He had a less than stellar first half as he didn't make a shot or score any points but once the second half came around he hit big shots plus the huge free throws to force OT and the game-winning three pointer with 1:27 was the biggest shot of the year and probably the most clutch shot of the year. I expect Griff to have a huge role in the NCAA tournament game whether it is shooting, rebounding, defense or just pure toughness unless of course he is going up some future NBA draft prospect but either way I think he will have a prominent role if(they are) the Jacks win. Can't wait!!
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                      X