Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tournament Championship - WIU

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Did they say anything about why the fire alarm was going off for half the first half? Thought it was kind of wierd.
    The argus is reporting that it was due to spike in water pressure. It happened in a number of places around town, including the Lincoln high school game.

Comment

Just saw the espn clip and gave me goose bumps. The last five min of the game and over time crowd was off the hook. Rest of the game was a none factor. Nate had a tough game but when you getting knocked to the floor every time you drive with no fouls called that's tough to score.

We totally kept playing and western got worn out imo. No dykstra in overtime at all. Griff and whites 3s were so huge. Biggest shots in sdsu history imo.
      Sid Bostic's was pretty awesome History is a long time

Comment

Again - props to WIU and Coach Molinari. They had a great run to end the season and they don't look to be going anywhere near the bottom of the Summit in the near future. They really controlled the tempo with a great gameplan and smothering D.

Now to our dancin' shoes. We have ab so lute ly NO pressure on us in the tourney - would be great to shock the world. Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
          The argus is reporting that it was due to spike in water pressure. It happened in a number of places around town, including the Lincoln high school game.
          I heard that it happened during halftime. I am sure most of the homes in SF was watching the game and everyone went to the bathroom at the same time. I have heard about this situation happening during the halftime of the Super Bowl also.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            Sid Bostic's was pretty awesome History is a long time
            That's why I said imo. I appreciaite history as much as the next guy but I think they could rival anything sdsu has every experieced before. Making ncaa D1 tourny off those shots is huge. There is only won first time to ever go dancing so I think that raises the importance of those shots.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
              Maybe I am dense but I don't see how a spike in water pressure afects turning on the fire alarm? Aren't facilities designed to handle massive water flow? So like the sprinkler system wouldn't have enough water or something?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

True story.

I got a media pass for the Summit League tournament. I was able to go to the first two men's games and cover them. Tonight, I couldn't make the start of the game because I had another work commitment. Basically, broadcasting the Madison-Dells basketball game at the Elmen Center. As soon as that got done, I jumped in my car and headed to the Arena.

Now mind you, my friend Nicole was texting me the results and it wasn't looking good. The parking situation at the Arena wasn't all that hot, either! LOL

I darn near said "Heck with it" and go back to Madison and just run with the AP story. But I found a spot and went on a sizable hike to get to the game when there was about 7:00 left in the game.

Needless to say, I stopped chewing my nails and started chewing knuckles.

I am SO GLAD I came when I did. Today is a GREAT day to be a Jackrabbit!
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Maybe I am dense but I don't see how a spike in water pressure afects turning on the fire alarm? Aren't facilities designed to handle massive water flow? So like the sprinkler system wouldn't have enough water or something?
                  Sprinkler systems are constantly monitoring the water pressure within the system if that system loses or gains pressure to some degree it causes the alarm to go off. A loss of pressure tells the system a sprinkler 'went off' causing the alarm to go. A spike in pressure I assume would do the same thing. I've handled about 6 to 7 false alarms in my day....emabarassing to say the least....happens if sprinkler system pipes burst for some reason.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Ugly game but in the end it was awesome

I hope everyone has their dancing shoes on because hopefully we can SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

Comment

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/...wolters-joined

One of Nate's interviews after the game

Comment

Great game (might not have started the way SDSU wanted it to but it was a great finish). WIU had a hell of a tourney. Upset the #1 seed and almost take out the #2 seed. Looking at the fouls called during the rest of the tourney, makes you think the refs were told to stop blowing their whistles so much. They really let the players go at each other (major proof was almost no fouls called when players were driving to the hoop).

Nate might have been the tourney MVP, but SDSU sure had some others who were the MVP of the game. Griff's free throws to send it to overtime. Some key 3 pointers by Griff, Chad, and Brayden. Some good defense when they had to have it. The team really pulled together the last 10 minutes of regulation and in overtime.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Congrats to SDSU. Both teams put on a show for national TV and the Summit looked great. Full house and an OT game - what more could we ask for as fans of this league?

http://www.SummitZoo.com
                          http://www.SummitZoo.com

Comment

Woowee... was on the road home from the cities and listened to Tyler for the first half. Was probably lucky I had to have control of the car or I probably would've been out of control.

Got to the inlaws as second half was starting, and then I was glad I was holding a VERY tired 9 month old, which forced me to keep my cool because that was some intense second half and ot. Un-real.

Congrats Jackrabbits!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Had to be one of my best birthdays ever - 65 degree weather,and to be present to watch those two games !

Comment

Congrats Jacks! Who would have thought both the women and men would go to overtime? Well deserved shot in the Dance. Enjoy this! Make the Summit proud!

Comment

Working...
                                X