Summit League Tournament Championship - WIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tournament Championship - WIU

We play Western Illinois at 8PM for the Championship!! Game is on ESPN 2 and should be a good one. WIU is peaking at the right moment and just came off a huge win against ORU. We beat them by 1 at their house and by 17 at our house.

Re: Summit League Tournament Championship - WIU

Not much you can say at this point....it's like Nagy says in his interviews.....these guys know the stakes there isn't much else to say........I'm just going to show up and yell like a banshee until the whistle blows! The fan base needs to get in it, and stay in it tomorrow night...
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

We have Nate Wolters and they don't. It's going to kill me that I can't make this game tomorrow.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by BudLight Jackrabbit View Post
        We play Western Illinois at 8PM for the Championship!! Game is on ESPN 2 and should be a good one. WIU is peaking at the right moment and just came off a huge win against ORU. We beat them by 1 at their house and by 17 at our house.
        Tell me you are coming to the game tomorrow BudLight Jackrabbit. Should be a good game... We got the crowd it makes a huge difference. I feel like chad and grif had a tough game. I bet they step it up tomorrow. #GBGBGJ #runrabbits
        It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

The first half of suu the crowd stunk imo but the second half was great. Cheering constantly. I will assume we will be agin like that tomorrow. The team can sure feed off of it.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Cheer extra loud for me. I won't be at the game (Madison is playing in the Region Finals).

Go Jackrabbits!
            Go Bulldogs!
            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Wow! Who would have thought we would have to go through IUPUI, SUU, and WIU for the SL championship?! All of us on the board were prepared for IUPUI, Oakland, and ORU. Simply Amazing.

Like Catrabbit says, not really much left to say. Our guys know how important tomorrow's game is to the school and the state of South Dakota.

EVERYONE better be in the Arena yelling until they have no more voice!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Congrats on making the championship and good luck tonight! I will be watching and cheering for the Jacks. Here's to the Blue and Yellow!*

*Yes...that was on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  Congrats on making the championship and good luck tonight! I will be watching and cheering for the Jacks. Here's to the Blue and Yellow!*

*Yes...that was on purpose.
                  We would not mind you and wifey showing up in your bright yellow coats, but hide the green. Thanks for your best wishes. WIU can be dangerous as NDSU found out. Saul in the press conference admonished Taylor Braun and Wright about the amount of work in the off season that they needed to do. Next year ?????? Well the Bison might be in the finals at the Summit, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    I'm just going to show up and yell like a banshee until the whistle blows! The fan base needs to get in it, and stay in it tomorrow night...
                    THIS!!!!

I'm hoping it is quiet around the water cooler tomorrow morning because nobody has a voice left. These guys and gals have left it all on the court for us all year long. The least we can do is give them a raucous environment tonight!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

This championship game is just more evidence of what I've been saying all along: don't underestimate any conference opponent and never take a win against a conference-mate for granted. They know what you want to do as well (and sometimes better) than you do.

I think a deciding factor in this game will be interior play--I've been MIGHTILY impressed with WIU's Parks inside--not his monster dunks (which he delivers with some regularity) but both his defense and offensive capabilities in the paint. SDSU needs to find a way around him on offense, and needs to find a way to neutralize him when on defense. Our bigs will have their hands full with him and with Gebru as well.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Crowd was a huge factor in the second half and gave the team a lift they needed on the Defensive end. Chad White is playing injured. Banged up his knee prior to Summit Tournament and is why he's wearing a sleve. He has limited lift and just doesn't have his normal bounce. Hasn't been a huge factor but has limited his scoring and mobility. Calahan played his tail off in the second half and got the D going. Team did a much better job the second half of rebounding and limiting second shots. Should be a fun day.......oh and one more thing.....about 5 years ago I posted that this program could get it done with local talent. Got blasted a little.....but you got a Brookings walkon starting and 4 of 5 starters are from SD, IA and MN. Still think there is enough talent here in the region to maintain a solid program. Having the tournament in S. Falls gives a huge advantage to instate programs. Can't see the Summit League moving away from S. Falls anytime soon. No other place would draw as many fans.

Comment

I noticed Park's defense last night as well. He is going to block some shots. That team obviously has some grit after winning 2 close games here. It will be a battle a lot like the first half of our game last night.

Wow, that second half was fun. The crowd was great. Let's give that a try for the whole game tonight! It's a great day to be a Jacks fan. This day has been a long time coming. Enjoy it!

Comment

I've only got one thing to add about todays/tonights games:

Get up and be LOUD the whole game...not for spurts...not when you just feel like it...the WHOLE DAMN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't think it makes a difference in how not only our guys/girls play, but how the opponents react, you're nuts. This is an atmosphere that both UMKC and WIU have never seen...EVER!!

GET UP and GET LOUD!!!!
                            This is what we've all dreamed about since the D-1 move...Enjoy it...it's not church, this is March Madness and we're right in the middle of it!!!

Go Jacks!!!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadsev View Post
                              Crowd was a huge factor in the second half and gave the team a lift they needed on the Defensive end. Chad White is playing injured. Banged up his knee prior to Summit Tournament and is why he's wearing a sleve. He has limited lift and just doesn't have his normal bounce. Hasn't been a huge factor but has limited his scoring and mobility. Calahan played his tail off in the second half and got the D going. Team did a much better job the second half of rebounding and limiting second shots. Should be a fun day.......oh and one more thing.....about 5 years ago I posted that this program could get it done with local talent. Got blasted a little.....but you got a Brookings walkon starting and 4 of 5 starters are from SD, IA and MN. Still think there is enough talent here in the region to maintain a solid program. Having the tournament in S. Falls gives a huge advantage to instate programs. Can't see the Summit League moving away from S. Falls anytime soon. No other place would draw as many fans.
                              Thanks appreciate your comments. Yes there is enough local talent. Brayden Carlson has good Lake Norden basketball blood running in his veins.

Comment

Working...
                              X