Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ORU

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Rock Valley Central Tonight. Nice game by Dykstra and Heemestra.
    Heemstra's no-look to Dykstra from the free-throw line was sick.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
      This is not the smack section. Nate Wolters is MVP of Summit, look at all the attention he has received week after week.
      It is really a toss up for MVP between the two. It really isn't even close. But to systematically say that either one is the "for sure" MVP is wrong.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Jacks win by 15, but on a more somber note than they would of liked.

ORU point guard Rod Pearson might have got hurt badly with 15 seconds left trying to dunk the ball over Callahan. Grif was called for a flagrant (it wasn't btw, and it wasn't even boardline), but it is too bad a great game had to end on that note. Hopefully Pearson can return for ORU.
        I would have been dissapointed had Grif not challenged the dunk. You don't come into Frost and dunk on the Jacks unchallenged. THAT WAS NOT A FLAGRANT FOUL.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by student View Post
          Anyone else notice Morrison and Pearson throwing their hands up after every call? Even did it when they got the call.
          Yeah, they were doing a pretty good Reggie Hamilton imitation. He likes to do that too, at least last time they were at Frost.

Also disagree the the flagrant call on Griff. Perhaps Pearson shouldn't have tried hot dogging it on the road down by 19 with 15 seconds left in the game. Maybe he'll think twice next time. I doubt it. You had to know that Griff was gonna go up against him though, if any Jack has the "not in our house" attitude, it's Griff. Loved it.

I love watching Heemstra (and Dykstra)...(and Wolters) pass the rock. Unreal.

Also agreed with RO, the "overrated" chant was lame.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Heemstra's no-look to Dykstra from the free-throw line was sick.
            That was awesome. The stats may not show it, but we beat them in every facet of the game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              Also agreed with RO, the "overrated" chant was lame.
              Yeah, pretty lame, but I will give the students a pass on that one, they were pretty solid all night. I think they stood up for most of the second half. And the "left-right-left-right" on Morrison when he followed out was solid.

Comment

Agree with RO's observations in his last two posts.

Heemstra: the guy may be the most accurate passer on a team of great passers! Heemstra played like he'd matured another year since the last game. Dykstra had a monster game and held his own against some bigger, beefier players, grabbing some particularly key rebounds.

Fiegen and Carlson played great defense and sometimes we don't see that when we're watching the guy with the ball. Grif was great although didn't get the points he usually gets. Bad call at the end. Pearson was going up hard to try and slam the ball and they collided--would have been different if he was going to just try a layup. It was a foul but just an ordinary one.

Nate. Well, he didn't disappoint again. Defenders are just a half-a-step slow or going in the wrong direction when dealing with Nate.

Pearson was holding his hand/wrist as he walked out. I wonder if he hurt his hand on the missed dunk -- he might have slammed his hand on the rim.

I think ORU got roughed up tonight and I wonder if we maybe took a little starch out of them. If NDSU comes out agressive from the start and starts hitting shots right away, ORU may have difficulty getting up for the game. Some of the ORU guys have to be thinking that its a good thing this is their last regular-season road trip to the Dakotas!

Open message to NDSU: Don't you owe us a favor or two? Get it done Saturday night and help move your Jackrabbit friends into a tie for first place in the conference (actually, ORU may be 1.5 games ahead because they've played at least one more Summit game than SDSU).

Comment

Here's the first edition story on the game from the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...0_BROOKI537588

Comment

Limit second chance points, take care of the ball, and make FT's.....WIN.
                    I got mocked for this comment earlier this week. You can all go look deep within yourselves now. I was right the whole time. I would give myself rep points now, but I guess you can't do that.

Comment

As long as we win out at home the rest of the year I have no doubt in my mind that we we wouldn't be able to win the summit tourny. Frankly I think being 2nd seed right now is fine. I guess it depends on how the other seeds play out but in sf I think we could beat anyone. Just imagine the crowd in sf when we get to the final.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Agree with ro and others overrated as a chant is lame espicially when your 2nd place in the confence. Now if the last place team was about to win it would almost be ok then. I would have perfered an mvp chant when wolters has the ball. Would have been great to do after morrison fouled out too.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I would have been dissapointed had Grif not challenged the dunk. You don't come into Frost and dunk on the Jacks unchallenged. THAT WAS NOT A FLAGRANT FOUL.
                          I think the worst part about the flagrant foul was, reading the play in print, it makes Grif sound like a dirty player. Not only was the play not dirty, intentional, or flagrant in the first play, Grif was the first one to check to see if Pearson was okay.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            I think the worst part about the flagrant foul was, reading the play in print, it makes Grif sound like a dirty player. Not only was the play not dirty, intentional, or flagrant in the first play, Grif was the first one to check to see if Pearson was okay.
                            I personally enjoyed how the Tulsa newspaper decided to describe the play.

Pearson also had three assists, one steal and only one turnover in 36 minutes, but took a hard fall when he was intentionally fouled [no, Griff wasn't trying to foul] by Griffan Callahan while trying to make a layup [no, he put his head down and was trying to dunk even though he had a wide open teammate flanking him] in the closing minutes.[there was under 30 seconds left at the time]
                            Edits/corrections were mine.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                              I personally enjoyed how the Tulsa newspaper decided to describe the play.

Edits/corrections were mine.
                              Wow...to call that a layup attempt is something else.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                                Wow...to call that a layup attempt is something else.
                                Layup?! Really?! I took offense to Pearson trying to slam it down in our house down by 19. The flagrant call was rediculous. Also, Wolters had a breakaway during the game and was fouled from behind from a guy basically bear-hugging him. Can't remember which ORU player it was. How was THAT not intentional and Griff's was? Oh well, I just hope people do not think Griff's a dirty player because he had a helluva game defensively. Overall a great win for the Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X