Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Week

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    The NDSU mens game is on a Wed night. I dont know that it will be better than the USD game. Only because we havent played USD for so long. Next it probably wont be as big of a deal.
    I think the NDSU-UND game the night before will tell us more about NDSU. The game is at the Betty where SDSU had its worst game. Lets see how the Bison do. As far as speculation about how everyone ended up where they did, why waste our time trying to figure it out. Lets talk USD. It's going to be a close game. USD will be up for this one, and will have something to prove by beating the bunnies on their floor, plus their win at UMKC might have given them the spark they needed.

Comment

Absolutely zero chance that the NDSU game outdraws the USD game this year...zip, nadda, zilch. As for the outcome of the USD game, the Jacks had better win by 10 pts or more as I have supper and drinks riding on it
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        That could very well be true, but it wouldn't be very smart. I've heard the rumors too. Jordan was being recruited by Wake Forest and others at the time.

It doesn't make logical sense to pull an offer before you have to on the hopes of landing someone else.

They didn't have to pull Gruis' offer to get Jordan, doing so wouldn't be smart at all before landing a commitment from Jordan - unless there was another factor like character issues or academic eligibility.

I guess only the coaches and Gruis know what really happened.
        A few other people know as well. Doesn't matter, Jordan is a great player and a good fit at SDSU. Gruis is a good player and a good fit at USD.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          A few other people know as well. Doesn't matter, Jordan is a great player and a good fit at SDSU. Gruis is a good player and a good fit at USD.
          They are both great players and they both are doing well with their respective teams.
          Great moments are born from great opportunities.
          ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I think the NDSU-UND game the night before will tell us more about NDSU. The game is at the Betty where SDSU had its worst game. Lets see how the Bison do.
            UND hosts NDSU on Jan. 17 at The Ralph. SDSU and NDSU play on Feb. 15.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              The way I understood it their was only 1 scholly available and the pulled the offer from gruis to get jordan.

This is correct. The SDSU men had an elite camp at SDSU a couple of years ago and Gruis and Dykstra went at each other all game long because each knew they were playing for a scholarship. Jordan won and Gruis lost and left with his scholarship offer pulled because SDSU wanted Dykstra. It was very physical and I expect the same thing to happen this Thursday. Gruis is going to be out for Dykstra and I'm sure Dykstra will want to prove SDSU made the right choice (which they did...but we would love to have both).

I think that will be one of the better matchups on THursday as well as Nate and that Louie(sp?) kid (just because he's from SD). I think people will be interested to watch him play.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                This is correct. The SDSU men had an elite camp at SDSU a couple of years ago and Gruis and Dykstra went at each other all game long because each knew they were playing for a scholarship. Jordan won and Gruis lost and left with his scholarship offer pulled because SDSU wanted Dykstra. It was very physical and I expect the same thing to happen this Thursday. Gruis is going to be out for Dykstra and I'm sure Dykstra will want to prove SDSU made the right choice (which they did...but we would love to have both).

I think that will be one of the better matchups on THursday as well as Nate and that Louie(sp?) kid (just because he's from SD). I think people will be interested to watch him play.
                Can anybody elaborate on how intense the match up really was because I would think that Dykstra would have done very well against Gruis. As a AA guy I never really thought that Krogman was as good as they hyped to be. He is a decent player though. Being in "B" inflated his stats.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Where did Iowa State fit into the timeline of our recruitment of Jordan? (And how do some of you people keep all of that straight? )

Comment

Check out Matt Zimmer's post on the rivalry. Rips on TV and others for trying to keep it civil. I can't say anything about it (not a smack thread) except that this is why I don't usually read Zimmer's stuff:

http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...ot-a-bad-thing
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Where did Iowa State fit into the timeline of our recruitment of Jordan? (And how do some of you people keep all of that straight? )
                      I believe he commited during his junior year,and he and the Cyclones parted company before his senior year because they wanted Jordan to "concentrate" on basketball and not play other sports during his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I believe he commited during his junior year,and he and the Cyclones parted company before his senior year because they wanted Jordan to "concentrate" on basketball and not play other sports during his senior year.
                        I thought Jordan commited to Iowa State as a Freshman in HS. I believe he was the earliest offer/commitment for Iowa State. The rest of what you wrote I believe to be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Can anybody elaborate on how intense the match up really was because I would think that Dykstra would have done very well against Gruis. As a AA guy I never really thought that Krogman was as good as they hyped to be. He is a decent player though. Being in "B" inflated his stats.
                          It was REALLY REALLY physical and the refs let them play because they wanted those two to compete and go at it. It's going to be something to watch on Thursday night. I'm actually surprised this hasn't been a storyline yet for this game from TV.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                            I thought Jordan commited to Iowa State as a Freshman in HS. I believe he was the earliest offer/commitment for Iowa State. The rest of what you wrote I believe to be correct.
                            You are probably are right about the timing - I knew he commited early,but I didn't realize it was that early.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Check out Matt Zimmer's post on the rivalry. Rips on TV and others for trying to keep it civil. I can't say anything about it (not a smack thread) except that this is why I don't usually read Zimmer's stuff:

I suppose we'll disagree on this one. I thought Zimm made a lot of quality points in that.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post

I read it, and I see your point.

For those of you who haven't read the article, here it is:

"You can't tell ME how to behave!"

That's pretty much it. Since he's a "professional" he took a lot longer to say it, though.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X