Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    The only part of the argument I somewhat agree with is the part about the fans not showing up. The arena should have been sold out. The fact that there were a number of high school games and the roads weren't great probably were the main reason but even if you aren't a Jacks fan, if you are a fan of basketball you should have shown up just to watch because of the talent that is on the floor.

And don't be bashing on Williams and Ree, those are Black Hills State alum

As far for the rest of the argument, it would have been one thing if they lost to a team like UMKC by 20, but anybody who had any knowledge of Summit league basketball knew that it would take a perfect game on both ends of the floor to win.

But for a team whose 8 man rotation consisted of 5 underclassmen, and 3 freshman, a game in which 71 of the 90 points were by underclassmen, 44 which were by freshman. A team who has got more big time area recruits then its lost (Dykstra, White, Feigen, Wolters, Heemstra, Carlson, Moss, Sargent, and Horstman next year) over the past 4 years, for a team that you look at and say they are on there way up. I think this article is wrong.

I just wonder if he will write this article when USD gets blown out in the first round of the tournament there first time.

I understand that its his job to be the critic, and maybe some of his articles over the past 2-3 years being critical were some what warranted, but now is not the time.
    I'm not completely giving fans a break, there should have been more fans there, but people need to keep in mind there were over 2600 all session passes sold for the tourney and not all of those were sold to SDSU fans. If 1000 of those were sold to the other 8 schools who had teams in the tourney, some of those people probably aren't going to stick around for the last day of the tourney. You can't sell the same ticket twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      I'm not completely giving fans a break, there should have been more fans there, but people need to keep in mind there were over 2600 all session passes sold for the tourney and not all of those were sold to SDSU fans. If 1000 of those were sold to the other 8 schools who had teams in the tourney, some of those people probably aren't going to stick around for the last day of the tourney. You can't sell the same ticket twice.
      yeah I was wondering that as well, believe every school had to buy 50 all session passes. I still think the numerous high school games going on had an effect as well. For example Madison hs played Monday night, my guess is that if they weren't playing they would have sent a few hundred to the game. I know I had a few friends who usually would have gone to the game Monday night but were at a District basketball game.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        yeah I was wondering that as well, believe every school had to buy 50 all session passes. I still think the numerous high school games going on had an effect as well. For example Madison hs played Monday night, my guess is that if they weren't playing they would have sent a few hundred to the game. I know I had a few friends who usually would have gone to the game Monday night but were at a District basketball game.
        Brookings High School was also playing in a regional game Monday night in Brandon.
        Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Stu's an a-hole, he knows exactly what he is doing. He is trying to "pile-on" the Jacks after a tough defeat. He could have wrote this article two or three days from now and it would have been more appropriate.

The correct article to write would have been focusing on how dominate Oakland is and how far behind the whole conference is as far as recruiting. He should have called out the whole conference.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            The correct article to write would have been focusing on how dominate Oakland is and how far behind the whole conference is as far as recruiting. He should have called out the whole conference.
            Exactly what I said after watching last night's game. If Oakland brings to the table every year what they did the last two years the whole freekin' conference is going to have look at themselves in the mirror and figure out how to out-recruit them.

OU could have went triple digits again last night. The only thing they did is let up with about 3 minutes to go. I think I figured in their last run after they went down by a point they ripped off 28 points in 7 minutes to put a dagger right in ORU's heart. 4 points per minute is a crazy pace for 7 minutes.

ORU got beat by 20 last night (though the scoreboard says 14). And they are a salty team.

I might be wrong, but we all better hope not, but Oakland's going to come back to earth next year. They may have enough to win the conference again, but it's going to be more of a dogfight than it has been for them. It's a matter of who that dogfight is going to be with.

Comment

Just checking my google reader, and it looks like Zim put a little "zing" to stu last night.

mattyzimmer: Oakland by 14. Wonder what that means for ORU's future.

Comment

Yes, Stu is a pompous D-bag... Yes, Stu is a blowhard... did we really expect any different from him?

My approach to Stu is just like whenever I read anything from the the South Dakota Political blogs, laugh at the authors stupidity and ignore them. My life has become a lot less stressful and a lot more enjoyable.
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

#98th reason why that article did it's job
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    #98th reason why that article did it's job

Not to mention the 55 posts on the Argus site...which btw, no one agrees with STU on this one, even USD fans haven't chimed in.

I was sooooo hoping a STU-SUCKS S#$T chant would've broken out during the women's game. I thought about it, but was so far up, I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have gained steam.

I hope at least someone at the Arena on Tuesday gave him a piece of their mind in person.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

• Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                      Not to mention the 55 posts on the Argus site...which btw, no one agrees with STU on this one, even USD fans haven't chimed in.

I was sooooo hoping a STU-SUCKS S#$T chant would've broken out during the women's game. I thought about it, but was so far up, I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have gained steam.

I hope at least someone at the Arena on Tuesday gave him a piece of their mind in person.

Go Jacks!!
                      If one could just yell that out with the same anonymity we are afforded on this chat board he'd have been looking for some extra security!

Unbelievable how he and TV can be two feet from each other and see such totally different games!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

For Stu, SDSU is a surrogate for the University of Michigan.

SDSU is to South Dakota what the Wolverines are to Michigan, and Stu is a Michigan State fan.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          for stu, sdsu is a surrogate for the university of michigan.

Sdsu is to south dakota what the wolverines are to michigan, and stu is a michigan state fan.

welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

SDSU is to South Dakota what the Wolverines are to Michigan, and Stu is a Michigan State fan.

Just wanted to give Zoo a shout out for the 1st post on the AL site stating how Oakland did in their 1st three years in the Conference Tournament. 0-3....Nagy/Jacks 2-4.
                            Amazing how easy STU makes it for people to refute what he writes with facts that take about 5 minutes to look up on the internet. I almost forgot...STU doesn't deal in facts, he's an opinion writer(loose term I know).

Nice work Zoo.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              Just wanted to give Zoo a shout out for the 1st post on the AL site stating how Oakland did in their 1st three years in the Conference Tournament. 0-3....Nagy/Jacks 2-4.
                              Amazing how easy STU makes it for people to refute what he writes with facts that take about 5 minutes to look up on the internet. I almost forgot...STU doesn't deal in facts, he's an opinion writer(loose term I know).

Nice work Zoo.

Go Jacks!!
                              He actually even mentioned Kampe's record in his own article. What a moron.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

You might have something here. I always thought he would support the two land grant universities but I think you may have hit in on the head with the comparison to U of M. Michigan is still the big dog, even on the west side of the state. Izzo has at least brought some respectability to MSU along with Dantonio.

Comment

Working...
                                X