Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    ...rumor has it dellsjack addressed this with Stu in a follow-up tweet
    Yes, see the third post. Is dellsjack you? Glad you asked the question...rep points.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Yes, see the third post. Is dellsjack you? Glad you asked the question...rep points.
      Yep...it's me. Stu won't tweet any more on this particular subject. You see, once you call him out and ask him to bring facts into anything he writes or tweets, he simply can't, because he doesn't have any.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Stu's twitter account shows he was asked a question by dellsjack (Stu re-tweeted the message) "Why are you so anti-SDSU?" Whitney responded: "Just addressing the absurdity of post-season tournaments when fifth place Summit team expects a bid."
        Here is another example of why Stu's career is stalled at the Argus Leader. He has a great point "the post-season tournament absurdity," but he is unable to approach it with any creativity or intelligent discourse. So, he has to use the lowest common denominator to generate buzz for his articles/tweets.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Here is another example of why Stu's career is stalled at the Argus Leader. He has a great point "the post-season tournament absurdity," but he is unable to approach it with any creativity or intelligent discourse. So, he has to use the lowest common denominator to generate buzz for his articles/tweets.
          Stu's "poisonous venom" flows freely thru his pen,and his articles reak of pessimism,other than that,he does OK.

Comment

I can't believe Whitney sent that. Are you sure the tweet wasn't from a spoof twitter account. I don't do twitter but I'm having someone who does check Whitney's real account.
            Here is the spoof twitter account for Stu Whitney: @fakestuwhitney

http://twitter.com/#!/fakestuwhitney

And no, I don't run it, but it's got some funny stuff.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              In all honesty, did anyone really EXPECT a post-season bid? I think it was more of something people were just talking about and it was a long shot but still a possibility.

I think that's what makes me a little perplexed as to what Stu-pid said. I didn't really expect the SDSU men to get into a tourney but it was interesting to discuss and to see if there was an actual chance.
              Nagy sure did if you heard him on KWSN the day after the loss to Oakland and in the Argus today.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                In all honesty, did anyone really EXPECT a post-season bid? I think it was more of something people were just talking about and it was a long shot but still a possibility.

I think that's what makes me a little perplexed as to what Stu-pid said. I didn't really expect the SDSU men to get into a tourney but it was interesting to discuss and to see if there was an actual chance.
                Sure why not.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...|text|Sports|s

SDSU likely didn't miss by much with an overall record of 19-12 and ranked 137th in the Sagarin Ratings. Eight teams in the CIT and six in the CBI are ranked lower than the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  Sure why not.

SDSU likely didn't miss by much with an overall record of 19-12 and ranked 137th in the Sagarin Ratings. Eight teams in the CIT and six in the CBI are ranked lower than the Jacks.
                  The jacks mbb had a nice season and plenty of talent in the future but using the Sagarin Ratings is misguided. If it was the Sagarin Tourney then no doubt SDSU would have received an invite. However, the tourney's rely far more on the RPI rating. TV understands this but he is writing to placate his audience. SDSU was around 184 in RPI and below all of the teams that got invites but maybe one (Tenn.Tech) and UND which had the autobid. You have some great players and imho a great coach so the future looks bright.
                  Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Sure why not.

Of course I say that and then this article is written the next day.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Hey, if missing the minor tournaments gives our guys just that little extra bit of motivation to hit the off-season workout/training program just that much harder, it might be well worth it in the long run.

/glass half full mode
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The thing about the media is that it's not worth fussing about when you get critical coverage. You have to take the bad (Stu's potshots) with the good (TV's extensive coverage of SDSU sports.)
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

you could be like the USD women who were invited to a tournament, but have had NO coverage or mention anywhere... it could be worse than Stu.

Apathy vs. Pot Shots...

Comment

stuwhitney Stu Whitney
                            Getting ugly: Saints QB Drew Brees says late offer from NFL was "all a show." League rep counters that Hurricane Katrina was "sort of cool."

And with this tweet I'll be cancelling my subscription to the Argus Leader. I can put up with Stu's ignorance and bias against SDSU...but to crack jokes about natural disasters (especially now) is unacceptable...
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Sure why not.

The committee doesn't use the Sagarin, they use the NCAA RPI's.
                              http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...11MBBrpi1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
                                The committee doesn't use the Sagarin, they use the NCAA RPI's.
                                http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weekly...11MBBrpi1.html
                                Which is more flawed system in many experts estimation. Using the NCAA to endorse something doesn't really give it much credibility IMO. That said, getting "left out" of the CIT or CBI shouldn't bother anyone.

As for Stu, I canceled my Argus script based on his amateur behavior 6 months ago and I haven't missed him one bit. I access the website and read what I want, I never read Stu and for that my life is better. Those who enjoy his writing should continue to read, those who don't have the option to do what jacks1 and I did as a way to send a message.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X