Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

I'm not a Stu fan but some of you thin skinned folks need to relax. The Argus Leader is not the Brookings Register. If we want to continue to grow as a program and be like the "Big Boys" then we surely can take a little a crtiticsm from a wanna be sports writer.

That being said, as far as our team goes, he hits on some good points. Our defense is a serious issue. Many people on this thread seem to be focusing on Dykstra. I think most people agree that he had a very good year and is going to be a great player. He is going to get bigger and stronger and will result in a better defender. The same hopefully will and should go for Tony and Marcus.

I think a real concern is our perimeter defense. We have no one currently on our roster that can guard the top 1, 2 or 3's in the league. We struggle mightly to guard people one on one on the perimeter and we cannot stop the ball in transition. We lack speed and quickness. Where our bigs will get bigger and stronger, the rest of the guys aren't going to get quicker and faster. Other folks want to focus on the 71 pts. the underclassman scored against Oakland which is great, but how was the defense? We had no one on the floor that could play defense on the perimeter and personally I'm worried that it will be the same next year. Good offense, scrores alot of points but can't get defensive stops when needed. I do however think we will be a much improved rebounding team.

On a positive note, I am thrilled that we all get to watch 2 of the top players in the league in Nate and Jordan for the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Not to mention the 55 posts on the Argus site...which btw, no one agrees with STU on this one, even USD fans haven't chimed in.

I was sooooo hoping a STU-SUCKS S#$T chant would've broken out during the women's game. I thought about it, but was so far up, I'm fairly certain it wouldn't have gained steam.

I hope at least someone at the Arena on Tuesday gave him a piece of their mind in person.

Go Jacks!!
      The one poster who made a comment that wasn't negative towards Stu was from our banned friend from the school to our north,who basically questioned our manhood because we attend and cheer for women's basketball.

Comment

Is Stu still bitter? No he is too bussy enjoying all the knee jerk reactions to his column.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Is Stu still bitter? No he is too bussy enjoying all the knee jerk reactions to his column.
          Easy for him to do, him being a jerk and all.

Comment

Now if only he (***-pid) could figure out a way to charge us by the word for responding to his drivel.....

Comment

[QUOTE=MaddogJack;(***-pid) [/QUOTE]

I think MDJ has a winner. We all know who we are talking about without him reading it while looking in the mirror!

Deserves a Copyright!!!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                I will tell you that last night, the way Dykstra was battling going toe to toe with Benson, I guarantee the NBA scouts there to watch Benson and Young, now have his name wrote down as someone to watch going forward. If they didn't know who he was before, he is on their radar now.

If he picks his D up going forward, he is going to be unstoppable.
                Don't want to disagree, but happened across this and raise an eyebrow or two at the above post:

For the record, I do think Dykstra has the potential to be a big-impact player in the Summit, just had a chuckle when I read that post and looked back through the GoBison archives.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKyRo View Post
                  Don't want to disagree, but happened across this and raise an eyebrow or two at the above post:

Because you can tell so much from that still picture vs. Stats over a whole season. Go away.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

All that picture proves is that Dykstra's arms are as big around as Wrights legs.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      All that picture proves is that Dykstra's arms are as big around as Wrights legs.
                      That and TreVonne looks like a stretch limo version of Chris Rock...

Comment

Seriously, get that kid some food, he looks like he's from Ethiopia and can't lift up a sheet of paper.

My arms are bigger and I'm a weakling.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                          Seriously, get that kid some food, he looks like he's from Ethiopia and can't lift up a sheet of paper.

My arms are bigger and I'm a weakling.
                          Believe me, there are Bison fans that want nothing more than for Tray to shovel food in with a payloader in the offseason. The running joke with the coaching staff is that any time the team eats they go back for seconds and give it all to #32 so he puts on some weight. I sit next to him in a class and believe me, he looks even more like a bean pole than he does in that picture.

His whole thing is that he had to balance an extremely successful T&F career with basketball, specifically the high-jump (which apparently dictates just how much muscle a guy can put on). As we saw on Saturday night he's not afraid to bang bodies down low and can already cut pretty well, and I think everyone here knows he can elevate halfway decently. We're absolutely stoked at what the future holds in store for he and the rest of the hoops team (or at least I am).

Comment

Originally posted by DJKyRo View Post
                            Believe me, there are Bison fans that want nothing more than for Tray to shovel food in with a payloader in the offseason. The running joke with the coaching staff is that any time the team eats they go back for seconds and give it all to #32 so he puts on some weight. I sit next to him in a class and believe me, he looks even more like a bean pole than he does in that picture.

His whole thing is that he had to balance an extremely successful T&F career with basketball, specifically the high-jump (which apparently dictates just how much muscle a guy can put on). As we saw on Saturday night he's not afraid to bang bodies down low and can already cut pretty well, and I think everyone here knows he can elevate halfway decently. We're absolutely stoked at what the future holds in store for he and the rest of the hoops team (or at least I am).
                            Can he play point guard? That is what the Bison need. Doesn't really matter if a kid can jump out of the gym if there isn't a guy consistant enough to get him the ball.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'm waiting for Stu's column about the state of the Coyote womens program after they lost to the seven seed in the first round of the Great West tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                I'm waiting for Stu's column about the state of the Coyote womens program after they lost to the seven seed in the first round of the Great West tourney.
                                It won't happen. USD doesn't have the passionate following that SDSU enjoys. Just look at their game chats or their message board. Stu knows that an article about SDSU will get 10x the hits that one on any other school in the state.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X