X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ll|text|Summit League|s

Wow. that's all I can say. Wow.

Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

been debating asking him directly about it on today's live chat.. would be interesting how they would react... but today is about the women so not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      been debating asking him directly about it on today's live chat.. would be interesting how they would react... but today is about the women so not sure.
      do it... then let him know his journalistic efforts are not worthy of the d 1 level and he needs to stick to telling the whole state just how great O'Gorman is...

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
        The problem is that Stu doesn't even know what the big picture is when it comes to SDSU. All he knows is that he knows it all. Just listen to the women's post game. He had to interject his own personal opinion into a question about the Jacks end of game strategy.

I would visit the link and comment on it, but I refuse to support anything that "journalist" writes. He couldn't cut it in the big city world, so he has to come here and be insufferable. Just wish he wouldn't take it out on SDSU.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Even considering his past work, the depths he went to in that article really surprised me. It's hard not to feel like he was licking his chops waiting to use some of those lines as soon as SDSU was knocked out of the tournament. I kind of wrote it off before, but now it is clear he is way beyond being objective regarding SDSU. This guy has some issue with the school.

The fact that he wrote an article about SDSU's future and did not even mention what freshemen White and Dykstra did last night speaks volumes.

Comment

Usually I can look back on one of his gems and say "Yeah I can see that". Not here. The only thing I'll go with is why the heck did 6400 people show up Sunday night and a meager 5600 last night?

This team is one piece away from being one of the upper eschelon teams in the conference. We all know what piece that is. And if a guy like Colton Iverson or Cedric Lang would stick around here, we could take care of it. If he can't see the blossoming potential of Dykstra, he's blind.

Maybe he should go to the Great West tournament and watch USD and their foes and how badly they would get destroyed by the top 8 teams in the Summit League.

Or maybe he should just take his a$$ back to Michigan since he has such a hard on for everything there (except U of M).

Comment

This is one time I think Stu gets a free pass from me. He is being brutally honest. We dont have inside players who can make a difference. Dykstra is one guy and Heemstra will need to step up next year, both need to beef it up during the off season.

This is one area of personnel where we got to do some good recruiting. I think 19 wins for the season was an exceptional finish. I think Nagy was quoted that we hope to be where Oakland is now some time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                This is one time I think Stu gets a free pass from me. He is being brutally honest. We dont have inside players who can make a difference. Dykstra is one guy and Heemstra will need to step up next year, both need to beef it up during the off season.

This is one area of personnel where we got to do some good recruiting. I think 19 wins for the season was an exceptional finish. I think Nagy was quoted that we hope to be where Oakland is now some time soon.

Have you ever seen Dykstra play? He's a true freshman and an absolute beast...he took it right at Benson a few times last night...he's very good @ this point and will keep getting better. In 2 yrs SDSU will have 2 of the 5 best players in the league in Wolters & Dykstra.

Comment

Originally posted by minnesotarabbit View Post
                  Have you ever seen Dykstra play? He's a true freshman and an absolute beast...he took it right at Benson a few times last night...he's very good @ this point and will keep getting better. In 2 yrs SDSU will have 2 of the 5 best players in the league in Wolters & Dykstra.
                  Yes that 2 years from now, and not next year. I still feel we have some gaps to fill. Yes I have seen Dykstra play and am well aware he is a true freshman, but did he dominate Hudson and Benson last night? I dont think so, a few times does not settle a 20 pt difference in the score. How many points did Oakland get in the paint? I was not there but have picked up on comments from the Oakland board that they got a bunch of them.

Comment

You guys do realize that this thread is the exact reason why Stu writes crap like this don't you? He's looking for a reaction from his readers, and he's getting one.

Comment

Dykstra just set the SDSU single season 3pt % record by shooting over 50%as a 6'9" freshman. Yeah, I think he's going to be ok.

Comment

I have often thought that the typical SDSU fan was short sighted re. Stu but this time I agree. I did not see the game but this guy really does seem to have a vendetta against Nagy and SDSU. I could not find anything positive. I did not see the game and obviously the Jacks need to improve defensively but this article was a "gotcha" if I have ever seen one. The problem is no matter how the Jacks do in the future Stu wins. If we win conference next year all Stu will say is "they improved in the areas that I said they needed to." Nagy seems to be the loser here, no matter what he does people and Stu, will say "he finally made the adjustments he needed to after all these years."

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Yes that 2 years from now, and not next year. I still feel we have some gaps to fill. Yes I have seen Dykstra play and am well aware he is a true freshman, but did he dominate Hudson and Benson last night? I dont think so, a few times does not settle a 20 pt difference in the score. How many points did Oakland get in the paint? I was not there but have picked up on comments from the Oakland board that they got a bunch of them.

Yea, they did get a lot of points in the paint and offensive rebounds. No, Dykstra(a true freshman) didn't dominate against Benson(a Senior and 1st round NBA draft choice), but he did hold his own against someone that's going to make 7 figures next year. The future is very bright with Wolters and him.

Comment

[/U][/B]

The future is very bright with Wolters and him.
                            I do agree and the recruiting class for this year will hopefully land some more strength to go along. I re-read Stu's article and yeah he is a little tough on Coach Nagy, but like someone else posted, either way Stu wins, no matter how SDSU does in the coming season.

Comment

[/U][/B]

Yea, they did get a lot of points in the paint and offensive rebounds. No, Dykstra(a true freshman) didn't dominate against Benson(a Senior and 1st round NBA draft choice), but he did hold his own against someone that's going to make 7 figures next year. The future is very bright with Wolters and him.
                              I will tell you that last night, the way Dykstra was battling going toe to toe with Benson, I guarantee the NBA scouts there to watch Benson and Young, now have his name wrote down as someone to watch going forward. If they didn't know who he was before, he is on their radar now.

If he picks his D up going forward, he is going to be unstoppable.

Comment

Working...
                              X