Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Earlier last week, when TV and Stu came to Brookings to do a live video conference, I noticed that Coach Nagy was elsewhere and Coach Hansen sat in on his behalf. I have no idea what Coach Nagy's schedule was, but did Stu's prescence have anything with him being not available? Or was he just giving more exposure to Coach Hanson?. I often wondered how Coach Nagy has reacted to Stu's columns that are very critical of him. I hope he is not of the opinion that "you never get in a p*ss fight with a skunk" and is avoiding Stu. Maybe others can explain why Coach did not participate.
    He is a busy guy, I would not go out of my way if I was busy like him to have stu make, well, STUpid underhanded comments about me and my team.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wow. Stu somehow managed to figure out that Oakland is better than SDSU.

I'm suitably impressed.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Personally I feel people who still get the argus leader deleivered should cancel it and call the argus and say they are dropping reading the argus because of Stu, that if he is losing readers for the paper, maybe then he would have to quit writing pointless articles bashing nagy and SDSU. Stu has no clue in any of his writings. He fails to use facts and reason, and that is why readers do not respect him.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My bigger issue with this article is why print it today? I understand that they are trying to fill the paper, but on a day when the women are going for a third straight tournament appearance? Why try to bring down the fan base on a day that they should all be stoked for a tournament game?

He has the right to spew whatever he wants, but the timing by the Argus to publish it should be questioned. I guess that is why they are going in the tank.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think he made some points but he went so far that I can in no way say I agree entirely with that column.

That was really just a long winded and condescending way of saying the Jacks need to get more athletic and tougher defensively. It could definitely have been written in a different manner but of course then it wouldn't draw the reaction that he is looking for.

That said from what I've read of Stu, condescending and long winded seem to be the only style I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              My bigger issue with this article is why print it today? I understand that they are trying to fill the paper, but on a day when the women are going for a third straight tournament appearance? Why try to bring down the fan base on a day that they should all be stoked for a tournament game?

He has the right to spew whatever he wants, but the timing by the Argus to publish it should be questioned. I guess that is why they are going in the tank.
              If the women lose this afternoon, expect a similar article tomorrow.

How far the women have fallen, AJ has lost his magic, don't have the talent to compete, blah, blah, blah.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

On the general topic of the incompetence of Argus sportswriting staff other than Terry Vandrovec, I note that Zimmer, in the women's basketball live blog yesterday, attempted to claim that Augustana's basketball attendance was better than SDSU's this year.

The actual numbers for 2010-11, home game average attendance, from each school's web site:
                Augustana men: 1,224; Augustana women: 192;
                SDSU men: 2,503; SDSU women: 1,882;
                And, lest the Coyotes feel left out of consideration here:
                USD men: 1,454; USD women: 990.

Which leads me to my previous questioning of the basic competence of the Argus sportswriters. Except Vandrovec, who seems to have a clue.

UPDATE: I'm an idiot. These are numbers from the OTHER Augustana.

To repeat: I'm an idiot, here.
                Last edited by filbert; 03-08-2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: Stupid filbert.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                  Maybe Brennan Cougill? Former Heelan guy who is at JUCO now. He's more of an outside guy, but is like 6'9 and 270.
                  yeah thats him, except for hes lost 30 lbs and has learned some good post moves at Kirkwood CC. Saw something on him and UNI is recruiting him as well as SDSU the hardest, Iowa is still possible, as well as a few other big 10/big12 teams.

As far as the article, I'll agree he has a legit complaint about the crowd, though I'll say this, it was a monday, the weather wasn't near as good, and there was a lot of area high school games and this state loves its hs basketball for what its worth. But the team should sell out for a semi-final game.

But the rest you have to know something, and that Oakland is not just a good conference team, they are a good team in general, look at there Out of Conference schedule, they played a lot of good teams, won a couple, and were in most of the ones they lost. They are very athletic, they are very good shooters and they have a center who if not for an injury last spring probably would have left early for the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    On the general topic of the incompetence of Argus sportswriting staff other than Terry Vandrovec, I note that Zimmer, in the women's basketball live blog yesterday, attempted to claim that Augustana's basketball attendance was better than SDSU's this year.

The actual numbers for 2010-11, home game average attendance, from each school's web site:
                    Augustana men: 1,224; Augustana women: 192;
                    SDSU men: 2,503; SDSU women: 1,882;
                    And, lest the Coyotes feel left out of consideration here:
                    USD men: 1,454; USD women: 990.

Which leads me to my previous questioning of the basic competence of the Argus sportswriters. Except Vandrovec, who seems to have a clue.
                    Not sure where you got those #'s from Augies website. Here are the numbers I found:
                    ATTENDANCE SUMMARY (Augie Women)
                    HOME: 1799/game

ATTENDANCE SUMMARY (Augie Men)
                    HOME: 2498/game

But I will say this, there is no way Augie reports game attendence (actual butts in the seats).

Comment

Journalists unfortunately have large egos and don't care what others think about it,until people get fed up enough to where they start losing subcriptions ,then and only then will management step in and say tone it down a little.It's their "journalistic expression" holy grail they like to protect that allows jerks like Stu to survive.He picked the perfect profession.Thank our lucky stars Terry isn't like that.Too bad Stu's his boss though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Journalists unfortunately have large egos and don't care what others think about it,until people get fed up enough to where they start losing subcriptions ,then and only then will management step in and say tone it down a little.It's their "journalistic expression" holy grail they like to protect that allows jerks like Stu to survive.He picked the perfect profession.Thank our lucky stars Terry isn't like that.Too bad Stu's his boss though.
                        I'm glad you decided to make a pretty bold stereotype and lump all journalists in with Stu

I'm just curious to know how many journalists you have met where you can make this assumption regarding all journalists.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Not sure where you got those #'s from Augies website. Here are the numbers I found:

But I will say this, there is no way Augie reports game attendence (actual butts in the seats).
                          Even with these figures,we're comparing apples to oranges. Augie plays in a city with 5 times the population of Brookings. Put the Jacks and their Div. I schedule in Sioux Falls,and we would be looking at numbers much larger than this.

Comment

I just didn't like it because it seemed...premeditated.

Like, wait til they lose, I'm gonna let them have it.

What a douche. And I guess he's entitled to his opinion, but I can't really see any point in writing that article except, like someone said earlier...to get a reaction.

Stu, what respect I had for you...there wasn't much...is gone.

Comment

To be fair, Augustana's attendance was less than SDSU's. 2498 < 2503

I like Zimmer. He is pretty matter of fact, doesn't take a lot of cheap shots, and doesn't seem to bear a grudge in any of his writing.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Not sure where your numbers come from.

Mine come from:
                                Augie men: http://www.augustana.edu/athletics/m...1/teamcume.htm

Augie women: http://www.augustana.edu/athletics/w...1/teamcume.htm

Are you possibly looking at conference-only attendance numbers?
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X