Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, evidently Stu is still bitter...

Oakland losed their top two inside guys.. to my knowledge, the rest of the conference looks more like us in size than them.

Scott has 3 scholllies to give this spring yet... I know we are rumored to some athletic wing types. I'd bet we have interest in a former Big 10 Center who would probably do well in the Summit. Insert those guys with Dykstra and Wolters. Get supporting sparked play from Grif, Chad, Tony, Marcus, Stephenson, Brayden.....

Still some work to do... but movin up.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      I will tell you that last night, the way Dykstra was battling going toe to toe with Benson, I guarantee the NBA scouts there to watch Benson and Young, now have his name wrote down as someone to watch going forward. If they didn't know who he was before, he is on their radar now.

If he picks his D up going forward, he is going to be unstoppable.
      I agree.

While people are on Dykstra for his defense, they need to realize that he was forced into playing this year because of a lack of depth on the team. In a perfect world he and Heemestra would have red shirted this year and built strength as they got accustomed to DI ball. He has exceeded any expectations that we should have have for a true freshman post.

I think that both he and Heemestra are going to make huge gains this offseason and next year will be even more impressive. And, give White a full offseason of 100% health and he will be impressive as well...
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
        Oakland losed their top two inside guys.. to my knowledge, the rest of the conference looks more like us in size than them.

Scott has 3 scholllies to give this spring yet... I know we are rumored to some athletic wing types. I'd bet we have interest in a former Big 10 Center who would probably do well in the Summit. Insert those guys with Dykstra and Wolters. Get supporting sparked play from Grif, Chad, Tony, Marcus, Stephenson, Brayden.....

Still some work to do... but movin up.
        which former Big 10 center do you speak of?

Comment

Meh. Stu's entitled to his opinion. I think others have done a good job replying with facts here and in the comments on the AL Web site.

I'd prefer to think about the championship game today. A wise man on this board has often said, "Don't let Stu rent space in your head." Words to live by today.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I don't read Whitney's writings but after seeing this thread, I decided to read the column. For those of you who call for objectivity, keep in mind he's writing an opinion piece. (And, yes, for the wags among you, much of Whitney's writing is opinion, even when he supposed to be reporting.) Newspapers have traditionally reserved space for opinions. In theory, opinions juxtaposed to real news may help sell papers and can serve a worthwhile purpose ranging from entertainment to enlightenment.

I think the better question to pose to Whitney is: Why write that column. If you cut away the snide writing style, a point or two may have been made but they are points anyone with half a brain can make. Everyone can see Oakland is the class of the Summit League. All the other teams should strive to surpass what Oakland has done. Several of the teams may be capable of reaching that level and SDSU is certainly one of them.

Whitney once again wasted ink and paper with a column that did not inform, did not enlighten or cause any new or critical thinking, and was written in a manner that did not entertain or raise any emotion other than the ire of a few readers.

What an odd guy.

Comment

Look Stu wrote a piece about SDSU bball in a negative manner. This is akin to one of my kids showing me their waste in the toilet when they are done. They seem really proud of it at the time, I wrinkle my nose and feign interest and then it's all flushed where it belongs.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I think the better question to pose to Whitney is: Why write that column.
                Because he had already written a crowd column the day before.

I think he has three column ideas for the SDSU that he just recycles:
                1. Keith Benson
                2. Crowd
                3. Hating on the Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  I don't read Whitney's writings but after seeing this thread, I decided to read the column. For those of you who call for objectivity, keep in mind he's writing an opinion piece. (And, yes, for the wags among you, much of Whitney's writing is opinion, even when he supposed to be reporting.) Newspapers have traditionally reserved space for opinions. In theory, opinions juxtaposed to real news may help sell papers and can serve a worthwhile purpose ranging from entertainment to enlightenment.

I think the better question to pose to Whitney is: Why write that column. If you cut away the snide writing style, a point or two may have been made but they are points anyone with half a brain can make. Everyone can see Oakland is the class of the Summit League. All the other teams should strive to surpass what Oakland has done. Several of the teams may be capable of reaching that level and SDSU is certainly one of them.

Whitney once again wasted ink and paper with a column that did not inform, did not enlighten or cause any new or critical thinking, and was written in a manner that did not entertain or raise any emotion other than the ire of a few readers.

What an odd guy.
                  No, he didn't enlighten anyone. But he did get 21 comments to his column and bunch of people linking the article. In other words he succeeded in what he was trying to do, he got a reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Yes that 2 years from now, and not next year. I still feel we have some gaps to fill. Yes I have seen Dykstra play and am well aware he is a true freshman, but did he dominate Hudson and Benson last night? I dont think so, a few times does not settle a 20 pt difference in the score. How many points did Oakland get in the paint? I was not there but have picked up on comments from the Oakland board that they got a bunch of them.
                    This just in, Oakland got a lot of points from everywhere! Some of that has to do with our post presence, but most of it has to do with the fact they are really good!

Back to Stu-pid. I get the brutal honesty bit and we do have a ways to gobut this canned crap he has been waiting to bring out is pure high school level intellect. I do have to give him credit for having the talented writers on his staff cover the big beats. He doesn't have the game. Envoking a Williams and Ree reunion for a clever little quip? What is this? A standup routine? Not a mention of the game Dysktra had nor a mention of Chad White? Hard to believe he can have his fat ass at half court and not see the stuff they did.

It was sad to see the were going to crown Oakland from the word go. Disappointing that the Sports Editor for the state's largest (and arguably worst) paper had made the same pledge. I expected to open the paper this morning and see this crap. Stu-pid didn't disapppoint.

Everyone sees that SDSU is making big progress. Most importantly the coaches from all of the other teams in the league (who may know what they are talking about) are saying it. We have to due just what they say, continue to get bigger, stronger, and faster. I guess we all agree on that.

I hope the Jacks fans will let Stu have it today with some not so kind words, that is if the fat bastard shows up.

Off rant!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                      which former Big 10 center do you speak of?

Maybe Brennan Cougill? Former Heelan guy who is at JUCO now. He's more of an outside guy, but is like 6'9 and 270.

Comment

Earlier last week, when TV and Stu came to Brookings to do a live video conference, I noticed that Coach Nagy was elsewhere and Coach Hansen sat in on his behalf. I have no idea what Coach Nagy's schedule was, but did Stu's prescence have anything with him being not available? Or was he just giving more exposure to Coach Hanson?. I often wondered how Coach Nagy has reacted to Stu's columns that are very critical of him. I hope he is not of the opinion that "you never get in a p*ss fight with a skunk" and is avoiding Stu. Maybe others can explain why Coach did not participate.

Comment

He was recruiting

Comment

If anyone would like to start a chant "stu-pid whitney", id sure join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Earlier last week, when TV and Stu came to Brookings to do a live video conference, I noticed that Coach Nagy was elsewhere and Coach Hansen sat in on his behalf. I have no idea what Coach Nagy's schedule was, but did Stu's prescence have anything with him being not available? Or was he just giving more exposure to Coach Hanson?. I often wondered how Coach Nagy has reacted to Stu's columns that are very critical of him. I hope he is not of the opinion that "you never get in a p*ss fight with a skunk" and is avoiding Stu. Maybe others can explain why Coach did not participate.
                              I believe that Austin said during that chat that Nagy was out watching players.

Nagy is the type of guy that wouldn't let someone as small time as Stu bother him.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Stu, go eat a bowl of yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X