Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2005 Recruits`

How about for 2006..
    The Jacks have made contact with Tate Pesicka of Yankton. He is a junior that just made all ESD. The kid is a shooter!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
      Good Pub, How does she look.
      She is the star of the team. She is fast and can step out and shoot the three. Neither team is playng that well right now.

Comment

Over on the 2006 Recruits we reported Jacks have a committment for both the Men and Women.

Women: Maria Boever 6'0 Worthington, MN
        Men: Thomas Bassett 6'5 Denison, IA

Comment

Mike H during his broadcast mentioned that AJ was in Yankton at the State AA semifinals. I wonder who he was looking at. I watched some of the Yankton/Roosevelt game and Yankton's PG i believe her name was Walsh (can't remember for sure) was easily the most athletic girl on the court. Does anybody know any more about her (junior/senior?).

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Andrea Walsh is a junior. The best kid in the tourney for the future, in my opinion, is Liz Helsper from Brookings. She is a 5'10 sophmore. Very athletic and a really good shooter. There is also a 6'1" soph from Pierre that got better each game. Her name is Sierra Moeller. She can run the floor very well for a girl her size, and is already much stronger than Courtney Grimsrud. I don't know how she will turn out, but she is one to watch.

Comment

Jenifer Warkenthien from Willow Lake almost won the state b's by herself from the sound of things.

Comment

Toss in Ketty Corneman, 5'11" junior from Yankton, and Jennifer Schuttloffel, 5'11" soph from Roosevelt, as girls to keep an eye on in the future.

Comment

MikeH you did a good job covering the girls AA. During the game you said something about Fred Tibbetts. You quoted Tibbetts as saying if people don't like me they don't know me, or something like that. Evidently the fans were booing him. Some probably remember Tibbetts from a couple years ago sitting courtside a Frost Arena with a big "Hate State" shirt on. I guess from something like that people do form an opinion of Tibbetts.

Comment

Jacks 2005 recruit Stacie Oistad of Sartell, MN scored 20 points and led her team to a 3rd place finish in the class 3A. Her and Maria Boever made the all- tourney team.

Comment

• Re: 2005 Recruits`

Originally posted by twism
                      Jenifer Warkenthien from Willow Lake almost won the state b's by herself from the sound of things.

Apparently, her sister an 8th grader, also sees playing time. My understanding is that she will be the better player in the long run. I think thats hard to predict. We have a pretty good connection in Willow Lake and I hope we could get these girls if we desired.

BTW, congrats to the Hamlin Chargers state A champs. No suprise to hear a West Central coach whine about a loss instead of giving credit where its due.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Blake Yackley scored 25 of Sully Buttes 56 points in their semi-final loss to Elkton.  He was 9 of 17 from the field (3 of 9 from 3pt land) and 4 for 4 from the stripe.  He also led his team with 6 rebounds.  He is going to look good in the Yellow and Blue.  8)  

Go State!  ;D  

Comment

It looks like Dan Bohall of Sioux City East who was just named to the 4A first team has narrowed his college choices down to Oral Roberts or walking on at Iowa State. He was 3rd in voting for Mr Basketball in Iowa. His teamate and another Jack recruiting target Roman Gentry was also named to the first team in Iowa's largest class as a Junior.

Comment

I think many of us knew she was coming to State, but some good pub. none the less.  It also looks like we are taking on the Badgers of the Big 10 next year, and I don't think I knew that.  Here are highlights from a story out of Oshkosh, WI.

http://www.wisinfo.com/northwestern/...20356542.shtml

Posted Mar. 24, 2005

Meier wants to become a Jackrabbit

Will sign with S.D. State
                            By John Casper Jr.

of The Northwestern

If Oshkosh West senior Morgan Meier didn’t get her fill of playing in Madison as a member of the two-time state champion Wildcats, she’ll have one more crack next season.

Meier gave an oral commitment to play basketball at South Dakota State University, a Division I school in Brookings, S.D.

“They’re independent, so they play all over the place,” Meier said. “I’ll get to play in the Kohl Center next year.”

Getting a chance to play against the University of Wisconsin wasn’t the only reason.

The Jackrabbits moved to Division I in the fall of 2004. The women’s basketball team compiled a 21-7 overall record, and an 8-7 mark against other Division I schools, including victories over Kentucky, Alabama, UW-Milwaukee and Northern Illinois, the school of choice for Jessie Wilcox, Meier’s teammate at Oshkosh West the last four seasons.

“They don’t play them next year,” Meier said. “But the schedule changes from year to year.”

The Jackrabbits, under coach Aaron Johnston, advanced to the quarterfinals of the Division II national tournament three times, and won the 2003 national title.

“They are all really cool girls, and the coaches were awesome,” Meier said. “Everything just seemed to mesh.”

Meier was a four-year member of the girls basketball team at Oshkosh West, participating in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association state tournament four times and winning it all as a sophomore and junior.

This past season, she averaged 10.7 points and 7.0 rebounds per game for the Wildcats, who lost in a state quarterfinal to DeForest.

The style of basketball employed by the Jackrabbits is much different than the Wildcats.

South Dakota State likes to push the ball up the floor, and the team takes a lot of 3-pointers.

“They do a lot of fast breaks,” Meier said. “It’s really high tempo, it’s really fast and I like that.”

While the pace on the court may be fast and furious, the campus life, at first glance, may be anything but. Brookings, located in eastern South Dakota and an hour north of Sioux Falls, doesn’t have the most glamorous of surroundings.

“It’s a lot like (Oshkosh),” Meier said. “It’s a small city but there is still stuff around to do. It wasn’t too bad.”

Meier plans to major in interior design, a program that the school offers, and if that doesn’t work out, she’ll do something with art.  .  .  .

She’s the fifth member of the Oshkosh West girls basketball team to commit to a Division I school in the last three years. Meredith Onson played one year at Boston University before transferring to UW-Milwaukee. Nicole Almberg signed with the Panthers out of high school but knee injuries forced her to give up basketball. Last year, Savanna Anderson signed with Marquette and this past year Wilcox signed with Northern Illinois.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I assume Nagy and Larson will be at Hoopstars Midwest's Senior Showcase which is held in conjunction with the Final Four in St Louis. 120 unsigned seniors from the Midwest compete at McKendree College in Lebannon Illinois in front of JC,DI,DII and DIII coaches on April 2nd. Also Natl JC allstar game held there. Good opportunity to see some unsigned talent!

Comment

I see a couple freshmen from the University of Minnesota are transfering. Is there any room for them at State?

Comment

Working...
                                X