2005 Recruits`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2005 Recruits`

I have to say that with the signing of Jose Frias we put to rest a couple of myths that certain board antagonists have posted.  Namely sports-buff's wild rumors that the whole team was transfering (looks like Steve Holdren the poster is legitimate) and Big Jake's oft mentioned assertion that SDSU would not be able to recruit kids from big cities.  Can't get much bigger of a city then New York.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      I have to say that with the signing of Jose Frias we put to rest a couple of myths that certain board antagonists have posted.  Namely sports-buff's wild rumors that the whole team is transfering (looks like Scott Holdren the poster is legitimate) and Big Jake's oft mentioned assertion that SDSU would not be able to recruit kids from big cities.  Can't get much bigger of a city then New York.  

Go State!  ;D

... Steve Holdren the poster...
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

opps, that is what I meant.  I have made the correction.  :-[

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Does anyone know how many scholarship's we have left for 2005/2006. I'm assuming Keller, DeWaard and Yackley are the non-scholarship players on the roster? If Green has departed I think we have another one.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Keller is on a scholarship

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
              I'm pretty sure Keller is on a scholarship
              No in his Bio it indicates he is a walkon.

Comment

Hmmm, I was misinformed. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

I'm also not sure about Mackensie Casey as I don't recall him signing a letter of intent last year. If Casey is not on scholarship I count 6 scholarship players on the roster plus 5 new scholarship players coming in.

Comment

He may have earned a scholarship while being here. It seems a little unusal to me to redshirt a walk on.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I'm still a little unclear of the schollie rules & regulations, The way I understand it is now that we are D1, we can no longer give out partials only full rides? This is different from when we were D2. Is this correct ? How many total schollies do we have now 12-13?

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        He may have earned a scholarship while being here.  It seems a little unusal to me to redshirt a walk on.

Go State!  ;D
                        It's actually not unusual at all in the DI ranks. If a player did not warrant a scholarship than their is probably aspects of their game they need to work on and why give up a year of eligibility if your not going to see the floor anyway. I count 15 players on the roster and would assume we are done for this year.

Casey,Keller,Hornby,Kleinjan,Frias,Cadwell,Gilbert ,DeWaard,Holdren,Yackley,Beran,Loney,Berte,Bilitz, Engen.

Comment

13 scholarships is the Men's D-I max (not sure if we are at the max yet)  and the way I understand it we can not split scholarships at the D-I level.  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I gotta say I am very pleased with our recruiting class.  Coach Nagy, Larson and the rest of the staff did an outstanding job, and I am really looking forward to next season!

Go State!  ;D

Comment

[quote author=bub94
                              Frias averaged 11 points, 5 assists and 2.8 steals per game for a 15-13 JC team in the 2003-04 season. He did not play during the past season, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.

[/quote]

Why didn't he play last year? Was he hurt or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                                I'm still a little unclear of the schollie rules & regulations, The way I understand it is now that we are D1, we can no longer give out partials only full rides? This is different from when we were D2. Is this correct ? How many total schollies do we have now 12-13?
                                My understanding of the way it works:

We can give a partial scholarship, but it will count as a full against the maximum allowed for the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X