Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stretch Run

Originally posted by StefaniGermanotta View Post
    Just something to note: Two of our biggest losses came against NDSU and UMKC at home when Sargent shot 4-17 and 3-14.
    Yes,both those games he took too many shots,13 possessions are a lot to come away with no points.If you can't shoot above 33%,then let someone who can, shoot.But, on the other hand,when he's shooting well, he gives us a lot of points,and gets his teammates fired up.He should have at least 10 shots a game though, because you never know if he'll start lighting it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Yes,both those games he took too many shots

I don't know if I completely agree with that. I missed the UMKC game, but during the NDSU game he got good looks and they just didn't fall. I have no problem with a shooter of his caliber shooting that much. Even if some of the shots feel forced, they are shots he can hit.

And I don't think StefaniGermanotta was trying to make the point that we are screwed when Clint leaves (though, I think she/he/it may have said something about Clint and Dale leaving in the crowd thread), I think his/her point was that when Clint doesn't shoot well, we are going to lose. In my opinion, he is the most important person going into the stretch run.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I don't know if I completely agree with that. I missed the UMKC game, but during the NDSU game he got good looks and they just didn't fall. I have no problem with a shooter of his caliber shooting that much. Even if some of the shots feel forced, they are shots he can hit.

And I don't think StefaniGermanotta was trying to make the point that we are screwed when Clint leaves (though, I think she/he/it may have said something about Clint and Dale leaving in the crowd thread), I think his/her point was that when Clint doesn't shoot well, we are going to lose. In my opinion, he is the most important person going into the stretch run.
        I agree with you too,we don't want him passing up wide open shots.But someone not hitting their shots will probably be more loosely guarded than someone who is.Its up to the shooter ultimately to decide whether or not he feels like he's helping the team or not by taking shots.I think he's an important part of our offense, and i think he should at least take about 10 shots a game whether he's hitting them or not.

Comment

I would like to webstream the last three games so I can watch them on my home PC. If i purchase the package through gojacks.com will they provide video from all three games?

Or should i sign up through the summit league all pass?
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            I would like to webstream the last three games so I can watch them on my home PC. If i purchase the package through gojacks.com will they provide video from all three games?

From what I can see, they aren't on there. The last full game is vs. Centenary on 1/6, and there are a bunch missing. Disappointing. Unfortunately, I think the Summit League all pass doesn't exist anymore, and the Summit League's page directs you to individual school pages, unless I'm missing something.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I was just stating that the rabbits should have switched their game plan instead of letting the poor shooting continue. Against UMKC Clint's teammates folded up and he continued shooting where as against NDSU the rabbits didn't stick to fundamentals and box out.

Comment

I was thinking during that game "Why does he keep putting it up", but after reflecting after the game, I can't think of any shots that I really thought he forced. He was getting exactly the types of looks our offense is designed to get for him. He is supposed to shoot those shots.

If I had one beef in that game, I would have liked to have seen our guys drive to the lane more. UNKC had a couople of their bigs in jeaprody of foul Trouble in the first half. It seemed on a lot of our three point shots, there was an opportunity to drive towards the hoop to get a better look, or possibly draw defenders & fouls.

Comment

Originally posted by StefaniGermanotta View Post
                  I was just stating that the rabbits should have switched their game plan instead of letting the poor shooting continue. Against UMKC Clint's teammates folded up and he continued shooting where as against NDSU the rabbits didn't stick to fundamentals and box out.
                  THIS!!!!

Comment

After tonight it looks more and more like we will get either IPFW or UMKC in the first round in Sioux Falls. A look at the contenders behind Oakland. *****

ORU (11-5) REMAINING GAMES: IUPUI, WIU. That IUPUI game will almost certainly decide second seed.
                    IUPUI (10-5) UMKC, @ORU, @Centenary. ORU game will almost certainly decide second seed.
                    SDSU (10-6) @Oakland, @NDSU. Win both and we probably have no lower than third seed locked up, with either UMKC or IPFW the sixth seed. Win in Fargo only and the seed is probably fourth and the opponents are still likely to be one of those two. Ditto with going 0-2 the rest of the way, though our seed could drop to five. Best reasonable scenario appears to be a third seed with us winning out and IUPUI dropping games with UMKC at home and ORU on the road.
                    IPFW (9-6) NDSU, @SUU, @UMKC. Last game could decide between a seed as high as third and as low as sixth.
                    UMKC (9-6) @IUPUI, Oakland, IPFW. See IPFW.
                    NDSU (7-9) @IPFW, SDSU ........Most likely Bizon scenario is a seventh seed and either ORU or IUPUI in the first round. Slight chance Jacks get them in first round if UMKC beats IUPUI, we win out, and ORU loses out.
                    SUU (5-10) Clinched eighth tonight, could get seventh by winning out and Bison losing out. @WIU, IPFW, Oakland

***** Centenary's best shot at a win is next Thursday on their home court when WIU comes to town. WIU eked out a 57-51 win Dec. 4, one of their two Summit wins. The other? NDSU.

Comment

The only difference between a 4 seed and a 5 seed is the color of the uniform . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        The only difference between a 4 seed and a 5 seed is the color of the uniform . . .
                        I'm pretty jacked up to see us wear the black once in Sioux Falls.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

It is worth noting something here . . .

SDSU has a chance--a chance--at a 20-win regular season.

And this is, to everybody involved, fans, coaches, team, everybody, considered merely a stepping stone--something to build on for the future--and not nearly where we want and expect our basketball program to be, on a regular basis.

Prospective recruits take note . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wasn't sure where to post this but here is a short little article from espn talking about Oaklands chances at an at large bid. Also mentions summit tourny in sioux falls. Feel free to move and sorry if it has already been posted.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=6128729

Comment

Most of the road games are NOT on GoJacks. There have been a select few that have been this year - Southern Utah, UMKC are the only two I think. I wouldn't count on Oakland or NDSU being on GoJacks.

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

Comment

Originally posted by smoothjack View Post
                                Wasn't sure where to post this but here is a short little article from espn talking about Oaklands chances at an at large bid. Also mentions summit tourny in sioux falls. Feel free to move and sorry if it has already been posted.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=6128729
                                Yet another reason Kampe and Oakland should have their boys playing in Saturday's Bracket Busters. There was an article posted on here earlier about how Kampe is now regretting that decision. One more OOC "good win" might have made the difference.

Let's just hope they are begging for an at-large bid come Mar. 13th (Selection Sunday) because the Jackrabbits already are in the field!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X