Stretch Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch Run

Southern Utah could have given us a big boost but blew it at the end against UMKC. Even with Oakland's loss tonight, they are almost sure to be the No. 1 seed.
    After Oakland, it gets interesting; we could realistically end up anywhere from a 4th to 7th seed:
    IUPUI (9-3) Probably not catchable for Jacks; remaining schedule: @SDSU, @NDSU, SUU, UMKC, @ORU, @Centenary
    IPFW (9-4) Beating them on road could give us a decent shot at fourth if we take care of business elsewhere. @Oakland, SDSU, NDSU, @SUU, @UMKC.
    ORU (8-5) Jacks' two close losses really hurt here. Soft schedule rest of the way. @UMKC, @SUU, @ Centenary, IUPUI, WIU.
    UMKC (7-5). Tough remaining schedule makes them eminently catchable. Still, home loss to them REALLY hurt. ORU, Centenary, @WIU, @IUPUI, Oakland, IPFW.
    SDSU (7-6) Beating IUPUI at home and NDSU on road essential to avoid a seventh seed. IUPUI, WIU, @IPFW, @Oakland, @NDSU.
    NDSU (6-7) Who knows which Bizun team shows up? WIU, IUPUI, @Oakland, @IPFW, SDSU.

Re: Stretch Run

Predicted on January 23rd: And now where they stand.

Oakland 18-0 Oakland 12-1
    IUPUI 12-6 IUPUI 9-3
    Oral Roberts 12-6 IPFW 9-4
    IPFW 12-6 Oral Roberts 8-5
    NDSU 10-8 UMKC 7-5
    SDSU 9-9 SDSU 7-6
    UMKC 7-11 NDSU 6-7
    S. Utah 5-13 S. Utah 3-9
    W. Illinois 3-15 W. Illinois 2-10
    Centenary 0-18 Centenary 0-13

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Southern Utah could have given us a big boost but blew it at the end against UMKC. Even with Oakland's loss tonight, they are almost sure to be the No. 1 seed.
      After Oakland, it gets interesting; we could realistically end up anywhere from a 4th to 7th seed:
      IUPUI (9-3) Probably not catchable for Jacks; remaining schedule: @SDSU, @NDSU, SUU, UMKC, @ORU, @Centenary
      IPFW (9-4) Beating them on road could give us a decent shot at fourth if we take care of business elsewhere. @Oakland, SDSU, NDSU, @SUU, @UMKC.
      ORU (8-5) Jacks' two close losses really hurt here. Soft schedule rest of the way. @UMKC, @SUU, @ Centenary, IUPUI, WIU.
      UMKC (7-5). Tough remaining schedule makes them eminently catchable. Still, home loss to them REALLY hurt. ORU, Centenary, @WIU, @IUPUI, Oakland, IPFW.
      SDSU (7-6) Beating IUPUI at home and NDSU on road essential to avoid a seventh seed. IUPUI, WIU, @IPFW, @Oakland, @NDSU.
      NDSU (6-7) Who knows which Bizun team shows up? WIU, IUPUI, @Oakland, @IPFW, SDSU.
      Great insight. I think you nailed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Just in the crowd View Post
        Great insight. I think you nailed it!
        Good post.

As far as where we end up in the seedings, if we can't get up to the 3 seed, wouldn't we be better off at 6 or 7? I would like to avoid Oakland as long as possible. I know in order to win it all we would more than likely have to play them at some point but personally I would rather it not be in the 2nd round.

Comment

A 4th or 5th seed puts on Oaklands side of the bracket. In a tournament that plays true to form, a 6th seed plays 3,2,1 on the way to the championship and the 7th seed plays 2,3,1...... so I'm not sure it really matters as long as we are playing well going in.

I still think that if you have to play Oakland, I would rather play them on day 1 when our jumpshooting legs are the freshest. The deeper we go, the more we get tired and the more our outside shooting will likely suffer. I've always felt that the team with the deeper front line who bangs away gets stronger as the tournament goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
            Good post.

As far as where we end up in the seedings, if we can't get up to the 3 seed, wouldn't we be better off at 6 or 7? I would like to avoid Oakland as long as possible. I know in order to win it all we would more than likely have to play them at some point but personally I would rather it not be in the 2nd round.
            excellent point. This is what is going to make this tournament super intereesting this year. Oakland's loss last night, psychologiclally, was big, in that it showed other teams they are beatable away from their home court.

Comment

excellent point. This is what is going to make this tournament super intereesting this year. Oakland's loss last night, psychologiclally, was big, in that it showed other teams they are beatable away from their home court.
              Unfortunately,it also reduces the chances of them coming into the tournament fat,happy and over-confident.

Comment

Id like to see the standings at the end of the year be what they are today. We would be 6th seed and play IPFW in the first round.

Comment

The Jacks are one team that knows they can play tough with Oakland. Until Saturday we were the last team to beat them and have given them their toughest games. That being said, let's play them Saturday. That would mean two things. That we won a couple games and we have a chance to wear Cinderella's slipper.

SUPPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I really see the Jacks ending up with a 7th seed. Is that really all that bad though? Get to play either IUPUI (we played them tough on the raod with a 2nd half lead) or IPFW (a team we blew out at Frost). As a 7 seed we would get a day off before the semis AND not have to play Oakland until the finals. If we lose to IUPUI on Thursday and @ NDSU isn't a 7 about the best we could do?

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                      I really see the Jacks ending up with a 7th seed. Is that really all that bad though? Get to play either IUPUI (we played them tough on the raod with a 2nd half lead) or IPFW (a team we blew out at Frost). As a 7 seed we would get a day off before the semis AND not have to play Oakland until the finals. If we lose to IUPUI on Thursday and @ NDSU isn't a 7 about the best we could do?
                      No way this happens unless we lose to NDSU.We do not want that to happen.

Comment

I just think a team this young needs to end the season on some really high notes. Am I saying they need to end the season like they started it? Probably. Will they? I hope so. Every game left on their schedule is winnable.
                        Do I want them to beat Oakland? I'm not sure. If they beat Oakland and meet in the tournament Oakland may not take us as lightly maybe. Also it's hard to beat a team three times....something Oakland will have going against them a lot in this tournament. On the other hand beating Oakland will give these guys a lot of confidence to be sure.

Will really be interesting to see how this all plays out!
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          I just think a team this young needs to end the season on some really high notes. Am I saying they need to end the season like they started it? Probably. Will they? I hope so. Every game left on their schedule is winnable.
                          Do I want them to beat Oakland? I'm not sure. If they beat Oakland and meet in the tournament Oakland may not take us as lightly maybe. Also it's hard to beat a team three times....something Oakland will have going against them a lot in this tournament. On the other hand beating Oakland will give these guys a lot of confidence to be sure.

Will really be interesting to see how this all plays out!
                          I'd rather see us make a strong push, get to 10 wins and see where that seeds us. There is absolutely no doubt that is the coaches and teams philosophy. Get a big win Thursday and Saturday at home and then hit the road and try to do the same.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

IUPUI(close), WIU(going away), @IPFW(close), @Oakland(close), @NDSU(close).

You heard it here first.

Someone needs to make that "cool" smiley with some blue and yellow glasses.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here's where it stands. Two wins separates 2nd and 7th place.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...gue-conference

Who should I cheer for on Saturday, NDSU or IUPUI.

Part of me still holds out hope for a third place finish, so as much as I hate to see NDSU win, I will be cheering for the Bison.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X