Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stretch Run

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    IUPUI(close), WIU(going away), @IPFW(close), @Oakland(close), @NDSU(close).

You heard it here first.

Someone needs to make that "cool" smiley with some blue and yellow glasses.
    1 for 1. Although it wasn't close.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      Here's where it stands. Two wins separates 2nd and 7th place.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...gue-conference

Who should I cheer for on Saturday, NDSU or IUPUI.

Part of me still holds out hope for a third place finish, so as much as I hate to see NDSU win, I will be cheering for the Bison.
      We need to win Saturday and at NDSU for sure. IPFW is going to be tough on the road and Oakland is Oakland.

If we finish with 7 losses wil be a 4 or 5 seed. Lose an 8th game and we are probably a 6 seed.

#1 Oakland
      #2 IUPUI
      #3 ORU
      #4/#5 SDSU/IPFW
      #6/#7 NDSU/UMKC
      #8 SUU

Any way it shakes out we'll be playing Sunday. I guess I'd rather see us playing well and finishing as high a seed as possible even if that means Oakland in the 2nd round.

Woman will be playing on Sunday for sure. Still plan on going up Friday night to enjoy the Ramada water park.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        IUPUI(close), WIU(going away), @IPFW(close), @Oakland(close), @NDSU(close).

You heard it here first.

Someone needs to make that "cool" smiley with some blue and yellow glasses.
        2 for 2. Lets keep this thing rolling!
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

With Oakland and SUU setting themselves up to meet in Sioux Falls, the scramble for 2-7 seeds got more interesting this weekend. Our friends in Fargo did us no favors dropping that home game to IUPUI.
          The situation:

IUPUI (10-4) Jacks need help to catch these guys. remaining schedule: SUU, UMKC, @ORU, @Centenary
          ORU (10-5) Darn those two close losses! @ Centenary, IUPUI, WIU.
          IPFW (9-5) Beating them on road could give us a very good shot at fourth or better and would make that Fargo regular season closer even bigger. SDSU, NDSU, @SUU, @UMKC.
          SDSU (9-6) BIG game Thursday. Jacks, NDSU and UMKC have the toughest remaining schedules. Win and we most likely have no lower than fifth seed locked up. Lose, and seventh is possible. @IPFW, @Oakland, @NDSU.
          UMKC (8-6). Home loss to these guys was second worst of year. If we'd held the home court, we'd be in a legitimate fight for second seed. @WIU, @IUPUI, Oakland, IPFW.
          NDSU (7-8) We win in Fargo and it virtually guarantees them a seventh seed. @Oakland, @IPFW, SDSU.

Comment

for us guys that arn't very smart could you explain how NDSU has the toughest schedule left when you play the same teams that they do and you play them at their place. Plus, have you ever beaten them? Yet they have the toughest schedule????????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
              for us guys that arn't very smart could you explain how NDSU has the toughest schedule left when you play the same teams that they do and you play them at their place. Plus, have you ever beaten them? Yet they have the toughest schedule????????????????????????????????
              I believe he said the Jacks,NDSU and UMKC have the toughest schedules left,not just NDSU.

Comment

!. Toughest scheduleS, plural.
                2. Really, worthy of 32 ?
                3. And yes, we have beaten them 94 times, 16 during the Nagy era.

Comment

Please read NOVA's post again.

Comment

Reading what you want to read, FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      We need to win Saturday and at NDSU for sure. IPFW is going to be tough on the road and Oakland is Oakland.

If we finish with 7 losses wil be a 4 or 5 seed. Lose an 8th game and we are probably a 6 seed.

#1 Oakland
                      #2 IUPUI
                      #3 ORU
                      #4/#5 SDSU/IPFW
                      #6/#7 NDSU/UMKC
                      #8 SUU

Any way it shakes out we'll be playing Sunday. I guess I'd rather see us playing well and finishing as high a seed as possible even if that means Oakland in the 2nd round.

Woman will be playing on Sunday for sure. Still plan on going up Friday night to enjoy the Ramada water park.
                      4/5 seed would play on Saturday and the winner taking on the 1/8 seed winner, which is also Saturday. My bad. The 2/7 seeds would be the other Sat. game, not the 4/5.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        I believe he said the Jacks,NDSU and UMKC have the toughest schedules left,not just NDSU.
                        Well, he did say to explain it for guys who aren't very smart....soooooo....I guess we did!
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          4/5 seed would play on Saturday and the winner taking on the 1/8 seed winner, which is also Saturday. My bad. The 2/7 seeds would be the other Sat. game, not the 4/5.
                          I'm not sure I understand this post 1B, but just in case I'm too dumb to explain it any better, the women's 1/8 and 2/7 are Saturday afternoon, and the men's 1/8 and 2/7 are Saturday evening.

Here's the complete schedule:
                          Men's Schedule
                          March 5 Quarterfinals
                          G1: No. 1 seed vs. No. 8 seed, 6 p.m.
                          G2: No. 2 seed vs. No. 7 seed, 8:30 p.m.
                          March 6 Quarterfinals
                          G3: No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed, 6 p.m.
                          G4: No. 3 seed vs. No. 6 seed, 8:30 p.m.
                          March 7 Semifinals
                          G5: G1 Winner vs. G3 Winner, 6 p.m.
                          G6: G2 Winner vs. G4 Winner, 8:30 p.m.
                          March 8 Championship
                          G5 Winner vs. G6 Winner, 8 p.m. [TV: ESPN2]
                          Men's Printable Bracket (PDF)

Women's Schedule
                          March 5 Quarterfinals
                          G1: No. 1 seed vs. No. 8 seed, noon
                          G2: No. 2 seed vs. No. 7 seed, 2:30 p.m.
                          March 6 Quarterfinals
                          G3: No. 4 seed vs. No. 5 seed, noon
                          G4: No. 3 seed vs. No. 6 seed, 2:30 p.m.
                          March 7 Semifinals
                          G5: G1 Winner vs. G3 Winner, noon
                          G6: G2 Winner vs. G4 Winner, 2:30 p.m.
                          March 8 Championship
                          G5 Winner vs. G6 Winner, 3 p.m. [TV: ESPNU]

Comment

Should be,
                            SESSION ONE:Sat Mar 5
                            Womens no 1 seed vs no 8 seed .....noon?
                            Womens no 2 seed vs no.7 seed.......2:30?

SESSION TWO: Sat Mar 5
                            Mens # 1 seed vs #8 seed.....6pm?
                            Mens #2 seed vs # 7 seed.....8:30pm?

SESSION THREE:Sun Mar 6
                            Womens # 4 seed vs # 5......noon?
                            Womens # 3 seed vs # 6.....2:30?

SESSION FOUR:Sun Mar 6
                            Mens #4 seed vs # 5......6PM?
                            Mens # 3 vs #6 ............8:30PM?

MARCH 7
                            SESSION FIVE:Womens semi-finals,noon and 2:30
                            SESSION SIX: Mens semi-finals, 6 and 8:30PM

MARCH 8
                            SESSION SEVEN: Womens championship ,3 pm
                            SESSION EIGHT: Mens championship ,7 PM

This is copied from newspaper cut-out i kept from 2009 tournament, just changed the dates.

Comment

I have a question to pose to the forum. If someone would happen to upset Oakland in the conference tournament, would their years with Benson and company be considered wasted? Obviously they have been the best team in the Summit for, at least, the last 4 years but only have the one tourny championship? This is not meant as smack, since I hope one day the Jacks can be just as successful.

Or is the one appearance just a great example of how special a birth in the big dance is?
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                I have a question to pose to the forum. If someone would happen to upset Oakland in the conference tournament, would their years with Benson and company be considered wasted? Obviously they have been the best team in the Summit for, at least, the last 4 years but only have the one tourny championship? This is not meant as smack, since I hope one day the Jacks can be just as successful.

Or is the one appearance just a great example of how special a birth in the big dance is?
                                Well in the seasons that NDSU and ORU won the tournament I'd say they had better teams than Oakland so I don't know how anything could be considered wasted when that is the case.

If they got upset maybe you could say that, I guess it would depend on who beats them and when.

Comment

Working...
                                X