Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Recruiting List

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
    If his decisions are based on a twinkle in Grandpa's eye - to the Sue he goes.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news...cc4c03286.html
    Can't wait to see him get crushed by D-lineman or LB wearing a Jackrabbit uniform. Give a commitment, reassure the program you are committed, then at the last minute change your mind. I know Stig is disappointed and he should be. There was likely a better person who would have ended up a Jackrabbit and we didn't get the chance to find that out (maybe I'm being too harsh).
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      ... His talent seems too good for U of Mary D2 Northern Sun Conference. The Northern Sun scholarship limits are 24 and are often split several ways so I suspect they have not promised him much athletic money, but will have to rely on Pell grants etc. I do not blame him for not signing. I would hope our staff is aware of Anthony.

From what I am hearing that is exactly the case, but don't worry I am emailing coach as we speak, it can't hurt to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Can't wait to see him get crushed by D-lineman or LB wearing a Jackrabbit uniform. Give a commitment, reassure the program you are committed, then at the last minute change your mind. I know Stig is disappointed and he should be. There was likely a better person who would have ended up a Jackrabbit and we didn't get the chance to find that out (maybe I'm being too harsh).
        I think that it is a bit harsh. SDSU only offered a partial, UND offered a full-ride with a probably decent chance to see playing time. UND was a better chance for him.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          Maybe someone form AZ could make them aware....

On it!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I think that it is a bit harsh. SDSU only offered a partial, UND offered a full-ride with a probably decent chance to see playing time. UND was a better chance for him.
            I thought so too, but I do know our staff is very disappointed and feel like they were done a disservice in this situation. I understand that its about what is best for the young man and if a full ride and a chance to play right away are all he is about than he did make the right choice. We're looking for a team player that will sacrifice and work his way into the system. If the chance to play for a great coach, in a great system, and work hard to get on the field aren't in his best interest than he probably is in the right place.

Still can't wait to see a Jackrabbit squash him and his green uniform.

I guess I am being harsh, oh well. I probably shouldn't expect people to keep their word. Their just words anyways.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

If he didn't have family ties with UND I would be more upset. We also picked up the kid that Colorado released after he had actually signed,so we were on both sides of some unique situations.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                If his decisions are based on a twinkle in Grandpa's eye - to the Sue he goes.

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news...cc4c03286.html

It doesn't bother me that he went there but that just made me puke. I would have been more upset over the Andrews kid. He really looks like a player.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

sure didnt hear any complaining when sherlock verbaled to usd and then came to sdsu!

I dont blame the kid. If the coaches felt he was so great, they would have offered more.

As for the rb from az, if the coaches found the other kid from the same school, dont ya think they would be aware? If the kid is that good, dont ya think some d2 school in that area would have given some offer also? The only offer is from u of mary? how many d2 schools are there between az and nd anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by 2o1o View Post
                    sure didnt hear any complaining when sherlock verbaled to usd and then came to sdsu!

I dont blame the kid. If the coaches felt he was so great, they would have offered more.

As for the rb from az, if the coaches found the other kid from the same school, dont ya think they would be aware? If the kid is that good, dont ya think some d2 school in that area would have given some offer also? The only offer is from u of mary? how many d2 schools are there between az and nd anyway?
                    Not talking about those guys. I'm looking at it from SDSU's perspective. The young man made his decision and I have little doubt that he understood the consequences. Those consequences included me wanting someone to crush him on the field, not hurt him, just crush him. Might be my competitive spirit coming through or perhaps I have a personality disorder. I think its a little of both.

Comment

Originally posted by 2o1o View Post

While recruiting is getting better out here in AZ there is still alot to be desired. Kids do get looked over here.

Comment

I thought so too, but I do know our staff is very disappointed and feel like they were done a disservice in this situation. I understand that its about what is best for the young man and if a full ride and a chance to play right away are all he is about than he did make the right choice. We're looking for a team player that will sacrifice and work his way into the system. If the chance to play for a great coach, in a great system, and work hard to get on the field aren't in his best interest than he probably is in the right place.

Still can't wait to see a Jackrabbit squash him and his green uniform.

I guess I am being harsh, oh well. I probably shouldn't expect people to keep their word. Their just words anyways.
                        Had he not been offered more money, he would have followed his verbal. Jacks didn't want to give him a full-ride, for whatever reason, so he went where it was offered.

Verbals are non-binding contracts. I don't see what the big deal is that he changed his mind. Teenagers do it all the time.

Comment

I challenge anyone to recall this young man's name four months from now, you know the one headed to UND. I forgotten already.

I seriously think we should try and see what we can do to get this Anthony Shivers kid here. He is too good to play for U of Mary.

Comment

I challenge anyone to recall this young man's name four months from now, you know the one headed to UND. I forgotten already.

I seriously think we should try and see what we can do to get this Anthony Shivers kid here. He is too good to play for U of Mary.
                            I imagine you can probably put Mr. Shivers name in the "recall his name in 4 months" category as well...just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              I imagine you can probably put Mr. Shivers name in the "recall his name in 4 months" category as well...just sayin...
                              No this young man seems to want to play football, the other guy well he backed out of a verbal and thats not the first time it happened at SDSU and certainly not the last time either. I did have to go back to Redhead's one post to get Shiver's name. Most of this years crop of recruits names are very unfamiliar, but give them a redshirt year and most names will stay with you for a long time. Some one brought up a name that at one time was household my mind, but has long been forgotten, the name Darrin Bartman, one of our better wide receivers. You need to look at the media guide to see when he played. I cant recall.

Comment

No this young man seems to want to play football, the other guy well he backed out of a verbal and thats not the first time it happened at SDSU and certainly not the last time either. I did have to go back to Redhead's one post to get Shiver's name. Most of this years crop of recruits names are very unfamiliar, but give them a redshirt year and most names will stay with you for a long time. Some one brought up a name that at one time was household my mind, but has long been forgotten, the name Darrin Bartman, one of our better wide receivers. You need to look at the media guide to see when he played. I cant recall.
                                I believe that Mr. Sparks wants to play football as well, and that is why he changed his mind to UND. SDSU has pretty decent depth at RB, while UND doesn't.

I am sure that if he fits the system he is on the coach's radar. I will put my faith in our staff and not on all of our "professional" opinions. Although, it is a great way to pass the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X