X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana game thread

Originally posted by sdtheta View Post
    Boo~ What's up with you not being able to drink???
    doctors orders..... my liver is enlarged because of the mono..... no alcohol for a month....

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Ummm, he's the head frickin' coach isn't he?
      Yeah, but he likes to show confidence in his staff, which I think is a good thing. He's not involved in every play call. I'm sure Stig is taking his share of the blame right now in a press conference.

As I sit here trying to figure this out, I do think we're discounting Montana a bit. They stepped it up considerably and made some adjustments in the second half. That Mariani kickoff return was a huge play. We followed it up with an ugly three-and-out. Montana took advantage of our missteps. They deserve a lot of credit for not giving up.

We physically dominated them in the first half. They bowed their necks in the second. Yes, we made a ton of mistakes, but they deserve credit for making plays.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        doctors orders..... my liver is enlarged because of the mono..... no alcohol for a month....
        Milk thistle extract . . . look into it . . . good for the liver . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          Ummm, he's the head frickin' coach isn't he?
          Ya, so you'd think he would dictate the play calling and game plan preparation for the offense, right?? Well, that's not the case at SDSU... That's Meadows SOLE responsibility. And it is a JOKE.

We are way to predictable and haven't attached defenses through the air at all this year. You can only run so many screens or 5 yrd outs before the D will catch on...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I propose a toast . . . raise a glass at 5:00 pm CST tonight, to the Jackrabbit Nation, to SDSU, to our Jackrabbits.

It sucks to lose. It's better to win. But it's best to be a Jackrabbit, win or lose.

Cheers!
            I agree and I'm in!!! Now to focus on Basketball. I'm happy that the Women are entering Conference Play! They will be solid following this tough Non Conference schedule. GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Stig doesn't have control of the play calling! That is what offensive and defensive coordinators do. Blame the coordinators for the calls... of course Stig has an influence on what is called but he is not dictating every play the entire game come on. Can't just blame the coaches... the players got man handled in the second half. Say what you want about our d coordinator... he wasn't out there missing tackles or buying run fakes and leaving receivers wide open. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I propose a toast . . . raise a glass at 5:00 pm CST tonight, to the Jackrabbit Nation, to SDSU, to our Jackrabbits.

It sucks to lose. It's better to win. But it's best to be a Jackrabbit, win or lose.

Cheers!
                I'll toast to that. While I sob in my Coca Cola Classic.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I wonder if the hangover from the game will affect the men's game. Or perhaps we will all be looking for something to cheer for...
                  Screw MBB, they aren't going to the big dance. Here was the chance. This team, right now. PISSED IT DOWN THEIR LEG. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. I hope I get so effin drunk I don't remember anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                    We got outcoached in the second half, plain and simple.

Stig is a good coach and very good man of character, but you need a very good or elite coach to win a playoff game on the road. I'm not saying it's time to throw Stig under the bus, but AD Sell has to be asking: Can I get a championship-calibar program and a new stadium with Stig running this program?

Regardless of Sell's answer, there will be a lot of people who will not like the answer.
                    Stig didn't make the play calls. You can't put this one him. Trying to put this on him is lame.

Prevent defense works...it prevents you from winning. The blitz was not getting to the quarterback when everyone is coming up the middle. Overload one side. How many screen plays did we run on third down?
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      Bull $h!t. He is the head effin coach. If he doesn't have control...out the door you go.
                      Your wrong.. I played on the offensive side of the ball under both of them for 5 years... sorry. That's the way it is here. Like JimmyJacks said, he gives his assistants the power (especially on O)...

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        Screw MBB, they aren't going to the big dance. Here was the chance. This team, right now. PISSED IT DOWN THEIR LEG. THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. I hope I get so effin drunk I don't remember anything.
                        I didn't realize that they already seeded the tournament. Man, kind of makes the season seem a little less important. I better pass this onto the basketball staff. They shouldn't waste their time watching tape and scouting. Might as well join the Brookings kickball league.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Easy, sf... we played and we lost... and I'm as upset as anyone here.... but there's not thing one we can do about it right now but cry in our beers.

The 2010 football season begins tomorrow.
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

By my watch, it's 5:00.

Prost! Saalud! GoRabbits!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Yeah, but he likes to show confidence in his staff, which I think is a good thing. He's not involved in every play call. I'm sure Stig is taking his share of the blame right now in a press conference.

As I sit here trying to figure this out, I do think we're discounting Montana a bit. They stepped it up considerably and made some adjustments in the second half. That Mariani kickoff return was a huge play. We followed it up with an ugly three-and-out. Montana took advantage of our missteps. They deserve a lot of credit for not giving up.

We physically dominated them in the first half. They bowed their necks in the second. Yes, we made a ton of mistakes, but they deserve credit for making plays.
                              Yep, we came out and punched them in the mouth the first 3 quarters, but they punched us in the mouth, kicked us in the balls and ran right over us in the 4th.

Hell of comeback Montana.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                                Easy, sf... we played and we lost... and I'm as upset as anyone here.... but there's not thing one we can do about it right now but cry in our beers.

The 2010 football season begins tomorrow.

im crying in my merlot. but its only a damn game and life goes on and we have basketball season ahead of us and im excited about watching the men and women compete in the summit league. CHEERS RABBIT FANS TO A GREAT BASKETBALL SEASON!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X