X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana game thread

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Loosing Don Bailey a couple of weeks before fall camp probably did not have any noticeable impact until today. I think if Stig can get a good QB in the off season, we will be Okay. Its not about Stig, its about underfunding of staff. I think our new AD understands that since Bailey left after Sell arrived.

Fixed it for you.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the "prevent" defense. Not much of a fan of the prevent offense, either.

The combination, IMHO, prevented an SDSU win today.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        One thing I do know. Montana is not a better football team than us - we gave them this game on a silver platter. That's what hurts so bad. When you put the D on the field like that, they are going to get worn out considering we didn't do anything on O in the second half.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing, but I'm just pointing out that these are the kind of comments that really pissed us off after various games this year.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

One thing I do know. Montana is not a better football team than us - we gave them this game on a silver platter. That's what hurts so bad. When you put the D on the field like that, they are going to get worn out considering we didn't do anything on O in the second half.
          Granted we did our best to give the game away, but they did have to catch and throw the ball.

I wil not play the "the didn't win this game, we lost it" thing. We have been talking about people disrespecting us by saying the same exact thing.

Did Montana out play us the whole game? No. Did they outplay us in the final 10 minutes? Yes.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            To add to my previous list, as this is a very fair comment:

4. Defense.

There is so much blame to go arround. There is really A LOT of blame. Coaching, turnovers...it goes on and on. Sad.
            I agree, but I wonder what the time of possession was for the second half. It seemed like the defense was on the field A LOT during the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              I've never been a fan of the "prevent" defense. Not much of a fan of the prevent offense, either.

The combination, IMHO, prevented an SDSU win today.
              yup..... I thought the offense looked good at times but when they are stacking 9 in the box we should probably throw a time or 2.... college football rules make a prevent defense look worthless, they stop the clock after every first down so even though you aren't giving up the big play the clock is stoping after every first down so it doesn't take that long to go up and down the field....

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                Fixed it for you.
                Unfix it as that is not what I MEANT.

Comment

I hope there's a special place in hell for the person who came up with the "prevent" defense. IT... DOES... NOT... WORK!!!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Something to meditate on this bitter evening as we all cry into our beer, and prepare for the Nagy-Rabbits to pummel the Denver Pioneers.

Guinness for me, tonight.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      ask yourself. if your Austin Summner do you play for this coaching staff?
                      No. He played for the Brandon Valley coaching staff. Now, if he comes to SDSU next year he would play. I figured eveyone knew that...

Don't forget that the team he led lost a lead at halftime too...so I don't see anything that really makes me think that he will be a big time QB. He would probably be #3 on the chart next year anyway.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        Did Montana out play us the whole game? No. Did they outplay us in the final 10 minutes? Yes.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how. Again...no heart. And piss-poor coaching.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Outcoached us, moreover. Meadows needs to step down as O Coordinator. I've played under him - I understand he isn't cut out for the job. End of story.

Comment

This game makes me want to go out drinking tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Something to meditate on this bitter evening as we all cry into our beer, and prepare for the Nagy-Rabbits to pummel the Denver Pioneers.

Guinness for me, tonight.
                              Where @ I need somone to drink with...

Comment

I don't give a $H!t what anybody says right now.

If someone or everyone doesn't get fired over this debacle, I will seriously consider not renewing my season tickets. I have never been a Stig fan and have kept my mouth shut with the success. Well my mouth is open now. Fired, fired, fired. This is the biggest bunch of $h!t I have ever seen. 48 effin points in 3 quarters. And losing by 13. Heads have to roll. That's it.

Go away coaching staff, you suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X