X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana game thread

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
    Any chance we played way over our head the first half?
    It was the best half of football we played all season... I'll say it again, we played "not to lose" in the second half and that will always kill you.
    I feel bad for the seniors.

Comment

This is a horrible horrible 4th qtr and game, but I'm not going to call for the whole staff or Stig in general when we move up a notch each year. If they/he learns from this and takes us to the next level year so be it.

Comment

Well it felt like this in 1993 and it was a nice day and a nice trip to Missoula.

Those newspapers in Montana will go wild blowing up the great comeback. They did in 1993 and I was hanging around on the Sunday after in Missoula. All you heard about was the great GRIZ and their comeback.

Comment

This game is on Stig and his staff. Playing prevent with 10 minutes left on both sides of the ball is terrible. Looks like they were trying to play 1-1 football his week. Someone better step up and answer the thought process about it. I am all about not making mistakes, but that was terrible.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

O'Brien's turnovers culprits? We had a 27 point lead after the 2....

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Well it felt like this in 1993 and it was a nice day and a nice trip to Missoula.

Those newspapers in Montana will go wild blowing up the great comeback.

That's because it WAS a great comeback. Pathetic fourth-quarter showing. PATHETIC!
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

It's ok for fans at home to get overconfident and count the W, but maybe the team and coaches did today also...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Those newspapers in Montana will go wild blowing up the great comeback. They did in 1993 and I was hanging around on the Sunday after in Missoula. All you heard about was the great GRIZ and their comeback.
                  At least in 1993 we scored a couple times down the stretch to make it seem like we had a chance. This was just too much.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Maybe the "boring football" mantra needs to stop. We have great athletes, use them.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

There is NO REASON why we should have lost this game...

The only thing a prevent defense does is prevent wins... you go for the jugular and you DO. NOT. LET. UP!!!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                        This is a horrible horrible 4th qtr and game, but I'm not going to call for the whole staff or Stig in general when we move up a notch each year. If they/he learns from this and takes us to the next level year so be it.
                        sorry man, learning every year is not enough. every game is the only option.
                        we have made these mistakes before and not learned from them..

Comment

I'm embarrassed to be a fan right now. I just can't believe what I'm watching. GREAT GAME JACKS

Comment

2006 Insight Bowl. Minnesota vs Texas Tech. Gophers up by 28 at half. End up losing. Glen Mason fired within the next week. The same thing we sould do with the current staff of SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              O'Brien's turnovers culprits? We had a 27 point lead after the 2....

Three TOB turnovers = 21 Montana points.

Oops...make it four, though the last one doesn't count and doesn't matter.
                              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                                2006 Insight Bowl. Minnesota vs Texas Tech. Gophers up by 28 at half. End up losing. Glen Mason fired within the next week. The same thing we sould do with the current staff of SDSU.
                                Relax on the firing the staff comments. Ain't going to happen.
                                I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X