This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana game thread

That was ugly. I was shaking my head when they handed the ball off to Minette three straight times late in the third quarter and punted away. Before that, they had Montana by the short ones, but it only got worse from there.

Comment

We got outcoached in the second half, plain and simple.

Stig is a good coach and very good man of character, but you need a very good or elite coach to win a playoff game on the road. I'm not saying it's time to throw Stig under the bus, but AD Sell has to be asking: Can I get a championship-calibar program and a new stadium with Stig running this program?

Regardless of Sell's answer, there will be a lot of people who will not like the answer.

Comment

Would now be a good time to remind folks that the coaching staff did what they did this year despite being--if I recall correctly--two full-time positions short of what they're allowed by the NCAA?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lock the thread....season is effing over.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post

Stig is a good coach and very good man of character, but you need a very good or elite coach to win a playoff game on the road. I'm not saying it's time to throw Stig under the bus, but AD Sell has to be asking: Can I get a championship-calibar program and a new stadium with Stig running this program?

Regardless of the Sell's answer, there will be a lot of people who will not like the answer.
            Firing Stig is not the answer. Stig just has to adjust how this team works. I understand that SDSU in the past has been a run first team. That doesn't have to change. The predictability of the team is what has to be dealt with. The commentators nailed it when they said the team ALWAYS runs out of the flash.

Being predictable makes adjustments easy...
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

i'm sitting her with my brother in law, who's a uni alumni...i have to agree, this game is on the d corr...if we want to win new corr!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                The only thing a prevent defense does is prevent wins... you go for the jugular and you DO. NOT. LET. UP!!!
                Cripes alive I HATE prevent defense. HATE HATE HATE. How many times does it have to happen for it to go away?
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I hope everyone realizes THE DEFENSE lost this game for us! The same defense that everyone all year idolized.

Comment

Originally posted by bugz99 View Post
                    I hope everyone realizes THE DEFENSE lost this game for us! The same defense that everyone all year idolized.
                    Not the defense...the playcalling on the defense. There is a difference.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post

Regardless of Sell's answer, there will be a lot of people who will not like the answer.
                      Loosing Don Bailey a couple of weeks before fall camp probably did not have any noticeable impact until today. I think if Stig can get a good QB coach in the off season, we will be Okay. Its not about Stig, its about underfunding of staff. I think our new AD understands that since Bailey left after Sell arrived.

Comment

I have never been more disappointed than I have today. PERIOD.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Just goes to show you how much prevent defense SUCKS...even a GREAT defense can't play prevent defense effectively. Prevent defense needs to go away.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

To add to my previous list, as this is a very fair comment:

4. Defense.

There is so much blame to go arround. There is really A LOT of blame. Coaching, turnovers...it goes on and on. Sad.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

One thing I do know. Montana is not a better football team than us - we gave them this game on a silver platter. That's what hurts so bad. When you put the D on the field like that, they are going to get worn out considering we didn't do anything on O in the second half.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

ask yourself. if your Austin Summner do you play for this coaching staff?

Comment

Working...
                                X