This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Montana game thread

I am going on sabbatical for a while. Enjoy your evenings fellow Jackrabbits. No one get alcohol poisoning or do something else stupid. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Oh, and just to brighten the mood a tad bit, at least we aren't NDSU. That would really suck.

THE SDSU Jackrabbits. Winners of three straight Dakota Marker Games.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

With all the negativity, I would like to point out how classy the Montana TV guys were today. They may not be the most exciteable guys, but they kept pretty well unbiased for the entire game. Even as the jacks were tripping over their own dust bunnies.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
        Easy, sf... we played and we lost... and I'm as upset as anyone here.... but there's not thing one we can do about it right now but cry in our beers.

The 2010 football season begins tomorrow.
        Seriously. I said at the end of the WBB season last year to soak it in because Big Dances don't happen every year no matter how good we think our team is. Well look at that turnover prone disaster right now.

The WBB team should have at least made the Sweet 16 last year. And this football team should have made AT LEAST the next round, with a possibility of a home game. Think about it. 1979, that was the last time they made the playoffs. Half the damn people on this board are going to be dead if it takes 30 years to make it again. Carpe Diem. Seize the day. Jacks did not.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
          Seriously. I said at the end of the WBB season last year to soak it in because Big Dances don't happen every year no matter how good we think our team is. Well look at that turnover prone disaster right now.

The WBB team should have at least made the Sweet 16 last year. And this football team should have made AT LEAST the next round, with a possibility of a home game. Think about it. 1979, that was the last time they made the playoffs. Half the damn people on this board are going to be dead if it takes 30 years to make it again. Carpe Diem. Seize the day. Jacks did not.

speak for yourself. im 52 and im not going to be dead in 30 yrs. ive been a jack fan for 35 yrs. there's been many dissappointments. but in the end, its only a game and im not going to get ulcers over a loss. now, back to my glass of wine.

Comment

Let's take a break from the frustration and say thanks to a great group of seniors who gave us everything they had for four or five years:

Danny Batten, Steven Bazata, Casey Bender, Joseph Blackman, Ryan Crawford, Glen Fox, Isaiah Jackson, Chris Johnson, Casey Knips, Nate Koskovich, Jacob Ludemann, Jordan Miranda, Adam Monke, Saunders Montague, Jordan Paula, Jimmy Rogers, Mike Steffen.

What a great group of leaders. Thanks guys.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Let's take a break from the frustration and say thanks to a great group of seniors who gave us everything they had for four or five years:

Danny Batten, Steven Bazata, Casey Bender, Joseph Blackman, Ryan Crawford, Glen Fox, Isaiah Jackson, Chris Johnson, Casey Knips, Nate Koskovich, Jacob Ludemann, Jordan Miranda, Adam Monke, Saunders Montague, Jordan Paula, Jimmy Rogers, Mike Steffen.

Exactly what he said

Comment

QFT. Thanks to a whale of a bunch of seniors.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

See the names on this list. Look at the schedule next year.

Thanks coaching staff for a historic letdown.

Comment

AMEN!!! They played their hearts out during their time with the team!! The article in the ARGUS recently about the Arizona players was awesome! They stayed and made a difference when they felt like leaving almost daily! The Jacks are still an awesome team and these young men are going to have outstanding futures in whatever direction their lives take them. CONGRATS ON A GREAT SEASON JACKS!!!

Comment

Wow. Tearing down two of our most impressive athletic programs at SDSU in the same post is very bold sfjacksfan99. Today was not fun for any of us, but lighten up a little bit on completely bashing these programs.

Comment

Lots of talent behind them, including probably our best RS freshman class ever. Give the coach a few more resources (like two more assistants) and we'll be OK. We'll miss those seniors a lot, but every player I talk to says there are even more talented guys waiting in the wings.

I like the chances of any team with Kyle Minett in the backfield and guys like Jake Steffen, Derek Domino, and Conrad Kjerstad on the D.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Anybody have post game comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                            Anybody have post game comments?
                            Plenty.

Oh. You mean from coaches?
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks coaching staff for a historic letdown.
                              STFU.

Good lord, we are all pissed about the play calling but c'mon. Stig has gotten this team to the playoffs and a contender in the MVFC...

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                                Wow. Tearing down two of our most impressive athletic programs at SDSU in the same post is very bold sfjacksfan99. Today was not fun for any of us, but lighten up a little bit on completely bashing these programs.
                                I am not tearing down these programs. I am just saying...live in the moment. The WBB team should not have lost to Baylor as much as the FB team should not have lost today. They both should have advanced and who knows what happens after that. We will never know because of meltdowns of epic proportion. Today even more than that day in March. And that was a disaster in itself by a guard averaging like 7 ppg. Today...unspeakable. Heads should roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X